Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   Rubio Exquisite or Harden Exquisite (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/399926-rubio-exquisite-harden-exquisite.html)

DeRozan#1Fan 11-17-2012 12:53 PM

Rubio Exquisite or Harden Exquisite

If you had the chance to buy one of these cards for investment purposes, and you can only pick one of these due to budget restrictions, which one would you pick? They seem to be selling at or around the same price level right now.

Rubio recently sold for $320 & 330
Harden recently went for $351, 202.50, and $350 (card has a print line but includes a Lin auto)

I'm leaning towards the Harden because of his current all star production level. His prices are still comparatively cheap even with the recent uptick in his card sale values. So, I can see more of an upside for his card values.

Which one would you pick? Why?

Wings 11-17-2012 01:12 PM

Rubio all day, Harden is peaking in card values. I think now is the worst possible time to buy Harden.

saketm92 11-17-2012 01:18 PM

Rubio......

NBAFREAK02 11-17-2012 01:56 PM

[QUOTE=Wings;3656678]Rubio all day, Harden is peaking in card values. I think now is the worst possible time to buy Harden.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. Harden is peaking at the 300 range. Rubio is out and is selling better than Harden. If Rubio comes back healthy, it would be a sure investment for a Rubio Exquisite.

wfrazier 11-17-2012 02:01 PM

Probably Rubio IF he comes back healthy... The team already has said when Rubio comes back he won't play in b2b games for " a long time" ... maybe all year? That's not gonna help his value to play limited minutes and only once or twice a week. That said... I think Rubio will continue to drop even after coming back. Harden? Only .2 pts behind Kobe for league scoring lead! If Houston makes playoffs or Harden wins scoring title = VALUE UP. I like Harden

fullmetal 11-17-2012 02:07 PM

Harden will be an All Star for many years.

I think Harden will be a team superstar.

WillC 11-17-2012 02:22 PM

Rubio. I thoroughly enjoyed watching him play last year. Hopefully he returns from injury and continues to play as well or better.

DeRozan#1Fan 11-17-2012 03:30 PM

I don't see how Harden could already be at his peak card values. The Rockets haven't even had a string of wins yet nor are they a lock for the playoffs and Harden's Exquisite has already risen exponentially since he's now the Alpha Dog in his team and he's producing better than expected. Plus potential All Star selection for him this year might bump up his cards some more.

I like the points stated on Rubio, but what if this is just the start of many more long term injuries. I understand that his values may be at a low because he is injured which makes his cards a good prospect for investment. But his injury scares me, and makes me think he is a riskier investment.

crazymj 11-17-2012 03:31 PM

Harden is at the peak of the price, rubio is at the low end of the price, I can see harden going down to $200 and rubio going up to $500.

minnesotachill 11-17-2012 03:46 PM

Rubio, hands down, not even close.

RedSoxFan28 11-17-2012 04:03 PM

Harden without a doubt, not even close. Rubio could become a top 5 PG when Harden could become the best SG in the league.

thepinoymamba 11-17-2012 05:46 PM

Rubio... we are talking hobby wise price value.
So definitely Rubio... by the time he starts playing again and is healthy...
Then your pick up would just jump exponentially!

wfrazier 11-17-2012 05:56 PM

One more chime in... All the members that say "when" Rubio is healthy .... isn't that part of this argument? Rubio is gonna be forced to take baby steps IF he comes back this year. To me that shows that at least his GM is worried about the injury, and I KNOW you would be insane not to be, just saying the team is scared to death. I have bought ONE players cards when they were injured and at a low and MADE $$$ = Blake Griffin. Not putting my $$ down unless I know somebody is healthy or coming back healthy!

crazymj 11-17-2012 06:11 PM

I'm not sure u can actually find Rubio exquisite for around $300 tho. Now that he is returning soon, everyone is holding him and not willing to sell for low.

MavsRChamps 11-17-2012 06:18 PM

I'm surprised so many people are saying Rubio when I believe Harden CLEARLY is the better player and has a better future ... However, Harden has so many more Autos than Rubio on the market and has a NT Patch Auto, while Rubio does not (So the Exquisite is Rubio's Best RC) - Because of this it's close ...

UltimateDeron 11-17-2012 06:23 PM

If its Rubio then it is only because his Exquisite is his best RC, while Harden has a National Treasures RPA RC.

WillC 11-17-2012 06:45 PM

Harden might be the better player, but Rubio has more of a cult following.

That's the key difference.

It's the same with players like Penny Hardaway and Grant Hill. Their injuries arguably added to their hobby value, since it left fans wondering "what if...?"

ninjacookies 11-17-2012 06:57 PM

I remember thinking Blake Griffin's cards 'peaked' when his exquisites were ~300 and NT's were around ~1.2k December his rookie year.

Yeah...we all know how that turned out.

Harden is a much more solid investment, but rubio may have a slightly higher ceiling because of the international appeal. In no way have harden's Exquisite prices peaked a few weeks into the season...that method of logic is ridiculous.

dasiegel 11-17-2012 06:59 PM

rubio, no brainer, dont listen to anyone else. broader market, at lowest values right now, rubio.

Wings 11-17-2012 07:04 PM

[QUOTE=ninjacookies;3658252]I remember thinking Blake Griffin's cards 'peaked' when his exquisites were ~300 and NT's were around ~1.2k December his rookie year.

Yeah...we all know how that turned out.

Harden is a much more solid investment, but rubio may have a slightly higher ceiling because of the international appeal. In no way have harden's Exquisite prices peaked a few weeks into the season...that method of logic is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Why compare to Blake? The question we are answering is who is a better investment. Do you select the hottest player in the NBA to invest in or an international player who has been injured for an entire year. Easy question if you ask me...

And considering Blake was injured his rookie year, youre proving the Rubio argument.

CP3toOKC 11-17-2012 07:19 PM

You should have made a poll, my vote goes toward Rubio. I doubt harden's exq would ever reach Rubio's peak price

ninjacookies 11-18-2012 12:04 AM

[QUOTE=Wings;3658292]Why compare to Blake? The question we are answering is who is a better investment. Do you select the hottest player in the NBA to invest in or an international player who has been injured for an entire year. Easy question if you ask me...

And considering Blake was injured his rookie year, youre proving the Rubio argument.[/QUOTE]

Actually no. Rubio already played a rookie year, Blake's prices were reflective of his very 'fresh' rookie season. My point was that people who think prices of 'hot' players have peaked only a few weeks into a season don't know what they're talking about.

Hell, look at D Rose. His prices (despite having an epic entire year) did not take off until around after the all-star break his mvp season.

Rubios prices already have 'hype' factored in currently from his glimpses of greatness his first year. To top that, he would really have to add a strong offensive game to take him to the next price plateau, imo. Or the Wolves would just have have a great season record wise, which I can't see happening.

pepsiporch 11-18-2012 12:31 AM

Harden by a mile

Rubio peaked last year

ninjacookies 11-18-2012 12:47 AM

[QUOTE=pepsiporch;3659943]Harden by a mile

Rubio peaked last year[/QUOTE]

voice of reason.