Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,942
Default Stephen Curry's eye-opening game

Top five NBA clips from November 19, 2012 - The rise of Stephen Curry

He did! He finally did it. He played like a franchise player against the Mavericks last night. This one, I felt the need to share with you Curry collectors. If you're a fan of him like me, last night's game was a long time coming. Of course, it had to come on a night when he tweaked his ankle. Again. Combined with brace and taping, he says he carries about 10 lbs of extra weight on his ankle, which I'm sure has an impact on the way he moves. Anyway, best is yet to come
__________________
sheridanhoops.com/author/james-park/
twitter.com/sheridanblog
I collect STEPHEN CURRY RC AUTOS: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tupark82/library/MY%20PC/Stephen%20Curry?sort=6&page=1
tupark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
XARZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 5,337
Default

We always knew he had this in him. BUT does his body have the ability to withstand this day in day out.
__________________
Pink Elephant Foamposite Pro Sz8-15 F/S $280 Dlvd
http://onlythebestnba.tumblr.com/
http://onlythebestknicks.tumblr.com/
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
We always knew he had this in him. BUT does his body have the ability to withstand this day in day out.
True. That ankle continues to be a concern, which is just crazy. But honestly, I've also never seen him take over a game like he did last night and I've seen him play a LOT of games.

Btw, how about them Knicks... crazy team.
__________________
sheridanhoops.com/author/james-park/
twitter.com/sheridanblog
I collect STEPHEN CURRY RC AUTOS: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tupark82/library/MY%20PC/Stephen%20Curry?sort=6&page=1
tupark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,303
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupark82 View Post
True. That ankle continues to be a concern, which is just crazy. But honestly, I've also never seen him take over a game like he did last night and I've seen him play a LOT of games.

Btw, how about them Knicks... crazy team.
hope that ankle stays together and i love barnes and if bogut comes back with lee and thompson...that is a scary team imo. not really sure how their bench is but that is a impressive starting five if it can come together.
rmiller1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
XARZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami Beach, FL
Posts: 5,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupark82 View Post
True. That ankle continues to be a concern, which is just crazy. But honestly, I've also never seen him take over a game like he did last night and I've seen him play a LOT of games.

Btw, how about them Knicks... crazy team.
Lets hope they keep it together. haha
__________________
Pink Elephant Foamposite Pro Sz8-15 F/S $280 Dlvd
http://onlythebestnba.tumblr.com/
http://onlythebestknicks.tumblr.com/
XARZY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
mcgahee21nfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,334
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XARZY View Post
We always knew he had this in him. BUT does his body have the ability to withstand this day in day out.
no, it doesn't. injury problems don't become habitual and then simply fade away.

he did play great yesterday though, but its not eye opening nor surprising. he's already one of the top 3pt fg % shooters in nba history... nobody has had this % at this point in his career. % only goes up as players become more veteran - not to mention hes a career 17 6 and 4 guy...

also going up against darren collison who is small and easy to overpower, as well as an old slow defensive post unit... didn't exactly make for a tough matchup.

i've def seen him play better games. hes a downright amazing player
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmiller1k View Post
hope that ankle stays together and i love barnes and if bogut comes back with lee and thompson...that is a scary team imo. not really sure how their bench is but that is a impressive starting five if it can come together.
Yes, but Bogut's situation is fluid. That ankle looked nowhere near ready for game action, even though his defense was awesome when he did play limited minutes. And Thompson... dude is a bonehead. I thought he'd contend for MIP this season, but he actually has a long, long way to go.
__________________
sheridanhoops.com/author/james-park/
twitter.com/sheridanblog
I collect STEPHEN CURRY RC AUTOS: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tupark82/library/MY%20PC/Stephen%20Curry?sort=6&page=1
tupark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
PackAttack419's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,376
Default

i watched the game from the second quarter on, and i cant say that this was curry's breakout game or anything. i've been a fan of curry since his days at Davidson, and i'm def rooting for him to succeed and excel (just not against my mavs ). it's interesting to note that had vince made the shot at the end of regulation, i imagine this thread would not exist

anyway i think he only scored 11 in the first 3 quarters. one quarter & one OT does not make for an eye-opening game IMO. down the stretch, i kept thinking that Golden State was clogging up the paint when the mavs brought it down, whereas curry was able to get into the paint for floaters and passes. this happened again and again, which had me actually yelling at the computer in frustration as a mav fan. this was not just because of curry's pick&roll but because of the mavs obvious defensive break down. i cant say it was curry's brilliance that time and time again the mavs didnt rotate and close out. it wasnt like curry carried his team against all odds... it actually was a lack of defensive focus from the mavs. barnes hit wayyy too many OPEN 3's and the warriors had i think 17 offensive rebounds in the first half.

curry played great, no doubt, and i hope he continues to improve and stay healthy. i really hope he can become the franchise player as i am quickly becoming a fan of this young warriors team with thompson & barnes as well
__________________
getting out of the hobby by the end of the 2013-14 basketball season... slowly ebaying the PC
PackAttack419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
franxise01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 201
Default

yeah, he needed a game like that... and we too lol
The Warriors finally look solid, they are winning tied games off the road and without Rush and Bogut.

My only concern is Thompson like you said...shooters can have 2-3 consecutive bad nights, but this guy hasnīt played a good game this season yet... he lost the game against Denver, missed the winning shot against Sacramento and he had the chance to win it yesterday in regulation with an open 3 and missed.
Let's hope he finds his touch again

Go warriors!!
__________________
Steph Curry PC
http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac173/franxise01/basketball%20cards/PC-NFT/
franxise01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,942
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
i watched the game from the second quarter on, and i cant say that this was curry's breakout game or anything. i've been a fan of curry since his days at Davidson, and i'm def rooting for him to succeed and excel (just not against my mavs ). it's interesting to note that had vince made the shot at the end of regulation, i imagine this thread would not exist

anyway i think he only scored 11 in the first 3 quarters. one quarter & one OT does not make for an eye-opening game IMO. down the stretch, i kept thinking that Golden State was clogging up the paint when the mavs brought it down, whereas curry was able to get into the paint for floaters and passes. this happened again and again, which had me actually yelling at the computer in frustration as a mav fan. this was not just because of curry's pick&roll but because of the mavs obvious defensive break down. i cant say it was curry's brilliance that time and time again the mavs didnt rotate and close out. it wasnt like curry carried his team against all odds... it actually was a lack of defensive focus from the mavs. barnes hit wayyy too many OPEN 3's and the warriors had i think 17 offensive rebounds in the first half.

curry played great, no doubt, and i hope he continues to improve and stay healthy. i really hope he can become the franchise player as i am quickly becoming a fan of this young warriors team with thompson & barnes as well
But see, my point is that he closed out the game like we've never seen him do before.

I mentioned this already, but he's had better statistical games in the past. He just never played the role of a guy that made every single play down the stretch when there's a lot of pressure to make things happen.

An eye-opening performance occurs in the fourth quarter when it matter the most, not in the first 3 quarters. That's not to say the first 3 quarters aren't important, but winning time is when the stars shine, and Curry has always been more of a first 3 quarters kind of guy a lot more so than a closer in the 4th. He may even play well in the 4th, but is often minimized in the final minutes.

That has been the case even this season, when Jackson would often put the ball in the hands of Jarrett Jack and have Curry play off the ball, which to me, is a complete misuse of his talent.

As far as the breakdown of the defense is concerned, none of it is really an issue if Curry isn't knocking down shots and drawing fouls against one-on-one defense. The PnR for the Warriors is a colossal fail when Curry doesn't hit his shots because David Lee gets his shots swatted like he's Glen Davis half the time.
__________________
sheridanhoops.com/author/james-park/
twitter.com/sheridanblog
I collect STEPHEN CURRY RC AUTOS: http://smg.photobucket.com/user/tupark82/library/MY%20PC/Stephen%20Curry?sort=6&page=1
tupark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:19 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
bbplaya11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: boston, MA
Posts: 3,002
Default

Gutta fell good for curry he's a great player, as for warrior fans the rook barnes is looking good too
__________________
http://bbplaya.webs.com
Carolina Panthers
Boston Celtics
Boston Redsox
bbplaya11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 01:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
wfrazier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ky
Posts: 2,296
Default

He's the BOMB!

LOL ... just couldn't help myself!
wfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 02:15 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,830
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tupark82 View Post
An eye-opening performance occurs in the fourth quarter when it matter the most, not in the first 3 quarters.

LOL

Elite players play every quarter like its a 4th. Making a big shot doesn't make you an elite player.

Elite players sit out the fourth because they did all the work in 3 rather than 4 quarters

Curry will beam back down to earth as he usually does. His consistency just isnt there as yet.
__________________
!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright Đ 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.