Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #26 (permalink)

I want to know why some of the top rookies aren't in the set
rauchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:00 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
seems like people debate things both ways, in prizm people claim not enough parallels, in topps chrome football they argue it's way too many........
There is no way anyone could satisfy everyone. Lol!

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #28 (permalink)

i gota a case coming in on wed, i'll let you know how it is, lol. but my guess is its gonna be pretty awesome even with all the complaints, maybe not a lot of chases but more value in the lower number autos and parallels.

Don't be so hard on me, I'm already a Knick fan!
dasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
seems like people debate things both ways, in prizm people claim not enough parallels, in topps chrome football they argue it's way too many........
no this is clearly too few parallels. It seems panini is trying to listen but it's extremely frustrating in that they don't seem to look closely enough at what is being said. Clearly a 1/1 parallel should be in this set, it is absolute ignorance on panini's part to not have them in this product. Add in 1 or two more parallels beyond that, (/100, /50, /10, /1) strengthen the auto checklist a bit and this product is golden, yet they took an idea that could be good, and led it down disappointing path by neglecting the details. Another 'eh' product by panini. Had potential then fell flat on its face because of the details, on par for the course unfortunately.
mrlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:42 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlaker View Post
no this is clearly too few parallels. It seems panini is trying to listen but it's extremely frustrating in that they don't seem to look closely enough at what is being said. Clearly a 1/1 parallel should be in this set, it is absolute ignorance on panini's part to not have them in this product. Add in 1 or two more parallels beyond that, (/100, /50, /10, /1) strengthen the auto checklist a bit and this product is golden, yet they took an idea that could be good, and led it down disappointing path by neglecting the details. Another 'eh' product by panini. Had potential then fell flat on its face because of the details, on par for the course unfortunately.
Exactly, there is no reason to not include a 1/1 parallel.

Last edited by StraightCash; 11-25-2012 at 12:56 AM.
StraightCash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #31 (permalink)

Yes, Panini should follow the path of Black, Emerald, Gold, Blue, and Red parallels (some can be in hobby or retail exclusive) to make the box breaking more interesting. Otherwise, it's a bit tough having only two autos and two "prizm" for a box.
jbettis32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
MSD

I'd rather they not have 1/1s, look at PMGs, not having those limited /5, /1 parallels make the other higher numbered parallels so much more valuable. They should have at least done a /10 and a /50 though, it's a shame, this could have been a staple product considering how good the Gold parallel looks.
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:40 AM   #33 (permalink)

but now look at the breakdown, it will be very hard to obtain the greens etc. I think they are going with the plan that if they set the product up a certain way it will bring more value to it. instead of just cheaping out a ton of parallels? not really sure
Old 11-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #34 (permalink)

Maybe it isn't the complete checklist? I was hoping for more autograph inserts like unannounced team USA autographs. As much as I would love to see Chris Paul autographs, Panini has yet to fulfill his autograph cards from the past products. I have like 10 CP3 redemptions from Panini unfulfilled!
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #35 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to SethMurphy

Fab Melo is in, so singles here I come

PCs - Cito Culver, Ryan Callahan, Ryan Nassib college uni, Prince Amukamara autos #/25 or less, Eli Manning autos, Richter/Messier/Leetch
SethMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:15 PM   #36 (permalink)

My biggest beef with Panini is that they seem to come out with different sets each year for the most part instead of releasing a few of the same sets each year. I hope if Prizm does well, they do put in some other parallels in the future. Remember that both Chrome and Finest only came out with one parallel version at first and then later on added more so maybe they are following that path.
byronscott4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:28 PM   #37 (permalink)

Personally, I think Prizm is only about laying the tracks for a trademark!

Others have mentioned that they weren't allowed to use Chrome and Refractor as terms, so buy creating this 'type' of card with the name 'Prizm' (and spelled that way) it allows them to register a unique name as a trademark in the industry to be used from here on!

This will also explain why they have named the release after a parallel!
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
The problem is they priced it as a mid-end product at $100 MAAP. But the content seems more like a lower-end product at $60-$70.
seems like it should be a $50 product or less. that checklist looks terrible

PANINI = CHEAPSKATES: http://youtu.be/rsSq7QqpUto
clipperboy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:09 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipperboy24 View Post
seems like it should be a $50 product or less. that checklist looks terrible
Pretty sure you can say the same thing about most Panini products...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 AM   #40 (permalink)

Jimmers in!

Please lemme know if you have anything Jimmer Fredette!
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:13 AM   #41 (permalink)

This will be a solid product, cant wait for the release...
benz35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:52 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Personally, I think Prizm is only about laying the tracks for a trademark!

Others have mentioned that they weren't allowed to use Chrome and Refractor as terms, so buy creating this 'type' of card with the name 'Prizm' (and spelled that way) it allows them to register a unique name as a trademark in the industry to be used from here on!

This will also explain why they have named the release after a parallel!
I agree they are laying tracks. They are laying tracks for their train to run over anyone foolish enough to rip this product. There is ZERO value here for anyone who rips this. Mark my words. Love this product? Buy it for $60 a box in 3 months.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:23 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
I agree they are laying tracks. They are laying tracks for their train to run over anyone foolish enough to rip this product. There is ZERO value here for anyone who rips this. Mark my words. Love this product? Buy it for $60 a box in 3 months.
Why is it always about 'value'??? Seriously! Some of us just like to collect cards!
How many times can people same the same thing about every different basketball release that comes out, yet still keep coming back?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #44 (permalink)

the $60 a box in 3 months isn't really a big deal even if it's true..........

i'm sure you can get extra value right at first release so I would expect it to be more now, and less later, most products usually are.

I don't really think any of these panini products promise much as far as rip & flip, I don't think that's the focus of them. that's probably a good thing?
Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Why is it always about 'value'??? Seriously! Some of us just like to collect cards!
How many times can people same the same thing about every different basketball release that comes out, yet still keep coming back?
I like prizm and I think it's gunna be great, but people complain about the price not because their all trying to make a profit but because they would rather not waste money on a product and get hammered. Instead they would rather wait for a better product to come out and save the money
vinsanity15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:49 AM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity15 View Post
I like prizm and I think it's gunna be great, but people complain about the price not because their all trying to make a profit but because they would rather not waste money on a product and get hammered. Instead they would rather wait for a better product to come out and save the money
I get it! But the reality is that the hobby is what it is. Why spend all your forum time pushing your negative thoughts on everyone?

Also, why is it always the manufavturer's fault when it comes to 'value for money'? What about the collectors who have driven the demand for things like the GU card into the ground! Or the distributors that boost their 'retail' prices when some sort of hype occurs? Greed! That is why!

I love the hobby, I like getting a set of cards together then reading the back if every card to learn about the players. I like sending a free PC Card I someone that would enjoy it far more than I do. I like the conversations and discussions that arise from the hobby!

But I cannot understand the people that just continually flog the horse and complain about things but aren't prepared to make an effort to change it!
Old 11-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #47 (permalink)

yea but guys, if you have like 5 different parallels, nobody will have about the /499 or /299, if you have 2 levels, maybe you can get $15-20 bucks for a Griffin /25 or $25-30 for a Kobe. IF that's wishful thinking then it kinda kills my argument but I'd much rather even a CP3 /25 prism that sells for $6-8 then a Wade Jersey that sells for $3-5. I guess it depends on if these parallels catch on, I can see super big bucks for these golds though!

Don't be so hard on me, I'm already a Knick fan!
dasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:22 AM   #48 (permalink)

yeah? I mean if the market is right the product could smash everything, just depends on what people themselves get excited about and start buying, it's really all about the ebay sales totals for most anyway.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:38 AM   #49 (permalink)

Does anybody know the odds of pulling a gold prizm?(one per case?)
benz35 is online now   Reply With Quote