Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2012, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default 12/13 Totally Certified Rating

I was looking forward to this but I would say its horrible compared to last years .

What do you rate 12/13 totally certified

I give it a 2 out of 10

Panini where are the rookie jersey cards ?
Emerald patch rookie auto jersey cards ?
Prime patch logo and team cards
auto cards look horrible .
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
MSD

The sad part is that it's still t hebest available product right now..

Last edited by MSD; 11-25-2012 at 11:44 PM.
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #3 (permalink)

The box breaks look terrible and I am staying away! 120 a box is ridiculous for this stuff. It will be down to 80 bucks as soon as MAP ends.
Yaga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:27 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think it is no secret that Panini are struggling with all of the releases so far this year! If I was to take a guess as to why..... I would say that Panini have had issues acquiring jerseys to use in their cards. Perhaps caused by the lockout?

It is pretty clear that they are rationing the material when you have only 2 jersey subsets and patches are case hits!

Even in Certified, they don't have the jumbo patches they used to! And no jersey in the RC's

I think Panini needed to make people more aware of the set backs the lockout caused, if that is the reason
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
I think it is no secret that Panini are struggling with all of the releases so far this year! If I was to take a guess as to why..... I would say that Panini have had issues acquiring jerseys to use in their cards. Perhaps caused by the lockout?

It is pretty clear that they are rationing the material when you have only 2 jersey subsets and patches are case hits!

Even in Certified, they don't have the jumbo patches they used to! And no jersey in the RC's

I think Panini needed to make people more aware of the set backs the lockout caused, if that is the reason
Rookie Jersey cards are event worn so no reason for that with lockout ?
Old 11-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

What about non-updated photos. Far too many players that are not in their current uniforms. Even practice jerseys would be nice
Also want your Brook Lopez, Mason Plumlee and Deron Williams
yankeesfan24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

i think its the same as last years but last year it was new. but honestly, its just not a great prodcut bc there were real pmg's in retro so the emeralds lose their value a bit and at $120 a box its a joke
Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

Were you guys collecting in 09/10, 10/11, 11/12, and now 12/13? Panini has failed to make decent products EVERY year they have had the license. They saw Totally Certified do well and got excited. Not because it did well but because they knew they could destroy the product and people would still buy it. Look at previous wax prices on EVERY past Panini basketball release. Aside from National Treasures they are all in the tank. Blame it on the lockout blah blah blah. Panini has shown from day 1 they do not care about their customers. Im not sure how people can even trust this company after seeing they never inserted certain HUGE pulls in previous products. Panini has destroyed basketball collecting for me.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:50 AM   #9 (permalink)

No Emerald Rookie Auto Patches and the horrible Totally Signature cards ruin it completely
snsdmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:27 AM   #10 (permalink)

Truthfully the only good looking cards in my eyes are the patches in the base set
Old 11-26-2012, 08:25 AM   #11 (permalink)

I rate it 3/10 at best.

I think Prizm might be 5/10 at best ...
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:27 AM   #12 (permalink)

It sucks.

Call me when National Treasures comes out. Untill then, Panini 2012 basketball products are dead to me.
razorsharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:11 AM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah its pretty bad 3 one colored jerseys and 3 scrub rookie autos for 120 is way to high, I only bought one pack and was lucky enough to hit my favorite rookie (sullinger auto)
Boston Redsox
bbplaya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorsharp View Post
It sucks.

Call me when National Treasures comes out. Untill then, Panini 2012 basketball products are dead to me.
Absolute, Limited, Timeless Treasures .... all look like complete crap too except for the Absolute Tags and the acetate rc autos

Each product at $100+ per box is insane when ROI is so poor. Even top hits are weak. In most $100+ products of the past, there were at least 20-40 BIG hits. Meaning $500+ cards at least, if not $1000+ cards.

In Panini products, it seems like 99% of all cards other than NT have nothing valued at $1000+

I know it's not all about ROI value for resale, but cmon now ... lower that MAPP already so people can afford to break.

$100/box is ludacris
paul06901 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:31 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post
Absolute, Limited, Timeless Treasures .... all look like complete crap too except for the Absolute Tags and the acetate rc autos

Each product at $100+ per box is insane when ROI is so poor. Even top hits are weak. In most $100+ products of the past, there were at least 20-40 BIG hits. Meaning $500+ cards at least, if not $1000+ cards.

In Panini products, it seems like 99% of all cards other than NT have nothing valued at $1000+

I know it's not all about ROI value for resale, but cmon now ... lower that MAPP already so people can afford to break.

$100/box is ludacris
I agree with the bolded statement above. MAPP is supposed to help hobby shops, right? And help to stabilize the market on new products?

But at who's cost? The collectors who want to open boxes/cases? Why should collectors have to front that extra cost of MAPP. Seems like MAPP is sucker punching the very people that drive this market in the first place. The collectors.
alexlazarevich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post

$100/box is ludacris
I think the worst part of it people opened this thinking the emeralds will sell very high like last years . There is no chance of that except for a very few and I would not even put kobe,durant,griffin, james in the very few . I don't know what to think on these kryies will these be considered rookies or second year cards?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

nothing this year excites me
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #18 (permalink)

MAPP is way too high. Look at 12-13 Hoops, it went from $70 to $33. Look at Prestige, it went from $100 to $66. The funny part is that, these are "black friday" sale price, and yet, these products are not drying out. So, even at with 40%~50% discount, people still think it is expensive.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #19 (permalink)

As I said before, the parallels lost their value because everyone would type "NEXT PMG?" in all their ebay listings. Problem is, Upper Deck brought out real PMGs in Retro. Prices are high because TC did so well last year. If the HRXs did better, it would still be worth the chase but they are goign for $215 for a Kyrie Irving this year which is pathetic. IMO those should go for like $500 I own 2 of last years including the Kobe Auto and the cards are sick!

But I have to say this about Panini, I don't think they don't care about the customer. I have heard horror stories about Upper Deck and how their company is basically a big con, there are many posts here on this forum about how they are goign bankrupt because of these practices. Topps is fine and has a good prodcut but I guess we didn't buy enough Topps because they don't want the license.

Panini though for all their crap products does try to be innovative. Certified was a good idea last year, the HRXs were cool, National Treasures is great, Preferred was a ripoff but the big hits are awesome and their staple products like R&S, Prestige, etc. are always nice and can be found around $75-85 a box. Furthermore, they have a regularly updated blog where you can actually talk to a rep.

So I don't think we should totally sh!t on Panini. If we all feel this strongly about their crap products, we have a way to tell them and if we all stop buying at MAPP prices, they'll have to change.

P.S. Prism looks awesome, I don't care what anyone says!