Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   Who has sent a damaged card to Panini? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/406322-who-has-sent-damaged-card-panini.html)

Yaga 11-29-2012 09:09 PM

Who has sent a damaged card to Panini?

Just pulled a Deron Williams Team USA Gold refractor #/10 from the new Prizm set, which was pretty cool.

But the thing is, it's got a few scratches on it, and they're definitely visible. I've never sent in a damaged card, so I wasn't too sure how it works. I sent them an email, and was checking around the site to see if I have any options. It says you can send them in, but that a replacement isn't guaranteed.

Just wondering if anyone has sent in a damaged card, and what kind of luck have you had? Did you get the same one back? I am not sure if it's worth it, especially since I'll have to pay to register and track it, which is like $15 from Canada. But I have a feeling that these gold ones are pretty valuable, and the scratches make a big difference in my opinion.

Thanks!

kpark 11-29-2012 09:25 PM

I pulled open a few boxes of 2010-11 Black box and pulled two Cedric Maxwell(fail) and also noticed that both Maxwell had foil peeling on the left edge. I sent both of them in separately with the wrapper they came in after I opened a ticket on panini. I think they took about a month to respond. They didn't honor mine just because it had been over a year since the product came out. But for yours, I am sure they will be able to replace such a thing. You'll just have to wait a while for them to respond. If they can't replace, my understanding is that they will bubble mail the original back to you, as they did for me.

Mcpug 11-29-2012 10:26 PM

I pulled a Tracy McGrady auto /8 from elite black box that was dinged up pretty bad. I sent it in and asked for the same card back, just in better condition, and if they couldnt do that then to just send me the original back as I liked the card. They didnt respond for about 10 months then sent me a tony parker auto from 09-10 threads /25. I called to complain that I had bought a higher end (sort of) product and was numbered /8 and they sent me a card from a low end product and was numbered /25 and the guy was a jerk and said I could send back the card but he would send me something worse back. I hate them.

samuel1219 11-29-2012 10:38 PM

I pulled a Kobe gu insert from the 2010-11 gold standard /199 with foil peeling they replace it for the same card, it took almost a year to hear from them after contacting them 3-4 times. Your card should bring some $$$ so I'll definitely spend the $15 shipping. There's one on ebay with a BIN 199.99 w/ 3 offers.

crazymj 11-29-2012 10:39 PM

Sounds like its not worth it to send it in lol. Especially if its couple scratches and not something major.

DeRozan#1Fan 11-30-2012 06:40 AM

Sent in an Absolute Jumbo Jersey Rookie Auto /5 of James Harden because of damage to the jersey window which came out of the pack that way. In about 2 months they sent me a replacement Mint copy - same serial number.

pnft17 11-30-2012 07:49 AM

Just about every card has a few scratches.
Sure they would just send it right back to you.

dasiegel 11-30-2012 11:03 AM

I had a John Wall HRX that kept separating, they replaced it with a better one but it took a few months and I was up their a$$! I just pulled a Kenneth Faried Auto Prizm parallel and the prizm part has some minor defects that I am thinbking about havign themk replace, but especially with an auto, this could take forever and its such a nice hit with the way "the Manimal" has been playing i don't want to take the risk of them sendign a replacement card of someone worse. So my opinion is, think before you act, but non-autos shouldn't be a problem.

Yaga 11-30-2012 12:53 PM

Got a response from Panini already, and they advised that they don't have their damaged replacement supply available yet (since Prizm just came out), and to check back in a couple of weeks.

Good customer service with the quick response!! :)

xavieronly1 11-30-2012 01:46 PM

[QUOTE=Yaga;3728320]Got a response from Panini already, and they advised that they don't have their damaged replacement supply available yet (since Prizm just came out), and to check back in a couple of weeks.

Good customer service with the quick response!! :)[/QUOTE]

This doesn't make sense. They don't print just 10 copies of these gold. They print more than 10 copies, and pick only 10 of them to put the "/10" stamp.

I just think they don't want you to ship the card for replacement.