Blowout Cards Forums
Start Your Reign of Domination Now with GetTheMachine.com!

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Who has sent a damaged card to Panini?

Just pulled a Deron Williams Team USA Gold refractor #/10 from the new Prizm set, which was pretty cool.

But the thing is, it's got a few scratches on it, and they're definitely visible. I've never sent in a damaged card, so I wasn't too sure how it works. I sent them an email, and was checking around the site to see if I have any options. It says you can send them in, but that a replacement isn't guaranteed.

Just wondering if anyone has sent in a damaged card, and what kind of luck have you had? Did you get the same one back? I am not sure if it's worth it, especially since I'll have to pay to register and track it, which is like $15 from Canada. But I have a feeling that these gold ones are pretty valuable, and the scratches make a big difference in my opinion.

Thanks!
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

I pulled open a few boxes of 2010-11 Black box and pulled two Cedric Maxwell(fail) and also noticed that both Maxwell had foil peeling on the left edge. I sent both of them in separately with the wrapper they came in after I opened a ticket on panini. I think they took about a month to respond. They didn't honor mine just because it had been over a year since the product came out. But for yours, I am sure they will be able to replace such a thing. You'll just have to wait a while for them to respond. If they can't replace, my understanding is that they will bubble mail the original back to you, as they did for me.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

I pulled a Tracy McGrady auto /8 from elite black box that was dinged up pretty bad. I sent it in and asked for the same card back, just in better condition, and if they couldnt do that then to just send me the original back as I liked the card. They didnt respond for about 10 months then sent me a tony parker auto from 09-10 threads /25. I called to complain that I had bought a higher end (sort of) product and was numbered /8 and they sent me a card from a low end product and was numbered /25 and the guy was a jerk and said I could send back the card but he would send me something worse back. I hate them.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

I pulled a Kobe gu insert from the 2010-11 gold standard /199 with foil peeling they replace it for the same card, it took almost a year to hear from them after contacting them 3-4 times. Your card should bring some $$$ so I'll definitely spend the $15 shipping. There's one on ebay with a BIN 199.99 w/ 3 offers.
samuel1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Sounds like its not worth it to send it in lol. Especially if its couple scratches and not something major.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:40 AM   #6 (permalink)

Sent in an Absolute Jumbo Jersey Rookie Auto /5 of James Harden because of damage to the jersey window which came out of the pack that way. In about 2 months they sent me a replacement Mint copy - same serial number.
DeRozan#1Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Just about every card has a few scratches.
Sure they would just send it right back to you.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM   #8 (permalink)

I had a John Wall HRX that kept separating, they replaced it with a better one but it took a few months and I was up their a$$! I just pulled a Kenneth Faried Auto Prizm parallel and the prizm part has some minor defects that I am thinbking about havign themk replace, but especially with an auto, this could take forever and its such a nice hit with the way "the Manimal" has been playing i don't want to take the risk of them sendign a replacement card of someone worse. So my opinion is, think before you act, but non-autos shouldn't be a problem.
Baseball for sale http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball-singles-buy-sell-trade/764943-fs-end-summer-sale-chrome-prospects-autos-color.html 13-14 NT FOR SALE http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball-singles-buy-sell-trade/763130-fs-my-nt-2-box-break-sale-thread.html
dasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)

Got a response from Panini already, and they advised that they don't have their damaged replacement supply available yet (since Prizm just came out), and to check back in a couple of weeks.

Good customer service with the quick response!!
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaga View Post
Got a response from Panini already, and they advised that they don't have their damaged replacement supply available yet (since Prizm just came out), and to check back in a couple of weeks.

Good customer service with the quick response!!
This doesn't make sense. They don't print just 10 copies of these gold. They print more than 10 copies, and pick only 10 of them to put the "/10" stamp.

I just think they don't want you to ship the card for replacement.
xavieronly1 is online now   Reply With Quote