Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #51 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by scqg View Post
i wonder how this decision affects betting odds. lol.
big time
hairytrojan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:29 PM   #52 (permalink)

Stern is an idiot, plain and simple. For him to sanction the Spurs for their actions is an absolute joke. Like someone else had mentioned, if they were playing the Wizards , then Stern wouldn't give a rat's behind.
slugger22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #53 (permalink)

i honestly can't believe people have an issue with this...especially non spurs fans. pop is one of the best coaches of our generation, he knows what is best for his team i have to imagine. he's been doing this for years...
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:39 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
i honestly can't believe people have an issue with this...especially non spurs fans. pop is one of the best coaches of our generation, he knows what is best for his team i have to imagine. he's been doing this for years...
now think about Woodson sitting Melo, Chandler, Stoudemire, and Felton against the heat
Old 11-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #55 (permalink)
GA0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
now think about Woodson sitting Melo, Chandler, Stoudemire, and Felton against the heat
Melo-28
Chandler-30
STAT-30
Felton-28

vs.

Duncan-36
Manu-35
Parker-30

There seems to be a difference in situation, not sure what it is though. After Pop winning multiple championships as a head coach, I guess he has no idea of what he's doing.

KD 2 Wiz 2016??
GA0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA0 View Post
Melo-28
Chandler-30
STAT-30
Felton-28

vs.

Duncan-36
Manu-35
Parker-30

There seems to be a difference in situation, not sure what it is though. After Pop winning multiple championships as a head coach, I guess he has no idea of what he's doing.
You left out Danny Green... 25
Old 11-29-2012, 11:59 PM   #57 (permalink)
GA0

Quote:
You left out Danny Green... 25
I actaully have no idea why he was sent home LOL. The other three, Manu and Duncan especially, it's easy to see why though.

KD 2 Wiz 2016??
GA0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
if woodson thought it was best, and we were GOING to be a top seed in the playoffs i wouldn't care at all. woodson doesn't have the luxury of being able to do that.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:24 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
if woodson had set melo in the milwaukee game after he played 50 minutes in brooklyn, i dont see what the problem would have been? It's a regular season game. There are no rules against it. There are 82 games in a year, chances are sitting them out through 6-7 games as he does EVERY YEAR wont make that big of a difference on making the playoffs or not making the playoffs. If he was that worried about seeding he would play them. But they played alot of games in a short stretch. I dont see why there are three pages of people arguing over this?
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #60 (permalink)

just saw ticket prices on espn, 15 bucks more per seat (orange seats) no idea where those are but $70 bucks a ticket, $15 more then against Brooklyn

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:46 AM   #61 (permalink)

OP - Is Mario Chalmers still a top 5 point guard in your opinion? lol...
Old 11-30-2012, 02:22 AM   #62 (permalink)

Pop has one job, win championships. It's not his job to please tv audience or make sure paid ticket attendees get their moneys worth.

David Stern is just butt hurt, I don't think he has anyway of justifying any kind of disciplinary action against the Spurs. If they wanna change a rule where you can't do that, fine, knowing Pop not giving a #@#@#@#@ he would play em for the first minute and bench em.

Pop is one of the most decorated coaches in NBA history for a reason
Devi8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:44 AM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
The Spurs Heat game could have been a Finals preview.. and in the very least.. would have been a marquee game for the League on an otherwise bland sports night.

This was bad enough that David Stern has already come out and said he plans to sanction the spurs for this... so you know he's pissed.

IMO it's pathetic. If this were March, or even January.. that would be one thing.. but this is what, game 15 for them? Just unbelievable.

BTW... in case you were locked in a closet today.. the Spurs sent Duncan, Parker, Ginolbilil, and Green home instead of dressing them against the Heat. He Cited age and health as the reasons

It doesnt bug me. I understand it sucks for the fan to not be able to see "there" team play a big game or on the other side have a worthy opponent that evening but coach knows best.

If he feels his old guys need a rest maybe before an upcomming cirtical stretch of games again (IDK there schedule but maybe?) then he is the one that has taken them to the championship game before and deep into the playoffs year in and year out.

I understand both sides of it though. But, really seems that he should be able to run his team as he feels fit to be successful.

How bout the bone-head move to toss Humphries out of that Brooklyn-Boston game guys? I watched the replay a few times over and it looked to be just a somewhat hard foul on KG and had no intention of harming him or dragging him down. I thought he fouled him and kept his hand on KG to make sure he didnt get the "and one", turned his back to watch the ball while NOT FOCUSING ON GARNETT AS IF HE MIGHT TAKE HIM DOWN OR SHOVE HIM and KG either lost his balance or SOLD the push or faked it.

Then KG gets up in his face along with Rhondo shoving Humphries and picking the fight. Im not a Brooklyn fan by any means but that was REDICULOUS to throw him out as well. Should have been Rhondo ejected and both Wallace and Garnett T'd up for the extra skirmish and Wallace tossed for fighting. All though I couldnt see how involved KG was in the fight or retaliation? Dont think he got too much into it therfore a technical at most for his involvement.

Seems like they went overboard and really tried to take it to the Nets and getting too carried away with a common foul that in my eyes was nothing more.

Last edited by Trueduckfan; 11-30-2012 at 02:52 AM.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:50 AM   #64 (permalink)

As a Spurs fan, I have no problems with it at all!

However, if I was a Spurs fan that lived in Miami and went to the game, I would most likely be disappointed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA0 View Post
I actaully have no idea why he was sent home LOL. The other three, Manu and Duncan especially, it's easy to see why though.
Because once he sent the other 3 home, he had pretty much guaranteed a loss, so why not give the non starters the minutes and Green a rest!
Old 11-30-2012, 03:28 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scqg View Post
i wonder how this decision affects betting odds. lol.
Went from Heat -6 to Heat -12. They covered neither,
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:36 AM   #66 (permalink)

sitting the players would help the team,but its just unfair to the fans.
S.Gallagherfan6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #67 (permalink)
Banned

I have no problem with pop resting players but anyone who thinks he didn't do this on purpose for this specific game and it was all about players needing rest is very naive.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:48 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
the heat aren't trying in this game.. I watch every minute of every game.. they haven't really "turned it on" in awhile
Why is Stern not punishing Miami for not trying then? Same as the Spurs sitting their guys. They are just upfront about it.
indyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #69 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

F David Stern. Now he thinks he can dictate player personnel on a particular team as well as coaching.. He is such a jackhokle. I can tell you one thing the Spurs players enjoyed the day off with their family and it will benefit them.

There is a part of me that hopes this was premeditated for the tnt game to give the middle finger at Stern and the scheduling. I would not call those people naive who think that with 100% certainty for pop would be the guy. In fact to think he would not is showing a little naivety

edit the only reason Stern is mad is because it shows how flawed the system is
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)

Last edited by wheeler281; 11-30-2012 at 10:25 AM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:42 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Really? Imagine the New England Patriots sitting Tom Brady, Wes Welker, Vince Wilfork, and Patrick Chung in a week 2 game against the Giants.. that would be about the equivilant
Did you just compare a 16 game season to an 82 game season?

Bright one you are not I see - Yoda.

Last edited by BostonNut; 11-30-2012 at 10:45 AM.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #71 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

David Stern is so pissed at the Washington Nationals right now...
asujbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #72 (permalink)

It is funny how David Stern handles conflict of interest. He wants TV rating. Pop wants Championship. Most league players play for next big contracts or some NBA individual records.

Cut NBA to 40 games, and see if there are teams willing to give up games in early season OR just ban Spurs to have any national TV game.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 AM   #73 (permalink)

I love this move for various reasons and no one should tell a coach who to play. The next move from there is Stern dictating who is allowed to take the games final shot because its what the fans want.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #74 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
I love this move for various reasons and no one should tell a coach who to play. The next move from there is Stern dictating who is allowed to take the games final shot because its what the fans want.
Over exaggerate much?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #75 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Pop did it more to send a big FU to Stern

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote