Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #101 (permalink)

That is pretty high. I can't believe they actually fined them. So $50,000 per person basically.

Photobucket:http://s662.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hof_collector_15/profile/
HOF_Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:24 PM   #102 (permalink)

Stern is a complete joke.

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 06:32 PM   #103 (permalink)

let me start off by saying, i havent read much of this thread.

IMO, stern has every right to be mad. im not a big fan of stern or anything (the lockout, vetoing trades, when the new ball was introduced a few years back, shady lottery results, etc.), but this time, he's got it right. i dont look at it from coach pop or the spurs organization's perspective.. i look at it from the fan's perspective. if i lived in the miami area and bought tickets to go watch as a duncan/manu/parker fan, i would be furious. even if i lived in alaska and was a fan of the nba in general but not of spurs/heat, i'd still be pissed. the fans are the most important part of the game. the players already make millions from revenue generated by FANS from attendance, merchandise, signings, tv deals, shoe deals, etc, so they owe it to the fans to give 100% every night, ESPECIALLY when it's on primetime television against the defending champs.

i realize that nba stars rest and nfl players and mlb players do the same when they have playoff seeds locked up, but this is november! stern is right to apologize to the fans and reprimand the spurs organization. the last thing you want to do is give the message across the league that it's acceptable to not put your best product out on the court and alienate the fans (less than a year after a lockout, no less)
Old 11-30-2012, 06:55 PM   #104 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
The Spurs were already missing Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Jackson - the 2 defenders that would have landed the Job in Lebron.

They had a hectic schedule against a reigning champ team with 5 days rest up their sleeve, in the Champ's home court.

The whole game was against the Spurs before they even flew in!

So thy decide to accept this game as a loss and send the starters home for rest, but more importantly, to give the Bench some big minutes and responsibility!

I feel sorry for any Spurs fans that went to the game, but tibia the nature of the beast. If they rest players now, perhaps they won't need as much later?

But seriously, put your torches and pitchforks away Heat fans! It isn't a conspiracy,
Pop didn't do it to upset Stern or anyone else, but when that thought crossed his mind, it wouldn't have changed it!

If Stern even tries a penalty for it, then it is a joke!!!
I don't think you can say this. Pop is known for this type of sarcasm or mockery especially to stern

And why does everyone think its just heat fans complaining?

Now That is ridiculous.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:49 AM   #105 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

POP is an ass, end of story.

His methods haven't worked for the past two years, why would it work now? Stupid to play Orlando with all your stars, then sit out against Miami.

To be the best you have to beat the best. He ran from the challenge.

He's just a miserable old man.

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:02 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post

His methods haven't worked for the past two years, why would it work now? Stupid to play Orlando with all your stars, then sit out against Miami.

Another marvelous piece of insight from the biggest basketball brain around!

4 rings say he is not miserable mate! Possibly the second best coach of all time, but YOU are right, his methods don't work!

Good one genius
Old 12-01-2012, 04:08 AM   #107 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Another marvelous piece of insight from the biggest basketball brain around!

4 rings say he is not miserable mate! Possibly the second best coach of all time, but YOU are right, his methods don't work!

Good one genius
Dude get a life, you are here to go against certain people on the forums and always defend Panini crap products.

Sky is BLUE, now go disagree. Act mature and talk basketball instead of bashing members and their HONEST opinions

No doubt that Pop is a good coach, a great one. But the fact is his methods are old and not working! The Spurs aren't winning anytime soon because of it, 5 years and counting.

!

Last edited by tristan20; 12-01-2012 at 04:15 AM.
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:47 AM   #108 (permalink)

Quote:
Dude get a life, you are here to go against certain people on the forums and always defend Panini crap products.

Sky is BLUE, now go disagree. Act mature and talk basketball instead of bashing members and their HONEST opinions

No doubt that Pop is a good coach, a great one. But the fact is his methods are old and not working! The Spurs aren't winning anytime soon because of it, 5 years and counting.
Yeah, ok!

You come into threads and post comments like "Pop is an Ass" and "Kevin Durant" sucks, purely to get a rise, yet you still expect to be taken seriously?? Wake up mate!

Clearly he has a winnin system, so stop acting like you know better!
Old 12-01-2012, 06:45 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:

Reading this argument in a topic involving the Heat is laughable...

Looking for: Nick Tropeano (Astros), Kyle Smith (Royals/Astros)
poppudaimadochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:24 AM   #110 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppudaimadochi View Post
Reading this argument in a topic involving the Heat is laughable...
uh there is a team that is the defending champion. they are the best. oh wait thats the heat. haha
Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #111 (permalink)

Why doesn't David Stern ever fine Miami?

According to all of Miami's fans the reason why they lose/play poor is because they are not interested in the games. To me that is just as big as an issue as what the Spurs did.

I mean if I'm shelling out that kind of money I want to see all of the Heat players giving their 100% effort. David Stern needs to look into this...
Old 12-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #112 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Why doesn't David Stern ever fine Miami?

According to all of Miami's fans the reason why they lose/play poor is because they are not interested in the games. To me that is just as big as an issue as what the Spurs did.

I mean if I'm shelling out that kind of money I want to see all of the Heat players giving their 100% effort. David Stern needs to look into this...
What does Miami have to do with this? nothing really just a troll trying to start some flaming...

its not going to work.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
uh there is a team that is the defending champion. they are the best. oh wait thats the heat. haha
To be the best, LeBron didn't beat the best, he joined them. I wasn't disputing who the current NBA champion is, just the comical use of such a statement in relation to the Heat.

Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #114 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
To be the best, LeBron didn't beat the best, he joined them. I wasn't disputing who the current NBA champion is, just the comical use of such a statement in relation to the Heat.
the the heat were the best before lebron went? really?

haha the heat beat the second best team last year in the finals. that makes them the first best team. its quite simple but spin it how you want just so you can hate on the heat. its the cool thing to do
Old 12-01-2012, 06:00 PM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
the the heat were the best before lebron went? really?

haha the heat beat the second best team last year in the finals. that makes them the first best team. its quite simple but spin it how you want just so you can hate on the heat. its the cool thing to do
Keep pretending you don't understand: LeBron joined forces with Wade and Bosh, rather than having to face them. It's not the cool thing to do, it's not spinning it, it's facts. Same thing for DH12 going to the Lakers.

Back on topic: the league better be consistent for the rest of the season regarding this kind of fine, and punish any team that will rest their starters for the playoffs if the game is nationally televised. Otherwise the NBA will turn into the WWE.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #116 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Keep pretending you don't understand: LeBron joined forces with Wade and Bosh, rather than having to face them. It's not the cool thing to do, it's not spinning it, it's facts. Same thing for DH12 going to the Lakers.

Back on topic: the league better be consistent for the rest of the season regarding this kind of fine, and punish any team that will rest their starters for the playoffs if the game is nationally televised. Otherwise the NBA will turn into the WWE.
Thats called how free agency works in the NBA.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:37 PM   #117 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
the heat aren't trying in this game.. I watch every minute of every game.. they haven't really "turned it on" in awhile
So is it a bigger waste of money to watch the stars half-ass it or the scrubs play hard?