Blowout Cards Forums
Re-Pack Attack

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Kentucky loses third game of the season already, Duke, ND, now Baylor

Maybe just a tad overrated to be #8 in the country with pretty much all freshmen?
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

happy to see UK lose honestly. def overrated
Old 12-01-2012, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

they have 3 good players and no bench. i'd be surprised if they make it past the 2nd round this year.
patchgenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Cheaters don't win all the time . Alright, I'm only joking and that was uncalled for. I think they will get better as the season progresses but I do not see them winning it all.
BsHaDy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Just wait until they hit that brutal SEC schedule and peel off about 10 in a row. The Big Blue Blind will be out in force then!

Seriously though, they will breeze through their conference schedule due to how weak it is, with the exception of Florida possibly. Might lose if they play at Missouri also. But yeah, I don't see them making a deep run. They just don't have that one go to player like Davis last year. And no bench at all.

Plus Cal is a cheater. Sorry...have to put that in every post I make regarding the Cayuts.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

5 new starters....it's going to be ugly until conference play starts. The team with Brandon Knight went through this all the way up to March.

At this point my only real gripe is that we've got a couple guys playing extremely soft. I don't mind the stupid turnovers or not hitting open shots, that stuff happens with young players, but to play soft is unacceptable. Looking at you Alex Poythress and Kyle Wiltjer.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
Just wait until they hit that brutal SEC schedule and peel off about 10 in a row. The Big Blue Blind will be out in force then!

Seriously though, they will breeze through their conference schedule due to how weak it is, with the exception of Florida possibly. Might lose if they play at Missouri also. But yeah, I don't see them making a deep run. They just don't have that one go to player like Davis last year. And no bench at all.

Plus Cal is a cheater. Sorry...have to put that in every post I make regarding the Cayuts.
Im not so sure they breeze thru the sec this year. As soft as it usually is this Uk team lacks everything Cal has had his last three years, true Guard play and some quality sophomores. With that said the Cardinals are making me nervous as well

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Old 12-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post
5 new starters....it's going to be ugly until conference play starts. The team with Brandon Knight went through this all the way up to March.

At this point my only real gripe is that we've got a couple guys playing extremely soft. I don't mind the stupid turnovers or not hitting open shots, that stuff happens with young players, but to play soft is unacceptable. Looking at you Alex Poythress and Kyle Wiltjer.
Yup. I agree. It was so hard to watch the last two games. Hopefully they will keep getting better as the season goes on.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Kentucky is going through what we did at UNC in 2009 after losing everybody to the NBA, and a little bit this year although we had more players return this season than they did. Sure they lost the #1 and #2 picks but they also lost a decent pg, which they dont have now. They lost a guy in Lamb who would knockdown threes, which I dont see on their current team besides Archie and they lost a senior leader in Darius Miller.

Heres my SCA with stuff FT or FS
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:36 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

I guess what makes it feel a little better to UK fans is knowing they have an absolutely ridiculous class that could get even better if they get Wiggins.

Heres my SCA with stuff FT or FS
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger1980 View Post
Im not so sure they breeze thru the sec this year. As soft as it usually is this Uk team lacks everything Cal has had his last three years, true Guard play and some quality sophomores. With that said the Cardinals are making me nervous as well
Yep, looked awful today. ISU is a tourney team probably, but still should have beat them by 15. Gorgui being out will hit us hard, Behanan needs to toughen up. SVT is my kind of player underneath, not afraid to hit the deck or bleed a little for a loose ball.

KCCO!!
timfsu2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:53 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfsu2k View Post
Yep, looked awful today. ISU is a tourney team probably, but still should have beat them by 15. Gorgui being out will hit us hard, Behanan needs to toughen up. SVT is my kind of player underneath, not afraid to hit the deck or bleed a little for a loose ball.
Yea Dieng really hurts, but we know we still have to much talent to have to win like that at home. Blackshear and Hancock have got to step it up (to me Hancock other then the Mizzu game has been a let down)I hate to say this but we miss Marra (I thought i would never say that)

Always looking for vintage sports cards of any sport and auto memorabilia at a good price of course
bigroger1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Unranked for the first time with Coach Cal.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsHaDy View Post
Cheaters don't win all the time . Alright, I'm only joking and that was uncalled for. I think they will get better as the season progresses but I do not see them winning it all.
How are they cheaters? The players choose to go there, no one forces them to.
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:

Yeah and doesn't help that Goodwin plays out of control. He's talented, will get even better as the season progresses, but he's no floor general so far that's for sure. That and getting out banged on the offensive boards has killed them, so has not having as many guys who can knock down the 3 like we had last year. See, I don't expect much more from Wiltjer other then being able to stand out on the arc and knock down 3s as rather limited athletically.

It's ok, unlike many programs, if we don't do it this year, we don't rebuild, we just reload
justdagoodstuff is offline   Reply With Quote