Blowout Cards Forums
Draft Kings

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 03:01 PM   #26 (permalink)

@$100 a box this is a steal.
Then select is $140/ box another great product of panini with the black prizm would be the chase.

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMetcalf21 View Post
Great product, but due to the MAPP, no one is busting it. Scraps listed on ebay daily but no volume.
I feel like everyone is breakign this stuff left and right, am I missing something check all these posts, check ebay?
Old 12-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I feel like everyone is breakign this stuff left and right, am I missing something check all these posts, check ebay?
Forget ebay. IM willing to bet the Box break section has atleast 30 cases broken thus far by members only.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
While I agree with the consumer having the choice and making that decision, what do you do when it comes to UD then?

This year from UD..

Retro : $300-$500/box
Exquisite: $500-$800/box
All Time Greats: $350/tin (1 auto)

And the topic of this thread is Affordable? I dont know, $100 doesnt seem like a reach for a box filled with chase, 2 autos on average and paralells. Seems like a more affordable product compare to $100/card packs that resell for $12.
Regarding UD, you can't blame them for the crazy high prices that some of the boxes were bringing. Their direct cost was low and some products like Retro just took off. Here are the numbers:

Retro: Direct cost was only $150/box. This had an estimated MSRP of $200/box.

Exquisite Basketball: It's always $500-$600/box when it is first released. The direct cost is $432/box, so retail was meant to be $550/box

ATG: Direct cost is about $240/box, so it should retail at around $300/box.

Upper Deck needs to charge more because most of their products are filled with quality names for the autographs. There are high end products like UD makes and average products like the typical $100/box Panini product. UD caters to more of the high end collector for basketball.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:58 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
Regarding UD, you can't blame them for the crazy high prices that some of the boxes were bringing. Their direct cost was low and some products like Retro just took off. Here are the numbers:

Retro: Direct cost was only $150/box. This had an estimated MSRP of $200/box.

Exquisite Basketball: It's always $500-$600/box when it is first released. The direct cost is $432/box, so retail was meant to be $550/box

ATG: Direct cost is about $240/box, so it should retail at around $300/box.

Upper Deck needs to charge more because most of their products are filled with quality names for the autographs. There are high end products like UD makes and average products like the typical $100/box Panini product. UD caters to more of the high end collector for basketball.
Then we agree that Prizm is not out of line budget wise? The thread is complaining that Prizm is not affordable lol. At $100 it seems in line with budgets the way people are cracking.

I agree all the UD stuff is high end. But its short of being value filled as well. Just check out sizzlers break on his 15 tins. Thats a tough pill to swallow at 1 auto for $300.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Then we agree that Prizm is not out of line budget wise? The thread is complaining that Prizm is not affordable lol. At $100 it seems in line with budgets the way people are cracking.

I agree all the UD stuff is high end. But its short of being value filled as well. Just check out sizzlers break on his 15 tins. Thats a tough pill to swallow at 1 auto for $300.
We definitely agree that Prizm is a well priced product at $100/box. The ATG multisport product is rough. There are very few guys in the checklist that will sell for more than the box price.
Old 12-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
We definitely agree that Prizm is a well priced product at $100/box. The ATG multisport product is rough. There are very few guys in the checklist that will sell for more than the box price.
Im hoping to pick a few Hogans for less than box prices lol.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #33 (permalink)

My assesment is it should be 80 a box. Id feel comfortable losing money at that rate.

and basically, it should be 80 because my local is getting me a case and charging me 1050 so that tells you right there he is getting it around 900 or so probably.

Exquisite lol, thats another story, and the greats of the game stuff, your going to lose your ass on 5 of every 6 boxes.

Yeah after watching the Greats breaks I dont have too much a problem paying 100 a box on prizm, lol.
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #34 (permalink)

Prizm is fair at 1200 a case, I just dont like this MAPP stuff. Its my new least favorite 4 letter word.

I guess I miss the chance of doing research and getting a few cases out the gate early pre-sale at maybe 900-1k, you just dont have the opportunity as a normal dude with MAPP involved.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:45 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMetcalf21 View Post
Prizm is fair at 1200 a case, I just dont like this MAPP stuff. Its my new least favorite 4 letter word.

I guess I miss the chance of doing research and getting a few cases out the gate early pre-sale at maybe 900-1k, you just dont have the opportunity as a normal dude with MAPP involved.
Your 2 posts above confuse me. The first one says Prizm should be $80. This one says its fair at $1200/case.

If a dealer orders direct it costs them $75/box or $900/case. So they are only making $25 per box when selling it at $100. And thats before any credit card fees. MAPP pricing is just there to prevent dealers from dumping product on Ebay a few days after release. It protects the businesses that are buying products from Panini direct.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #36 (permalink)

Is there any difference between the retail and hobby versions of the base set?
Hoopsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:53 PM   #37 (permalink)

Today my distributor is at $975 a case on Prizm... Panini is not sold out so they are able to continue to re-order.
cruiserdaddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:38 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Your 2 posts above confuse me. The first one says Prizm should be $80. This one says its fair at $1200/case.

If a dealer orders direct it costs them $75/box or $900/case. So they are only making $25 per box when selling it at $100. And thats before any credit card fees. MAPP pricing is just there to prevent dealers from dumping product on Ebay a few days after release. It protects the businesses that are buying products from Panini direct.
Sorry, To sum this up I really like the Prizm. I would like the die hards to have a chance of getting in cheap early. I dont know how to say it but I dont have as much fun opening a full retail purchase compared to one discounted. Maybe im weird but I enjoy the idea of getting the best price and less worry. To me if i lose around 300 or less on the case it was worth it and fun to me. Anything more just pisses me off to no end. Hence the reason I barely ever break cases. I work too hard for my money to just piss it away.

And as far as the 80/100 thing, I just mean there is alot of products that are worse for the 100 dollars.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Today my distributor is at $975 a case on Prizm... Panini is not sold out so they are able to continue to re-order.
I shoulda got 2 for 2100. But we will see how I do tomorrow on my 1 case coming, then maybe try again? haha.