Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
EricMetcalf21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,533
Default Sad prizm isnt really affordable

Great product, but due to the MAPP, no one is busting it. Scraps listed on ebay daily but no volume.
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
wadedaniel84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 5,096
Default

Call me a noob... But what is MAPP?
__________________
PC: PSA/DNA Slabbed Rookie Autograph Cards - All Sports - Total Slabs - 7
wadedaniel84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMetcalf21 View Post
Great product, but due to the MAPP, no one is busting it. Scraps listed on ebay daily but no volume.
Its funny Prizm is the first $100 box that is not affordable . All these idiots spent $2800 for a case of exquisite where you were lucky to get back $500 . Prizm you can get on average 2-3 golds rookies that actually sell and most cases have a irving ,durant,kobe,griffin auto .

I was in the hobby shop the other day and owner was complaining business is slow . Yup its slow you idiots you sold cases for $2800 and robbed the collectors or chasers

Last edited by pepsiporch; 12-05-2012 at 07:19 PM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
EricMetcalf21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,533
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Its funny Prizm is the first $100 box that is not affordable . All these idiots spent $2800 for a case of exquisite where you were lucky to get back $500 . Prizm you can get on average 2-3 golds rookies that actually sell and most cases have a irving ,durant,kobe,griffin auto .

I was in the hobby shop the other day and owner was complaining business is slow . Yup its slow you idiots you sold cases for $2800 and robbed the collectors or chasers
Yeah I got a case on the way, im just saying its not getting listedon ebay, Ive seen like 3 kyrie refractors in the past week, and no golds ever.

I like the stuff, did I find a way around paying 1200? Yes i did. lol
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
EricMetcalf21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,533
Default

Kobe Bryant 2012 13 Panini Prizm Kobe Insert Jersey on Card Auto SP 10 24 | eBay

Ooooooh what is that?
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

insert from the 1 anthology pack you get in every box?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,639
Default

it's not going to be but so many golds listed in the first place man they are /10

I know i'm breaking it, I've busted several boxes & listed them but i've yet to pull a gold. got a couple more boxes coming tommorrow.
__________________
Chrome & Acetate & Shiny Oh My!
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,975
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMetcalf21 View Post
That's from the Kobe Anthology pack that comes in every box of 2012-13 basketball.
Quigley24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
EricMetcalf21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,533
Default

Yeah I kinda figured, I didnt think anything was in those, very nice.
EricMetcalf21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 10,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Its funny Prizm is the first $100 box that is not affordable . All these idiots spent $2800 for a case of exquisite where you were lucky to get back $500 . Prizm you can get on average 2-3 golds rookies that actually sell and most cases have a irving ,durant,kobe,griffin auto .
You mean 350-500 or more back on a single guaranteed Jordan auto per case? Then the other cards you get in the case.

It's easy to take shots at Upper Deck, but it's also easy to overexaggerate a situation. Prizm is a nice looking product, but at 100 bucks a box, you're going to have to rely on selling a crapload of commons and base lots to try and get money back. The auto hits you get in each box will most likely be common or 'b' level stars from the 80's and 90's that won't get more than 10 bucks on ebay, if you're lucky.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
You mean 350-500 or more back on a single guaranteed Jordan auto per case? Then the other cards you get in the case.

It's easy to take shots at Upper Deck, but it's also easy to overexaggerate a situation. Prizm is a nice looking product, but at 100 bucks a box, you're going to have to rely on selling a crapload of commons and base lots to try and get money back. The auto hits you get in each box will most likely be common or 'b' level stars from the 80's and 90's that won't get more than 10 bucks on ebay, if you're lucky.
guaranteed golds and decent auto's in a case that will pay for most of a case the same way as the upper deck stuff would......

my last box I paid $100 on I sold singles/rcs and the auto's and made more than $100 back.

what's wrong with selling base for decent amounts because they set it up in a way you could sell them?

if you want to make money/bust boxes you have to learn how to do it and sell product in the way it's setup/designed to be sold.
__________________
Chrome & Acetate & Shiny Oh My!
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,728
Default

I'll be listing a TON over the next few days. I've busted plenty... If you're looking for anything in particular just send me a PM.
__________________
.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:31 AM   #13 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
You mean 350-500 or more back on a single guaranteed Jordan auto per case? Then the other cards you get in the case.

It's easy to take shots at Upper Deck, but it's also easy to overexaggerate a situation. Prizm is a nice looking product, but at 100 bucks a box, you're going to have to rely on selling a crapload of commons and base lots to try and get money back. The auto hits you get in each box will most likely be common or 'b' level stars from the 80's and 90's that won't get more than 10 bucks on ebay, if you're lucky.
We'll have this chat as soon as Alex gives us numbers back on his 10 case break.

We then will compare it to a $2500 for 15 cards from Exquisite on an average case break.

So
15 cards from Exquisite $2500-$3000
vs
25-30 boxes of Prizm ($2500-$3k)

See how they pan out on flipping.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,728
Default

You're not making any money on 11-12 Exquisite unless you're getting it for 500 a box and pulling 2 Jordan's in a case.

At $2500 it's a brain dead buy.
__________________
.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

From those I have seen on eBay they are not all that great looking. I'll pick up one each of Manu, but you can have the rest.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Im looking for a full checklist of Prizm online. Anyone have a link to one. In Excel would be even better
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,728
Default

You should be able to pull the checklist from the Panini America website

Panini America, Inc.
__________________
.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Qwasian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central Virginia
Posts: 10,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
From those I have seen on eBay they are not all that great looking. I'll pick up one each of Manu, but you can have the rest.
the quality is pretty nice on them in hand, I really like them to be honest.
__________________
Chrome & Acetate & Shiny Oh My!
Qwasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,416
Default

2012-13 Panini Prizm Basketball Checklist, Set Info, Boxes and More
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post

I was in the hobby shop the other day and owner was complaining business is slow . Yup its slow you idiots you sold cases for $2800 and robbed the collectors or chasers
If you are a dealer and see that cases are selling between $2500-$3000 online, what's the issue with charging a similar price? If a price is lower online customers always want the shop to try and match a price. Shouldn't it work both ways? And don't forget, collectors and chasers do have a responsibility to know what they are purchasing. If you don't do a little research before spending $2500-3000 I really don't feel bad for you. If the market (ebay) is at $2500, a shop really isn't ripping anyone off by selling it at a similar price.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,416
Default

i the upcoming prizm football they have a black prizm 1/1 of everything. that would have been a pretty cool addition to NBA, adding a lot of value for gamblers.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
If you are a dealer and see that cases are selling between $2500-$3000 online, what's the issue with charging a similar price? If a price is lower online customers always want the shop to try and match a price. Shouldn't it work both ways? And don't forget, collectors and chasers do have a responsibility to know what they are purchasing. If you don't do a little research before spending $2500-3000 I really don't feel bad for you. If the market (ebay) is at $2500, a shop really isn't ripping anyone off by selling it at a similar price.
While I agree with the consumer having the choice and making that decision, what do you do when it comes to UD then?

This year from UD..

Retro : $300-$500/box
Exquisite: $500-$800/box
All Time Greats: $350/tin (1 auto)

And the topic of this thread is Affordable? I dont know, $100 doesnt seem like a reach for a box filled with chase, 2 autos on average and paralells. Seems like a more affordable product compare to $100/card packs that resell for $12.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil View Post
i the upcoming prizm football they have a black prizm 1/1 of everything. that would have been a pretty cool addition to NBA, adding a lot of value for gamblers.
Im willing to bet Prizm basketball evolves into more chases like 1/1 next year if they feel the product was a hit and part of the line up for future products.

Trial & Error!! This is how brands start to evolve into a staple. Its work in progress.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:04 PM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 9,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwasian View Post
the quality is pretty nice on them in hand, I really like them to be honest.
I haven't owned any yet.

What is the base card parallel breakdown?
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:27 PM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
wesnilevirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,453
Default

I think these cards are great, the price point is not too far off from where it should be. Because of the rarity of the golds (1-2 per case in my three case break) and even the refractors, the singles should hold value. I would not be surprised if, 5 years down the line, these end up being $150-200 a box.
wesnilevirus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.