Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 AM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
phil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rauchand View Post
or once the buzz dies down a lillard can be had for $500 or less??


or if he tears his ACL $50 or less
phil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:20 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,716
Default

2012 13 Panini Prizm Gold Andre Drummond RC 05 10 | eBay

puregreen ?

nice buy ?
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
thepinoymamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,945
Default

Wow... prizm is really golden...
__________________


Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:37 AM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,999
Default

Not sure. Seems good compared to what Lillard is going for

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
rauchand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:05 AM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
thepinoymamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,945
Default

$$$$ lilard
__________________


Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,077
Default

Drummond is a beast, not sure if hes a $650 beast
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #57 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post

Nope, it wasn't me! I wouldn't have paid over $400.00 for the card (though I love Drummond as a prospect) when I have my Enes Katner on its way (bought it for only $57.00 and he had 18 points and 8 rebounds tonight, plus the win!) I'll take the Kanter for 1/12th the price of the Drummond, its not like Kanter is 1/12th the prospect that Drummond is (I'd say hes 1/2 as good as Drummond will become)

P.S. had a chance to buy that Kobe for $399.99 (saw the BIN on EBAY and didn't click it! Dang it!), what a huge mistake on my part! Whatever though, b/c I'm not a Kobe fan or collector (though I respect him as a player, but who wouldn't want/take a $700.00-$800.00 instant flip, if its there for the taking and legal?.....)

cheers, puregreen5

Last edited by puregreen5; 12-08-2012 at 01:56 AM.
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:11 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by puregreen5 View Post
Nope, it wasn't me! I wouldn't have paid over $400.00 for the card (though I love Drummond as a prospect) when I have my Enes Katner on its way (bought it for only $57.00 and he had 18 points and 8 rebounds tonight, plus the win!) I'll take the Kanter for 1/12th the price of the Drummond, its not like Kanter is 1/12th the prospect that Drummond is (I'd say hes 1/2 as good as Drummond will become)

P.S. had a chance to buy that Kobe for $399.99 (saw the BIN on EBAY and didn't click it! Dang it!), what a huge mistake on my part! Whatever though, b/c I'm not a Kobe fan or collector (though I respect him as a player, but who wouldn't want/take a $700.00-$800.00 instant flip, if its there for the taking and legal?.....)

cheers, puregreen5
If i saw it would go to 400 also no more than that though
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:49 AM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,999
Default

These keep going up. $650 could be a decent buy. I mean Lillard is going for 2K. Yeah he's a guard, but that's still a huge difference
rauchand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #60 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,716
Default

I won a Drummond ref for $10 bucks a much better buy .

650 is steep
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:08 AM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
Dobber2330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Oswego, IL
Posts: 2,427
Default

Pricing thoughts on this one?? None have surfaced yet

Dobber2330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:11 AM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,999
Default

Prolly $30-50
rauchand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:10 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 600
Default

You know, I've been silent for quite some time now about recent products, mainly because I haven't been too impressed with whats been coming out recently. But as a person who has constantly criticized Panini on almost everything they do, I mean, I never bought into the Certified or Shillouette hype, (they just seemed like rip-off products of previous Fleer and UD brands) I have to say, Panini did a really great job in building a great "brand" for this product. Now, I haven't busted any boxes yet or bought any singles, so I really don't know how they look like in-hand, but just from the pictures I've seen, these look like they are Amazing. This has to be the first product in the last three years that really makes me want to go out and buy and bust a few boxes. This product has got me excited again and helps secure some hope in the Hobby.

What really gets me excited about this product, is that I think the brand and name itself could stand on it's own, it doesn't need to be called the next PMG or the next Exquisite, and even though it's already being compared to Topps Chrome, there is just something about this Prizm brand that feels different and NEW (which is something I've been dying to see). I mean, this product just feels really refreshing, without being gimmicky, like those video cards, Panini just kept it nice, simple and clean, and I really applaud them for that.

Long-term value, I think this product is gonna have a HUGE cult following in the future, much like like the late 90's inserts did. Mainly because, this product is like a diamond in a rough, since Panini has produced so many terrible products in the past, this product is like their one bright spot, that collectors will always want to collect in the future. And I'm gonna say it right now, years from now, this product is gonna have a much bigger following then UD Retro and it's re-print PMGs.

Overall, I'm happy that this product has become so successful, and for those people buying these Gold Prizm cards, I suggest hold onto to them, because I do feel they'll have a lot more value in the future.
jeebus_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 1,513
Default

got my Kanter in today (will scan latter!), Panini Prizm did a wayyyyyy better job with this product then Topps Chrome ever did! In the dark, you can see yourself in the card (its like a mirror with a gold frame). In the light these things refract enough that they could take Dorthy Gale, back to OZ! LOL! No one on EBAY has made these things look as good as they do in person (I hope my scanner does the card justice)!
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:07 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebus_86 View Post
You know, I've been silent for quite some time now about recent products, mainly because I haven't been too impressed with whats been coming out recently. But as a person who has constantly criticized Panini on almost everything they do, I mean, I never bought into the Certified or Shillouette hype, (they just seemed like rip-off products of previous Fleer and UD brands) I have to say, Panini did a really great job in building a great "brand" for this product. Now, I haven't busted any boxes yet or bought any singles, so I really don't know how they look like in-hand, but just from the pictures I've seen, these look like they are Amazing. This has to be the first product in the last three years that really makes me want to go out and buy and bust a few boxes. This product has got me excited again and helps secure some hope in the Hobby.

What really gets me excited about this product, is that I think the brand and name itself could stand on it's own, it doesn't need to be called the next PMG or the next Exquisite, and even though it's already being compared to Topps Chrome, there is just something about this Prizm brand that feels different and NEW (which is something I've been dying to see). I mean, this product just feels really refreshing, without being gimmicky, like those video cards, Panini just kept it nice, simple and clean, and I really applaud them for that.

Long-term value, I think this product is gonna have a HUGE cult following in the future, much like like the late 90's inserts did. Mainly because, this product is like a diamond in a rough, since Panini has produced so many terrible products in the past, this product is like their one bright spot, that collectors will always want to collect in the future. And I'm gonna say it right now, years from now, this product is gonna have a much bigger following then UD Retro and it's re-print PMGs.

Overall, I'm happy that this product has become so successful, and for those people buying these Gold Prizm cards, I suggest hold onto to them, because I do feel they'll have a lot more value in the future.
I agree, I never buy boxes myself but I like that look of these cards and bought a box from Chris at cards infinity. I hope to get it next week. I usually just get singles of what I want but excited to bust this one.
__________________
My Collection: www.KnightsCards.com

Twitter: KnightsCards
Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:53 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Posts: 1,999
Default

Kyrie just got listed at 4K, wow
rauchand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:03 AM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
pnft17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,044
Default

So for Prizm rainbow you would need 4 version? and autos just two.
Sure we will see a few posted soon
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:12 AM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
hearseguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Medical Lake, WA
Posts: 774
Default

For some reason the design reminds me of Topps Finest.
hearseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 AM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
crazymj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,355
Default

Anyone going to go for the GOLD Set? I would love to see that.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:23 AM   #70 (permalink)
Member
 
Malloy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 20
Default

Has any one seen a bill walton gold prizm yet?
Malloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:37 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
patchgenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 2,498
Default

lol at drummond's price.
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:19 AM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiserdaddy7 View Post
Lets be honest here... The base content of this stuff is brutal. The gold are selling FAR higher than any of us could have imagined. Basketball buyers make very little sense. Look at Totally Greens last year. This year nobody cares and last years have dropped. I still cant figure out why golds /10 are bringing such serious coin. I can openly and honestly admit I am shocked how high the /10's are selling. Happy?
These are the closest thing to Bowman/Topps Chrome Gold Refractors for basketball collectors. Add specific player collectors into the mix and you have a winning product.
__________________
UCLA Alumni - Class of 2002
Bruin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
CALVINXLIONSX81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
lol at drummond's price.
why do you say probably a top 5 player from the draft so far and has all the potential in the world to be a very good center, i say for the first one that showed up it isn't a bad price (Go ahead and call me a homer if you please)
__________________
Dream Card - Purchased!
Ziggy is the Ansah!
CALVINXLIONSX81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
patchgenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 2,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
why do you say probably a top 5 player from the draft so far and has all the potential in the world to be a very good center, i say for the first one that showed up it isn't a bad price (Go ahead and call me a homer if you please)
really? you'd pay 650 for an unproven rookie. you can get a harden exquisite for less than that. i saw him play in person in college and he wasnt this future superstar everyone on here makes him out to be. that is just my opinion though and maybe he will be a decent player in the future. i just cant justify the price.
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:04 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
dmogull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NY/NJ
Posts: 3,892
Default

let's revisit this thread in 6 months...
__________________
Currently looking for MJ Exquisite GU autos
dmogull is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.