Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 PM   #276 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Yes because my opinion is that Kobe is the GOAT. WHy cant you just live with it. If you said MJ was the GOAT or Kareem, or wilt or Magic was the GOAT, id accept it as your opinion !

Just cant understand why my opinion on who is the best upsets you soo much?

If I said Orange was the best colour in the world instead of blue, would you argue that as well?
Why do you bring up the color blue? That's just bringing in gibberish!! Please just tell me your opinion is bias, narrow minded, and not reasonable and I will leave you alone
Old 12-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #277 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Why do you bring up the color blue? That's just bringing in gibberish!! Please just tell me your opinion is bias, narrow minded, and not reasonable and I will leave you alone
Let me "Learn" you something. 100% of opinions are biased!! Thats what makes it an opinion.

Calling me narrow minded for my opinion is what makes you out to be a fool. You are taking jabs at me by calling me narrow minded for having an opinion. You dont see me calling you narrow minded for having your own opinion do you?

I chose kobe as GOAT. You can choose who ever you like!! That is your opinion!! Get it?

Just to help you out...

o·pin·ion [uh-pin-yuh n] Show IPA
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:59 PM   #278 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Did Jordan play with one of the most dominate players ever? Or even a player better then him?

You just made my point genius. Thanks!
LOL, you're not referring to Shaq as one of the most dominant players ever, are you?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #279 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kards View Post
LOL, you're not referring to Shaq as one of the most dominant players ever, are you?
If he isnt, I am.

Shaq - One of the most dominant players of all time
Pippen - One of the best wingman tandems of all time
Rodman - One of the best if not the best rebounder of all time

for all the old school wrestling fans out there.. "Every Brett hart had their Jim the "anvil" nineheart in their corner helping them to victory!"
Old 12-08-2012, 08:10 PM   #280 (permalink)

Shaq is so overrated. Maybe the most overrated athlete ever.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:14 PM   #281 (permalink)

Quote:
Let me "Learn" you something. 100% of opinions are biased!! Thats what makes it an opinion.

Calling me narrow minded for my opinion is what makes you out to be a fool. You are taking jabs at me by calling me narrow minded for having an opinion. You dont see me calling you narrow minded for having your own opinion do you?

I chose kobe as GOAT. You can choose who ever you like!! That is your opinion!! Get it?

Just to help you out...

o·pin·ion [uh-pin-yuh n] Show IPA
noun
a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

the formal expression of a professional judgment: to ask for a second medical opinion.
Law. the formal statement by a judge or court of the reasoning and the principles of law used in reaching a decision of a case.
a judgment or estimate of a person or thing with respect to character, merit, etc.: to forfeit someone's good opinion.
So if I make some outlandish claim such as women don't belong outside the kitchen that means its okay? Congrats you can look on dictionary.com
I don't believe in the above opinion it's just an example.

At least you admit your bias and don't use your brain to make an opinion. Definitely giving a bad name to laker fans
Old 12-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #282 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Then who did MJ play with? Name them peppy!

Sure you didnt. Back peddle. You were trying to prove that Kobe needed shaw, but you got caught red handed because every other player needed another player as well. So how does that make kobe any different?

Busted!

And on that point, its done as its pretty clear you are trying to flame on this topic by saying something, then saying you never said it.

You pulled this same stunt the Rondo thread. Good try!! All you are doing is looking for a flame war. You wont get one from me.
what are you talking about?

kobes championship while being second fiddle to shaq are not equal to jordans being 'the man'.

is that so hard for you to understand? you go into some soliloquy about every player needs 4 other players blah blah blah. well duh! no one is saying otherwise genius!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:35 PM   #283 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
So if I make some outlandish claim such as women don't belong outside the kitchen that means its okay? Congrats you can look on dictionary.com
I don't believe in the above opinion it's just an example.

At least you admit your bias and don't use your brain to make an opinion. Definitely giving a bad name to laker fans
If that's how you feel, who am I to tell you otherwise?

If you buy a expensive cards and take vacation, can I call a person that doesn't use their brain because you could be feeding hungry people who need it more? Definitely give a bad name to human kind for doing so?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:36 PM   #284 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
why because he couldn't shoot fts...

go watch mutombo get DESTROYED by shaq. one of the greatest big men defenders. and tell me that wasn't dominance...
Old 12-08-2012, 08:39 PM   #285 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
what are you talking about?

kobes championship while being second fiddle to shaq are not equal to jordans being 'the man'.

is that so hard for you to understand? you go into some soliloquy about every player needs 4 other players blah blah blah. well duh! no one is saying otherwise genius!
Good then you understand that's how it was and it can't be used to take anything away from Kobe. Plus you want to check out the stats and the replays. Kobe was no second fiddle. He contributed to all those championships

You argue the dumbest things in the world. Calling Kobe 2nd fiddle is like putting down any player that had to take a backseat to the franchise option because of time. Pretty pathetic
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #286 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Good then you understand that's how it was and it can't be used to take anything away from Kobe. Plus you want to check out the stats and the replays. Kobe was no second fiddle. He contributed to all those championships

You argue the dumbest things in the world. Calling Kobe 2nd fiddle is like putting down any player that had to take a backseat to the franchise option because of time. Pretty pathetic
kobe was 2nd fiddle because he was not the franchise option. are you disagreeing with that?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #287 (permalink)

Hakeem Olajuwon was a much better player and defender than Shaq. It wasn't because Shaq couldn't shoot free throws, he couldn't shoot period. If I was 7'1" and 330 lbs, I would be good at basketball too. He had no real talent other than being taller and fatter than everybody else. And Dikembe Mutombo was no offensive Juggernaut by any stretch of the imagination. Kobe shutting down Iverson was more impressive to me. Shaq was usually in fowl trouble and was never clutch when he needed to be and they wouldn't have won a single championship without Kobe.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 PM   #288 (permalink)
Banned

Being the 2nd option on a team as a young player is not a bad thing. That's not like being 2 nd fiddle. End of argument.

Would you call John Stockton 2nd fiddle to Malone?
Old 12-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #289 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Hakeem Olajuwon was a much better player and defender than Shaq. It wasn't because Shaq couldn't shoot free throws, he couldn't shoot period. If I was 7'1" and 330 lbs, I would be good at basketball too. He had no real talent other than being taller and fatter than everybody else. And Dikembe Mutombo was no offensive Juggernaut by any stretch of the imagination. Kobe shutting down Iverson was more impressive to me. Shaq was usually in fowl trouble and was never clutch when he needed to be and they wouldn't have won a single championship without Kobe.
Shaquille wasn't fat. Oliver miller was fat lol.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #290 (permalink)

my two cents. not the best laker ever let alone the best of all time.
I also don't ship to Canada, Sorry!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #291 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Being the 2nd option on a team as a young player is not a bad thing. That's not like being 2 nd fiddle. End of argument.

young player? you act like kobe played with shaq for a year.

my point is that for a good part of his career kobe was 'young' (in your terms) which makes it okay that he wasn't the best player on his team.

then when he was in his prime he was on a team that could barely make the playoffs.

then when some other really good 2nd and 3rd players came in towards the end of his 'prime' kobe won some championships.

recently towards the end of his career he has been on a decent team but can't win...

and thats your GOAT! yup makes perfect sense. haha
Old 12-08-2012, 08:54 PM   #292 (permalink)

Quote:

Yes I would... Agree that Stockton was the 2nd fiddle.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 PM   #293 (permalink)

Quote:
Shaquille wasn't fat. Oliver miller was fat lol.
Shaq was not in the best of shape for being a professional athlete in the prime of his career. Anyone who thinks Shaq is better than Kobe is crazy. You need to watch Ben Wallace dominate, and I mean dominate Shaq, in the finals against the Pistons. And again the next season when he was with Miami when they met the Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals. But it was Stan Van Gundy's fault of course
Old 12-08-2012, 09:08 PM   #294 (permalink)

Also, the only GOAT is Jordan. The guy went to college for four years and retired for two seasons to play baseball in the prime of his career and is still over 2,000 points ahead of Kobe. That shows how amazing Jordan was. Jordan was an amazing defender as well.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #295 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Shaq was not in the best of shape for being a professional athlete in the prime of his career. Anyone who thinks Shaq is better than Kobe is crazy. You need to watch Ben Wallace dominate, and I mean dominate Shaq, in the finals against the Pistons. And again the next season when he was with Miami when they met the Pistons in the Eastern Conference Finals. But it was Stan Van Gundy's fault of course
he averaged 24 and 11 for that serious. thats far from being dominated. haha

and that wasn't shaqs prime...
Old 12-08-2012, 09:46 PM   #296 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL

So a career average of 24 points and 11 rebounds is overrated? Shoot the career numbers would have been better if he walked away earlier instead of playing the last few years as more of a role player. He was the 3 time MVP of the Finals. In 2000 when he won the MVP he averaged 29.7 points and 13.7 rebounds. Nobody could stop him. His field goal percentage was always in the high 50's! He wasnt playing against smaller guys like they were back in the 50's, 60's and parts of the 70's.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Old 12-08-2012, 10:27 PM   #297 (permalink)

Quote:
Are you saying Shaq had a chicken problem?
Old 12-09-2012, 12:47 PM   #298 (permalink)

Whoa, whoa whoa, love the discussion but the thread is that Kobe Bryant is the greatest Lakers!
So its about the Lakers players and who is the greatest.

Kobe is the greatest Lakers. Magic Johnson said it, Kareem said it. Jerry west said it.
The Lakers commentators said it.

So now lets make a new thread.....

Kobe Anthology SET
Old 12-09-2012, 01:17 PM   #299 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
Whoa, whoa whoa, love the discussion but the thread is that Kobe Bryant is the greatest Lakers!
So its about the Lakers players and who is the greatest.

Kobe is the greatest Lakers. Magic Johnson said it, Kareem said it. Jerry west said it.
The Lakers commentators said it.

So now lets make a new thread.....
I never argued the fact that he is the best laker which could be argued.

My argument started when orangejello said he is the GOAT. He is just being bias and a homer. No one who isn't bias or just being ignorant would argue that point!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #300 (permalink)
Banned

I have a stalker.

Boody, its pretty clear I put Kobe as the GOAT. Why dont you tell us who you put as the GOAT time? So I can tell you that you are bias and being ignorant. Then ill proceed to call you stupid and dumb for having an opinion.....just as you have done to me throughout all these posts.

Then maybe youll realize the true definition of what an opinion is.

So who is #1 goat ?
Closed Thread