Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #301 (permalink)
Member
 
WillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,964
Default

A reminder of how sublime Jordan was (and Pippen too, for that matter): NBA Greatest Duos: Michael Jordan & Scottie Pippen vs Celtics (1991) - YouTube

Well worth watching.
WillC is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:27 PM   #302 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Lol don't flatter yourself. I know what an opinion is. You can say you can't be wrong I understand that.... You don't seem to get my point.... Obviously you're biased and that clouds your opinion. I could say in my opinion Matt Bonner is the GOAT. Your opinion is obviously not widely accepted by anyone with any basketball knowledge.

My GOAT is Jordan. He is viewed by 90% of the non bias population as the GOAT.

You don't seem to get the point of my posts so I will just let you feel like your justified in your opinion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I have a stalker.

Boody, its pretty clear I put Kobe as the GOAT. Why dont you tell us who you put as the GOAT time? So I can tell you that you are bias and being ignorant. Then ill proceed to call you stupid and dumb for having an opinion.....just as you have done to me throughout all these posts.

Then maybe youll realize the true definition of what an opinion is.

So who is #1 goat ?
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:34 PM   #303 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

I'm just saying that your opinion is based on how you love Kobe.... Can we agree on that?
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #304 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Lol don't flatter yourself. I know what an opinion is. You can say you can't be wrong I understand that.... You don't seem to get my point.... Obviously you're biased and that clouds your opinion. I could say in my opinion Matt Bonner is the GOAT. Your opinion is obviously not widely accepted by anyone with any basketball knowledge.

My GOAT is Jordan. He is viewed by 90% of the non bias population as the GOAT.

You don't seem to get the point of my posts so I will just let you feel like your justified in your opinion
MJ cant be goat because another player has better stats then him. They also have more hardware. Therefore you are biased for and your opinion is clearly wrong
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:42 PM   #305 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
MJ cant be goat because another player has better stats then him. They also have more hardware. Therefore you are biased for and your opinion is clearly wrong
That seems like a good argument. You constructed one sentence. You're jousting arguing to argue not not trying to prove anything.... Please come back with something of substance.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:43 PM   #306 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Okay so other members? Who is the GOAT? Kobe or Jordan?
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #307 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
That seems like a good argument. You constructed one sentence. You're jousting arguing to argue not not trying to prove anything.... Please come back with something of substance.
You want substance? You knocked kobe because

1. He doesnt have as many rings as MJ
2. He doesnt have as many MVPs as MJ
3. He doesnt have as many titles as MJ
4. He doesnt have as many whatever you want.

So Ill tell you what you told me. That you are narrowminded for picking MJ because..

1. MJ doent have as many rings as Russell
2. MJ doesnt have as many MVPs as Kareem
3. MJ doesnt have as many whatever you want to put here.

So your opinion is biased and should be thrown out the window!! Because you claim opinions as facts.

This exactly how you think
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 04:59 PM   #308 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You want substance? You knocked kobe because

1. He doesnt have as many rings as MJ
2. He doesnt have as many MVPs as MJ
3. He doesnt have as many titles as MJ
4. He doesnt have as many whatever you want.

So Ill tell you what you told me. That you are narrowminded for picking MJ because..

1. MJ doent have as many rings as Russell
2. MJ doesnt have as many MVPs as Kareem
3. MJ doesnt have as many whatever you want to put here.

So your opinion is biased and should be thrown out the window!! Because you claim opinions as facts.

This exactly how you think
Like I said you're missing the point. It's a combination of things! Like I said you barely have anyone who shares your "opinion". Maybe young kids and Laker lovers where as I have the majority of experts, players, and people's opinions. Lets run a pull of non bias laker or bull fans who are not 16 and see what happens.......You just seem to be unable to make a legit argument. What a surprise.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #309 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

So when MJ is not #1, it becomes a combination of things. But if MJ is #1 for the category, he is the winner.

This isnt a popularity contest. MJ wins by a landslide if this is a popularity contest. As far as IM concerned this thread has run its course when you needed to justify my opinion with a social backing of other members.

You keep knocking kobe, while the rest of keep celebrating his amazing feats. Not good way to live your life to put hatred first before enjoyment.

Go tell russell that him having more rings makes him less than MJ because "its a combo of things" or go tell Kareem "Your MVPS makes him less than MJ because its not about MVPs, but a combo of thing.". and the best one... Wait for it.....

"MJ is better than X because he is #1 in the category, and being the top dog in there makes you the legit best. But only if you're MJ, no one else!!"
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:15 PM   #310 (permalink)
Member
 
tristan20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,257
Send a message via MSN to tristan20
Default

Kobe can never be the GOAT, his championships are always questionable because of Shaq winning 3 Finals MVPs.

Jordan, without any doubt won 6 championships.
There is no question if he was the best on his team or not.
__________________
http://www.finalsmvp.com/

!
tristan20 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #311 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
So when MJ is not #1, it becomes a combination of things. But if MJ is #1 for the category, he is the winner.

This isnt a popularity contest. MJ wins by a landslide if this is a popularity contest. As far as IM concerned this thread has run its course when you needed to justify my opinion with a social backing of other members.

You keep knocking kobe, while the rest of keep celebrating his amazing feats. Not good way to live your life to put hatred first before enjoyment.

Go tell russell that him having more rings makes him less than MJ because "its a combo of things" or go tell Kareem "Your MVPS makes him less than MJ because its not about MVPs, but a combo of thing.". and the best one... Wait for it.....

"MJ is better than X because he is #1 in the category, and being the top dog in there makes you the legit best. But only if you're MJ, no one else!!"
I don't even care for Jordan.... I'm a Celtics fan so seems odd that I would be biased to him...

Funny how you changed the argument after a while. You said Kobe was The GOAT... I disputed your "opinion" aka being a homer. I am not sure why it matters who I think is the best.... It started about Kobe and you somehow changed it around to being about Jordan.

In regards to me relying on others for backing me..... I don't need others to back my non bias opinion. They just happen to think logically. Apparently thats a crime in your area. I guess opinions are like bum holes some stink more than others

Thanks for the amusement. Was better than watching the TV.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:16 PM   #312 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Kobe can never be the GOAT, his championships are always questionable because of Shaq winning 3 Finals MVPs.

Jordan, without any doubt won 6 championships.
There is no question if he was the best on his team or not.
Don't tell orangejello that. He can't ever be wrong
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:17 PM   #313 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

I also don't understand how I am knocking Kobe when I say he is between 4-8 of all time? That seems like a pretty big compliment with all the great players who have played this game.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #314 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Kobe can never be the GOAT, his championships are always questionable because of Shaq winning 3 Finals MVPs.

Jordan, without any doubt won 6 championships.
There is no question if he was the best on his team or not.
Noway. MJs championships are questionable. Without Pippen there is NOWAY he would have won anything.

Trying to justify that MJ could have done it without his teams mates is crazy. EVen crazier that you are willing to take away rings from Kobe because he played with Shaq. Come on now Tristan.

You want to take away rings from Magic because he might have shown symptoms of HIV early on too?
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:20 PM   #315 (permalink)
Member
 
WillC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 6,964
Default

It's simple really...

Michael Jordan was better than Kobe Bryant at nearly every aspect of basketball.

- Scoring: Jordan
- Rebounding: Jordan
- Passing: Jordan
- Stealing: Jordan
- Shot-blocking: Jordan
- Lower turnovers: Jordan
- Free throws: Tie
- 3 point shooting: Kobe

Meanwhile, Jordan was the best player on 6 championship teams whereas Kobe was the best player on 2.

So why would anyone think Kobe was better than Jordan?

All evidence points to the contrary.
WillC is online now  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #316 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Don't tell orangejello that. He can't ever be wrong
So you are suggesting taking 3 rings from Kobe because he played with Shaq?

Thats as low as someone I have every seen someone stoop.
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #317 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
So you are suggesting taking 3 rings from Kobe because he played with Shaq?

Thats as low as someone I have every seen someone stoop.
I never said he wasn't part of winning those rings. He was the second most important player for the Lakers those three years. You're struggling and grasping now buddy.

Wow I'm so surprised two credible posters from this site came in and agreed with my non bias opinion.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #318 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
It's simple really...

Michael Jordan was better than Kobe Bryant at nearly every aspect of basketball.

- Scoring: Jordan
- Rebounding: Jordan
- Passing: Jordan
- Stealing: Jordan
- Shot-blocking: Jordan
- Lower turnovers: Jordan
- Free throws: Tie
- 3 point shooting: Kobe

Meanwhile, Jordan was the best player on 6 championship teams whereas Kobe was the best player on 2.

So why would anyone think Kobe was better than Jordan?

All evidence points to the contrary.
Because he doesn't think rationally. He is a Kobe fan and therefore he is the best ever.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:35 PM   #319 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Kobe can never be the GOAT, his championships are always questionable because of Shaq winning 3 Finals MVPs.

Jordan, without any doubt won 6 championships.
There is no question if he was the best on his team or not.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Don't tell orangejello that. He can't ever be wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I never said he wasn't part of winning those rings. He was the second most important player for the Lakers those three years. You're struggling and grasping now buddy.

Wow I'm so surprised two credible posters from this site came in and agreed with my non bias opinion.
You agreed to the statement made by Tristan that you question 3 rings that Kobe has. You back peddling on supporting his theory that 3 of Kobes rings shouldnt count? LOL. Because I know Tristan said that for Sh!ts and giggles!! lol
Orangejello727 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:42 PM   #320 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

I agreed with the fact he is not the GOAT.... Seems odd you're the only one who feels Kobe is the GOAT besides 15 year olds and homers... Maybe you should get some dinner and regroup.... I just wish you were not biased and could think rationally. Some people claim living in ignorance is bliss.....
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #321 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,178
Default

Why didn't you argue any points that WillC made? Are you taking this personal?
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:56 PM   #322 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 35
Default

Michael Jordan is GOAT without a single doubt. 98% of the world knows it. Orangejello727 can have his own opinion about Kobe being the best just like the next guy that believes Antoine Walker is the GOAT. But everyone knows the truth and it is Kobe fans that get frustrated the most trying to compete against the true GOAT. They are the ones going against the massive tide. Let them be because whatever they say or believe is irrelevant to what is already stamped in basketball history.
VintageCards is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 05:57 PM   #323 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
It's simple really...

Michael Jordan was better than Kobe Bryant at nearly every aspect of basketball.

- Scoring: Jordan
- Rebounding: Jordan
- Passing: Jordan
- Stealing: Jordan
- Shot-blocking: Jordan
- Lower turnovers: Jordan
- Free throws: Tie
- 3 point shooting: Kobe

Meanwhile, Jordan was the best player on 6 championship teams whereas Kobe was the best player on 2.

So why would anyone think Kobe was better than Jordan?

All evidence points to the contrary.
Yes it is that simple to rational thinking people haha.
murrke03 is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #324 (permalink)
Member
 
Kosmo Kards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Passed out in the Circus Liquor parking lot!!!!
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillC View Post
It's simple really...

Michael Jordan was better than Kobe Bryant at nearly every aspect of basketball.

- Scoring: Jordan
- Rebounding: Jordan
- Passing: Jordan
- Stealing: Jordan
- Shot-blocking: Jordan
- Lower turnovers: Jordan
- Free throws: Tie
- 3 point shooting: Kobe

Meanwhile, Jordan was the best player on 6 championship teams whereas Kobe was the best player on 2.

So why would anyone think Kobe was better than Jordan?

All evidence points to the contrary.
Jordan was better than Kobe, but Kobe was the best player on all five championship teams.
Kosmo Kards is offline  
Old 12-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #325 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Why didn't you argue any points that WillC made? Are you taking this personal?
No because thats his opinion. I couldnt give two squirts one way or the other. I have no issues with other people choosing player X. YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ME CHOOSING KOBE.
Orangejello727 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.