Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I dont see anywhere where I said no other player did it. Dime eyes much?

I said Kobe in my opinion worked harder than any other player. He also had more determination than any other player.
I understand Kobe was a hard worker and for sure he is, but I think many great players had similar drives behind them. Even some scrub players work extremely hard they just don't have the talent to be a stud like Kobe.

I measure my GOAT by rings,stats and championships.
Kobe has won five championships but was only the MVP twice. The other three times Shaq was clearly the best player on that team. Kobe only has one regular season MVP award. He should have one more btw.

I am a Celtics fan so I have a clear mind in this and not bias. I don't see how an agreement for Kobe can be made over Jordan. I also believe that many will argue Magic,Wilt,Kareem,or Russell for being better than Kobe. Due to not wanting to write a book I will just make Jordan's case.

Five times regular season MVP. Should have had one more as well.
Six championships and was MVP every time he won. Every year he made the finals he won.
Jordan has similar numbers as Kobe even though he retired for some time during his prime.

I just can't see how anyone can argue Kobe over Jordan at this point. Maybe if Kobe wins a couple more championships he can pass Jordan but as of now I don't think the argument can be made.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
JK8283's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

I'll never forget the drive Kobe showed when he despondently passed the ball the entire 4th quarter in game 7 of the west semis vs Phoenix and his will to get blown out in a joke of a finals game 7 against the Celtics. All that aside, he's a great player but not the greatest Laker as long as Magic Johnson is still considered a Laker lol.
__________________
Collecting Jordan & DRose
JK8283 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Kobe Bryant is the greatest Laker ever hands down!!!!!
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
I'll never forget the drive Kobe showed when he despondently passed the ball the entire 4th quarter in game 7 of the west semis vs Phoenix and his will to get blown out in a joke of a finals game 7 against the Celtics.
For number of years I simply had an opinion of Kobe being a much better player than Lebron because of his killer instincts at the end of the game.
As a viewer watching the game I always feel like lakers are in it if they are down by two with 8seconds to go because of Kobe.
It was never like that with Lebron until last year for me.
Kobe is arguably the top 7 greatest of all time but I just don't see him being the greatest at all.
Haiku is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #30 (permalink)
The Fantastic Store
 
SportCardBuffet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 9,606
Default

What about Shaq-Fu?????
__________________
Actively Taking Consignments, PM For Details!
Watch Me Break Live On Ustream
Watch Me Break Live On BreakersTV
Follow Me On Twitter @SportCardBuffet
SportCardBuffet is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
EDIT:

Wont argue with a guy purposely looking to fight. ,i,,
I'm just picking a fight with you cause I'm an as$hole.
Please don't take anything I say seriously and I do value your opinion since you are one of the rare few that actually adds a constructive criticism that has a reasoning behind it.
Haiku is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #32 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I understand Kobe was a hard worker and for sure he is, but I think many great players had similar drives behind them. Even some scrub players work extremely hard they just don't have the talent to be a stud like Kobe.

I measure my GOAT by rings,stats and championships.
Kobe has won five championships but was only the MVP twice. The other three times Shaq was clearly the best player on that team. Kobe only has one regular season MVP award. He should have one more btw.

I am a Celtics fan so I have a clear mind in this and not bias. I don't see how an agreement for Kobe can be made over Jordan. I also believe that many will argue Magic,Wilt,Kareem,or Russell for being better than Kobe. Due to not wanting to write a book I will just make Jordan's case.

Five times regular season MVP. Should have had one more as well.
Six championships and was MVP every time he won. Every year he made the finals he won.
Jordan has similar numbers as Kobe even though he retired for some time during his prime.

I just can't see how anyone can argue Kobe over Jordan at this point. Maybe if Kobe wins a couple more championships he can pass Jordan but as of now I don't think the argument can be made.
don't say that! Kobe was the MAIN MAN on the lakers during all the championships.

at least according to someone...
murrke03 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportCardBuffet View Post
What about Shaq-Fu?????
Yup! One of the Most dominant player of all time should be mentioned in this as well.
Haiku is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:42 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

I think that while often times people are a prisoner of the moment with players, people also get stuck in "Everything was better before" mode, where they can't judge current things because they don't give them a fair shake.

I believe Kobe is the greatest Laker of all time, and I also believe Lebron's name belongs nowhere in this thread because he's not even close to being in the same picture as kobe
1eyed_jack is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:44 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 12,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
Yes you are right cause Magic never did any of things you've mentioned and I'm sure no ther Laker has ever worked during offseason to develope their game
Magic Johnson is/was overrated. The whole reason he had success is because he faked having HIV so players wouldn't get near him so he'd have open looks at the basket. Anyone can play good ball when defenders are scared they'll get AIDS.
tnarg is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Magic Johnson is/was overrated. The whole reason he had success is because he faked having HIV so players wouldn't get near him so he'd have open looks at the basket. Anyone can play good ball when defenders are scared they'll get AIDS.
That just took the cake as most ignorant post of the day.....
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 AM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
don't say that! Kobe was the MAIN MAN on the lakers during all the championships.

at least according to someone...
I just say the truth
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:48 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,448
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
don't say that! Kobe was the MAIN MAN on the lakers during all the championships.

at least according to someone...
You know, I get that Shaq was THE guy during those years, but people act like kobe was barely on the team

Kobe Bryant 28 points vs Pacers, Game 4 takeover 1999-00 - YouTube
1eyed_jack is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:49 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Magic Johnson is/was overrated. The whole reason he had success is because he faked having HIV so players wouldn't get near him so he'd have open looks at the basket. Anyone can play good ball when defenders are scared they'll get AIDS.
uh.......................
murrke03 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
You know, I get that Shaq was THE guy during those years, but people act like kobe was barely on the team

Kobe Bryant 28 points vs Pacers, Game 4 takeover 1999-00 - YouTube
haha i know just having some fun with oj. will be shocked if he returns to this thread...
murrke03 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #41 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Magic Johnson is/was overrated. The whole reason he had success is because he faked having HIV so players wouldn't get near him so he'd have open looks at the basket. Anyone can play good ball when defenders are scared they'll get AIDS.
I think you maybe on to something...
Yeah.. You are going to hell...
Haiku is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,248
Default

Kobe Bryant is the Greatest Laker of All Time!...Hands Down!
__________________
"I got a goal, and it's a huge goal, and that's to bring an NBA championship here to Cleveland," James said. "And I won't stop until I get it."

MY LAKERS PATCH COLLECTION... http://photobucket.com/Lakerspatchcollection
forgiven1 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:51 AM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 12,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
That just took the cake as most ignorant post of the day.....
It's a fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
uh.......................
Uh what? Say it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku View Post
I think you maybe on to something...
Yeah.. You are going to hell...
Why am I going to hell? If anything Magic will for being a liar.
tnarg is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
Kobe Bryant is the Greatest Laker of All Time!...Hands Down!
we got a broken record on...

haha did you just want some attention?
murrke03 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #45 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
It's a fact.

Uh what? Say it.



Why am I going to hell? If anything Magic will for being a liar.
yikes......
murrke03 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:55 AM   #46 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,492
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgiven1 View Post
Kobe Bryant is the Greatest Laker of All Time!...Hands Down!
OJ has a reasoning on why he thinks KOBE is the greatest and even if you agree or disagree he has a solid reason on why he thinks Kobe is the Goat.
You are just posting to be posting just like me.
So in short both of us suck.

Last edited by Haiku; 12-07-2012 at 11:57 AM.
Haiku is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:59 AM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
detox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,990
Default

Kurt Rambis hands down.

No factual data needed

/discussion
__________________
#BRONCONATION


http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b28/detox1515/
detox is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
tnarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Banned
Posts: 12,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
yikes......
No yikes about it. People are just livid that their childhood hero is a fraud.
tnarg is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
No yikes about it. People are just livid that their childhood hero is a fraud.
Okay prove it.

An gum bumper isn't a reliable source lol
murrke03 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I understand Kobe was a hard worker and for sure he is, but I think many great players had similar drives behind them. Even some scrub players work extremely hard they just don't have the talent to be a stud like Kobe.

While scrub players might have worked hard, they didnt achieve what Kobe did with his hard work. Some players are born talented with skill and size. Kobe wasnt. He worked for it. Not saying other players didnt, but he is one player that I feel worked and went further than any other player to get where he is!!

I measure my GOAT by rings,stats and championships.
Kobe has won five championships but was only the MVP twice. The other three times Shaq was clearly the best player on that team. Kobe only has one regular season MVP award. He should have one more btw.

If you measure GOAT by Rings, stats and Championships, players like Rusell, Kareem and Wilt have MJ beat by a mile. Yet you consider MJ the best? WHy the double standard? Bascially MJ never finish #1 in any of those catagories but you are willing to give it to him but no one else can fit the bill if they never finished at the top of those criteria lists?


I am a Celtics fan so I have a clear mind in this and not bias. I don't see how an agreement for Kobe can be made over Jordan. I also believe that many will argue Magic,Wilt,Kareem,or Russell for being better than Kobe. Due to not wanting to write a book I will just make Jordan's case.

What has What has Magic done that Kobe is missing to be the All time greatest laker? Or Kareem, Wilt. For everything you mention ill be sure to knock MJ against the what he doesnt have that Kareem, Wilt, Magic and Russell have. Then what?


Five times regular season MVP. Should have had one more as well.
Six championships and was MVP every time he won. Every year he made the finals he won.
Jordan has similar numbers as Kobe even though he retired for some time during his prime.

I cant argue the MVP vote. Its a vote done by journalist. In my opinion it means nothing at all as rightful winners have been robbed in the past due to NBA politics. Its voted upon by journalist who write for magazine that depend on advertisements by companies that sponsor guys like MJ. Pretty big conflict of interest for me whether the player deserved it or not. Prime example? Nash getting it the year Kobe crushed the league??


I just can't see how anyone can argue Kobe over Jordan at this point. Maybe if Kobe wins a couple more championships he can pass Jordan but as of now I don't think the argument can be made.

I dont know why you are comparing MJ to Kobe if Kobe hasnt finished playing. If anything you should heed to your advice and wait till its all said and done!! We'll have that debate then!!

And for the whole arguement on Kobe vs MJ total pts? Sure MJ didnt need the extra seasons to get the pts. But Kobe didnt play his early years enough to have a chance at scoring. Better yet, when you claim Shaq was the #1 option on the team, Kobe didnt have much of a choice being behind him while MJ was the #1 choice right from the beginning. MJ demanded the ball and was given every oppurtunity to pad that pts!!

The old argument amongst kobe haters was always... "Kobe needed Shaq to win his rings". When Kobe went and won a ring without Shaq, the haters were confused. Then for kicks, Kobe did it again. Haters went looking for another reason. Shaq himself called "kobe the man!!". But that doesnt matter because whatever Kobe accomplishes, there will be a roadblock waiting for him. This in my mind puts Kobe a mile ahead of everyone. THe mere fact that Kobe accomplished so much with every hater on his back.
Orangejello727 is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.