Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   Panini Replacement I'm disappointed (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/410441-panini-replacement-im-disappointed.html)

jprk31 12-07-2012 02:48 PM

Panini Replacement I'm disappointed

My wife bought me a Panini Elite Black box for my bday gift last month. Unfortunately 2 of the cards had damage in them. I sent it back to Panini requesting if I can get a replacement for the damage card. Here's what I got in the mail today. I'll let you guys read it.

[IMG]http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n292/jprk31/1354909001.jpg[/IMG]

Reading this letter does it mean that Panini would only replace damage cards within a 12 month period and if you past that they are no longer obligated to replace it? I'm disappointed! So what if you buy an older product and all the cards are damage so they won't replace it since it's ineligible? I guess I won't be buying older Panini boxes then.

Anyway the cards I sent was a Jeff Hornacek Flag Patch Auto (Peeling in the corner) and Luol Deng Jsy card (peeling on the back). If Press Pass can replace my damage Westbrook Auto from 08-09 with a similar card, I couldn't see why Panini which is a bigger brand can't do the same. Tsk tsk tsk!!!!

armyatc22 12-07-2012 02:50 PM

sending pm to try to help

crazymj 12-07-2012 03:07 PM

Well, i think its because they carry duplicates and extra of product for a certain amount of time. So they made the policy of 1 year since the older the product, the less likely they have the similar cards to replace.

kpark 12-07-2012 09:09 PM

I have 2 of the exact letter.

i sent in a replacement for the cedric maxwell flag patches couple of months ago due to foil peeling on BOTH cards from two different boxes and got them back saying sorry but never.

without a panini rep hookup its a lost cause. :(

realreodeal 12-07-2012 09:22 PM

Replacements for damaged cards are some of the biggest scams out there. This is the only time I will side with Panini. Too many people have taken unfair advantage of replacements for "damaged" cards. They probably get a few hundred of these requests per day. After a box has been on the open market for a year or more then they can't be responsible for how the box was handled.

ckeer 12-07-2012 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=realreodeal;3774193]Replacements for damaged cards are some of the biggest scams out there. This is the only time I will side with Panini. Too many people have taken unfair advantage of replacements for "damaged" cards. They probably get a few hundred of these requests per day. After a box has been on the open market for a year or more then they can't be responsible for how the box was handled.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on this.

Just imagine some dishonest guy purchased a low graded high end card for a fraction of what it would have cost if it is graded pristine, broke the casing, filed a "damaged card" claim and receiving a pristine card in return. :eek:

StraightCash 12-08-2012 12:36 AM

[QUOTE=realreodeal;3774193]Replacements for damaged cards are some of the biggest scams out there. This is the only time I will side with Panini. Too many people have taken unfair advantage of replacements for "damaged" cards. They probably get a few hundred of these requests per day. After a box has been on the open market for a year or more then they can't be responsible for how the box was handled.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, Panini has this policy in place to cover themselves. The op is honest, but for every honest replacement request there are twenty people trying to abuse the system.

jprk31 12-08-2012 01:52 PM

Thanks for the responses. My only gripe with this whole thing is if you buy a product let say from Walmart or Best buy such as a first generation Ipad (just an example) you come home and open it up and it's not working would you be satisfied with it and keep it or would you go back and ask for a replacement? I think the same analogy goes with this. What value would a card hold if it's damage? What Panini could have at least done is send a replacement of equal value and keep the old cards and I'll be happy with that. Saying it's been more than a year and we can't replace it just doesn't make sense. If that's the case they shouldn't be selling this old boxes then.