Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 01:56 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
This is funny...
Would there be PayPal protection for this?
Plus this are the hottest right now and will continue on until all the gold #$ are collected by true collectors. The prices is unbelievable on $100 box. What a ratio of earnings returns once you hit gold.
Yeah totally.... I'd love to buy a case for $_____ and pull a Tony Parker gold that I could sell for $120....
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:12 AM   #27 (permalink)

Hey man. You make money that's good. But if you loose then its on you. Never blame the manufacturer. Alot are more collectors than flippers...so good luck to your business. Enjoy the prizm.
Salute
Peace
Lol!

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepinoymamba View Post
Hey man. You make money that's good. But if you loose then its on you. Never blame the manufacturer. Alot are more collectors than flippers...so good luck to your business. Enjoy the prizm.
Salute
Peace
Lol!
WTF?
I'm not a buyer or a flipper or anything. I don't buy Panini and I don't buy UD with college uniforms. Your response made no sense, and you completely avoided my rather valid point in regards to YOUR post. You're so blindly in love with Panini it's actually very sad.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:02 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Funny you say this to paul. Paul is the flipper on ebay. I just find it comical that he is thwarting about prices of golds yet he bought the Rose gold for $400 and tried to flip it for $2000.

Paul, while I have no issues with you, you really do cross the line on the double standard to justify what you do.

You first complain about the product saying there is no money to be made. Then you go and flip prizm cards trying to make bank.

You then talk about how these crazy prices must be fake yet you are one of the guys listing a gold rose for $2000.

I dont get it.
Not Paul. Rose 1/10 MVP is not a chase card in this product, at least for now.

Hope collectors can get their goals met at fair prices.

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:28 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Funny you say this to paul. Paul is the flipper on ebay. I just find it comical that he is thwarting about prices of golds yet he bought the Rose gold for $400 and tried to flip it for $2000.

Paul, while I have no issues with you, you really do cross the line on the double standard to justify what you do.

You first complain about the product saying there is no money to be made. Then you go and flip prizm cards trying to make bank.

You then talk about how these crazy prices must be fake yet you are one of the guys listing a gold rose for $2000.

I dont get it.

You don't get it because that's not true.

My complaints were on the product from a COLLECTOR's standpoint.

Someone collecting to keep the cards in their collection. I don't think $120 is a fair price on the product given the value per-box.

I think it's FINE to have a product like this, but I think Panini is consistently producing products at $100 ++ MAPP, and it's hurting the average collector. It doesn't hurt someone like Alex who can drop $10k on cases, but it hurts the average, every-day collector who has a $100/week or $200/month budget to spend on cards for their collection.

That's a totally different mindset then what I do. I didn't buy any wax, to sell or flip. I think it's overpriced in wax form. Considering there are SO many cards in the set, and only the top 10 chase cards will get the box price back ... I don't think it's worth the gamble.

I'm just saying that if you, OJ, say that for collector's it's a great deal, I don't agree it is. Not all collectors have a high budget like some of the people on here. I think at $60-80 it's a good deal for collectors to buy.

My flip on the Rose was something I do, and I'd do over and over. Just like 90% of the people on here.

I like Panini as a company, and I do enjoy most of their products. But I think as the main company in the game, they don't put out enough lower-end products (at least recently) that regular collectors can afford. They're focused on putting out products that the high-end case breakers (like many of these new guys here on Blowout in the Box Breaks section) will foam at the mouth to open and pad Panini's pockets.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:35 AM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

2012 13 Prizm Kobe Bryant Gold 06 10 RARE Refractor PMG Lakers | eBay

I can count more then 10 1k cards already .

This product has 100 rookies in it and who knows how many more rookies in the future do good
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:51 AM   #32 (permalink)

agreed.

to me, the most important thing is, the base refractors really look fantastic in hand

and somehow, panini really improved by leaps and bounds on the photography, its almost like topps produced this set.

But as always, the colation really SUCKS BIG TIME...