Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #126 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
My issues just both siding being bias in each direction. Will Rondo ever been Ray Allen? No. Does Rondo shoot like Jacque Vaughn? No. He started his career as a very poor shooter and he is now starting to become average. That's the weakness in his game. Every player has weaknesses and no one is perfect.

I just ask for the bias to end. That's all!!!
and is that not what i've been saying?????

and now people are trying to convince that he's a good shooter? lol quite funny actually
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #127 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
and is that not what i've been saying?????

and now people are trying to convince that he's a good shooter? lol quite funny actually
You're right to a point, but you only come here to cause trouble and don't bring anything besides negativeness. You don't give him any credit for having a triple double or anything he does. Why? Is it just to make you feel a certain way?

The above question is an honest one.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:31 AM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
haha yes you never did respond to your per 36 min. ray allen stat.

so basically if ray allen plays 36 min. with rondo and rondo gets 10 ast.

ray allen sits out for 1 min and rondo gets an assist.

so lets compare the per 36. with ray on the court rondo averages 10 ast. per 36 min. without ray on the court he averages 36 asts. per 36 min.

yup that makes perfect sense. clearly rondo is better with allen on the bench.

LOL you still don't get it...
The time with Ray on the court and off the court with Rondo was about a 60 40 split. It was not a 36 to 1 split. So no I don't get that because it does not reflect what the stat measured. Nice try though.

Last edited by pac213up; 12-08-2012 at 07:11 AM.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:02 AM   #129 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
The time with Ray on the court and off the court with Rondo was about a 60 40 split. It was not a 36 to 1 split. So no I don't get that because it does not reflect what the stat measured. Nice try though.
Can you show that?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:06 AM   #130 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
You're right to a point, but you only come here to cause trouble and don't bring anything besides negativeness. You don't give him any credit for having a triple double or anything he does. Why? Is it just to make you feel a certain way?

The above question is an honest one.
Actually I did give him credit for getting a trie double and I have given him credit in the past. If people didn't get all defensive like he was their child maybe they could see that.

And go look at the title and the ops original post. If he wants to be overally exaggerative in trying to mock some members why can't I come in and post when rondos actions PROVE my position (shooting being a flaw).

If people can't handle criticism then maybe they shouldn't post. Like I said its ironic how this thread was made and then how the game ended no?
Old 12-08-2012, 09:24 AM   #131 (permalink)

Only Rajon Rondo would get bashed for missing a game winning shot while slipping to the floor...

And can you people stop quoting murrke03...I don't want to read his mindless Celtics hating drivel.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:48 AM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Only Rajon Rondo would get bashed for missing a game winning shot while slipping to the floor...

And can you people stop quoting murrke03...I don't want to read his mindless Celtics hating drivel.
in fairness he first missed one with good footing. maybe he slipped on purpose to try something new
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Can you show that?
I already did in the thread it was discussed in. On/Off numbers, assist rate, ect with any combination of teammates or against any combination or opponents is simple enough to find. Educate yourself.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #134 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I already did in the thread it was discussed in. On/Off numbers, assist rate, ect with any combination of teammates or against any combination or opponents is simple enough to find. Educate yourself.
No you showed the stat. You didn't show the data.

You are the one that doesn't seem to understand. Maybe you should take a statistics class. Check out the local community college.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:09 PM   #135 (permalink)

sesmarine04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:17 PM   #136 (permalink)

Quote:

You are the one that doesn't seem to understand. Maybe you should take a statistics class. Check out the local community college.
How are the classes at your local bridge?

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:

You my friend have way too much time on your hands, take a break from internet life and go outside.
AlphaNOmega06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 PM   #138 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to iluvfish2 Send a message via Yahoo to iluvfish2

Cant everyone on here just be nice and have a friendly discussion without it turning into an argument (or having a bunch of reported posts)
Old 12-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Cant everyone on here just be nice and have a friendly discussion without it turning into an argument (or having a bunch of reported posts)
I wish we could too
But anything about Rondo or Boston, some people can't resist to argue about it.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:15 PM   #140 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvfish2 View Post
Sure if there was one certain member that would be banned or just not post in it.

Maybe someone should buy him a hooker for x-mas so he can get his first taste of ............ then he wouldn't be bitchy all the time.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:

I'll ignore the snide remark and repost what was there before. Make of it what you want. It includes more than just the stat. Going forward all your comments will be ignored. If you are interested in actually being able to find stats to back your arguments I would recommend 82games.com, basketballvalue.com, basketball-reference.com, hoopdata.com, statscube, ect. Lots of good tools & data besides your normal points, rebounds, assists. The eye test is great but the fact is your eyes only see a tiny, tiny portion of what most players do on the court. Data measures EVERY possession of every minute a player is on the court.

The appropriate sample size for a confidence level of 99% (You know what that means statistically speaking of course) is 497 minutes given Rondo's total minutes played - 766 without Ray / 1191 with Ray. The bottom line is that at this point in his career (at least on the Celtics) who ever was replacing him in the lineup, influenced a better assist rate for Rondo. I would guess most of those minutes went to Bradley and I would guess the fact that Bradley & Rondo worked the fast break fairly well would be why. Not rocket science.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:39 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'll ignore the snide remark and repost what was there before. Make of it what you want. It includes more than just the stat. Going forward all your comments will be ignored. If you are interested in actually being able to find stats to back your arguments I would recommend 82games.com, basketballvalue.com, basketball-reference.com, hoopdata.com, statscube, ect. Lots of good tools & data besides your normal points, rebounds, assists. The eye test is great but the fact is your eyes only see a tiny, tiny portion of what most players do on the court. Data measures EVERY possession of every minute a player is on the court.

The appropriate sample size for a confidence level of 99% (You know what that means statistically speaking of course) is 497 minutes given Rondo's total minutes played - 766 without Ray / 1191 with Ray. The bottom line is that at this point in his career (at least on the Celtics) who ever was replacing him in the lineup, influenced a better assist rate for Rondo. I would guess most of those minutes went to Bradley and I would guess the fact that Bradley & Rondo worked the fast break fairly well would be why. Not rocket science.

Finally!

If its not rocket science why did it take you weeks to finally post a coherent statement. Congratulations! Now that was fun wasn't it.

So back to the newest development. Do people actually think rondo is a good shooter now?
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #143 (permalink)

Except that exact same pic was posted in the rondo thread you trolled for 100+ posts on 11/18.

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cades View Post
Except that exact same pic was posted in the rondo thread you trolled for 100+ posts on 11/18.
Yes.Yes it was.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:12 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:

pac, you're one of my favorite on the forums, and not because you and i are both fans of a particular player, but because you always post very rational and reasonable comments. i dk how you do it, b/c i get tired of the boards more often than not.

anyway, for anyone who wants a perspective on last nights game
Rajon Rondo seeks wins for Boston Celtics, not triple-doubles for himself - ESPN Boston
Old 12-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
pac, you're one of my favorite on the forums, and not because you and i are both fans of a particular player, but because you always post very rational and reasonable comments. i dk how you do it, b/c i get tired of the boards more often than not.

Rajon Rondo seeks wins for Boston Celtics, not triple-doubles for himself - ESPN Boston

Though no ones going to go straight out and say they were going for the triple double in a loss....it looks like the straight standard response to me

PICASA: https://picasaweb.google.com/117829626225350915904?noredirect=1
kenny3011 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:30 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post

Yes his post arguing for a sample size of one was very rational.

So honest question. When Lebron or Kobe or whoever has a ridiculous night but misses the shot to win and their team loses they get trashed and blamed. But when it's rondo we are suppose to ignore that and just praise him for being so great?
Old 12-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny3011 View Post
Though no ones going to go straight out and say they were going for the triple double in a loss....it looks like the straight standard response to me
considering that by halftime, with the celtics leading 50-46, he had double digits in points and rebounds already with 8 assists, it's not as if anyone could say he was tryin harder for the stats than to win the ball game, either before or after the half, so im not sure how it matters even if he was indeed "going for the triple double in a loss" as you said
Old 12-08-2012, 06:56 PM   #149 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
in fairness he first missed one with good footing. maybe he slipped on purpose to try something new
he did miss the first one, and he shouldnt even have been the one to take the second shot and it was odd that paul pierce was inbounding the ball.

regardless, the thread was started when early in the game, rondo was already putting up ridiculous stats. i was only pointing out the numbers; i'll make sure not to make the same mistake.

it's just unfortunate that the celtics lost the game, so that anti-rajon members have something to post about. i think we can mostly agree that if he hadnt had a triple double, the game wouldnt even have gotten to OT, but im sure that itself will also be discredited. (along with the fact that philly's assist and scoring leader jrue holiday actually fouled out thanks to rondo's aggresive offense? no, probably not)

as someone who actually watched the whole game, i'd like to point out how paul pierce AND kevin garnett both missed POINT BLANK shots in the clutch; furthermore, courtney lee airballed from the left corner down the stretch. factoring in rondo's 2 missed shots, that's 5 good looks that the celtics had to win the ball game, but let's be fair here, it was 100% rondo's fault. (and let's ignore jason terry's 1-12 performance altogether )
Old 12-08-2012, 07:16 PM   #150 (permalink)
Banned

So wait we shouldn't blame rondo for losing the game because other people screwed up. But we should praise his triple double because no one else did anything good? Not quite fair.

Honestly an I'm sure people will agree but celtics fans and rondo fans are going through the same thing Lebron fans did. People discredited Lebron all the time because he choked and couldn't hit a clutch shot or win. Lebron fans would get so upset and defensive. And why I that? Because part of what was negatively being said was right!

It the same with rondo an with lack or shooting or other flaws. People get soo defensive an upset at negative comments because they are partly right. And until rondo can prove (like Lebron had) consistently that those are not big flaws people will continue to point out negative aspects and people will continue to get all defensive and hurt