Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Steve Nash Lakers Uni Cards Value?

Will his cards of him in a Lakers uniform go up in value once he starts playing again or are they pretty much as high as they'll go since it's LA anyways?

I pulled his Totally Certified Auto /15 and have a strong offer on it already, just wondering if it's not smarter to sit on it for a week or two and see what happens when he comes back
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 04:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

depending on how strong the offer is I'd say to sell it. I can't imagine prices spiking for him unless LA wins it all or something down the road. I may be wrong but I don't think his return will add 2 big of a spike
ballahollic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, I would sell. I think the product hype value is more than what individual player values move!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
depending on how strong the offer is I'd say to sell it. I can't imagine prices spiking for him unless LA wins it all or something down the road. I may be wrong but I don't think his return will add 2 big of a spike
well it was stronger than I was expecting as the /25 has sold for 100 and 125, the /5 version has sold for 200 and 210 and then I was offered 200 on mine.

The biggest issue I have with accepting is that the guy only has like 20 feedback and all of them have been on totally certified purchases in the last week, besides that he has 2 feedback from like 5 years ago. So I'm a bit worried that there isn't much feedback coming from someone with an offer like that and all the ones he does have feedback for were basically $20 or less with one $200 card but it was coming from China so he hasn't got it to leave feedback for it yet to know if he was pulling something over on that seller

Last edited by zonacats8; 12-08-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:12 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
Yeah, I would sell. I think the product hype value is more than what individual player values move!
Very factual point also about the product hype. All these prices will drop in the next few weeks like every newer product always does.

IMO I think that is way 2 strong of an offer to not accept. Even if Nash went bonkers when he got back I can't imagine his average sale hitting anywhere near that price for the #'d/15's. it is a bit worrisome the lack of feedback but I think its a spot where you just cross your fingers and hope for a smooth transaction. His activity this week I think is a positive sign that maybe he is just obsessed with the product and hopefully means you have nothing to worry about!
ballahollic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
Very factual point also about the product hype. All these prices will drop in the next few weeks like every newer product always does.

IMO I think that is way 2 strong of an offer to not accept. Even if Nash went bonkers when he got back I can't imagine his average sale hitting anywhere near that price for the #'d/15's. it is a bit worrisome the lack of feedback but I think its a spot where you just cross your fingers and hope for a smooth transaction. His activity this week I think is a positive sign that maybe he is just obsessed with the product and hopefully means you have nothing to worry about!
That's pretty much where I'm at with my thinking as well

I still have 24 hours on the offer, so I think I'll wait until near the end to see if any other offers come in and then to bump my sales thread on here tomorrow afternoon.

I'd take a little less of an offer if it's from someone with enough feedback to not make me worry as I think it would be worth it considering I got the box for free anyways, pure profit
Old 12-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #7 (permalink)

I collect Nash and if I were you id sell at that price. Ive picked up other autos of his numbered less for half what your offer is.
Lee42 is online now   Reply With Quote