Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 03:56 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default What should I do about this seller?

So a buddy of mine wanted me to place a snipe on a jersey he wanted. The item ends for 66 dollars with free shipping. I wake up and send my buddy a message telling him he had won. I check ebay and have a message reading this

"Do not send money!!! Money will be returned and Item will not be shipped. It has already been sold and was never taken off ebay!!!!"

The auction was a 3 day auction with no reserve. Seems to me the seller had in his mind it was worth more. This was a 3 day auction, how was it "not taken off ebay". If it was a listing that ran month after month I could see it, but not really the case for a 3 day auction. I message the guy back asking what the deal was if he was holding out for more money or what and get a message talking about feedback.

After all this, really debating giving him a negative, but if he sends one back would ebay reverse it? This is just a bit ridiculous.
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateadams2 View Post
So a buddy of mine wanted me to place a snipe on a jersey he wanted. The item ends for 66 dollars with free shipping. I wake up and send my buddy a message telling him he had won. I check ebay and have a message reading this

"Do not send money!!! Money will be returned and Item will not be shipped. It has already been sold and was never taken off ebay!!!!"

The auction was a 3 day auction with no reserve. Seems to me the seller had in his mind it was worth more. This was a 3 day auction, how was it "not taken off ebay". If it was a listing that ran month after month I could see it, but not really the case for a 3 day auction. I message the guy back asking what the deal was if he was holding out for more money or what and get a message talking about feedback.

After all this, really debating giving him a negative, but if he sends one back would ebay reverse it? This is just a bit ridiculous.
thats a neg worthy IMO and i don't think sellers can leave buyers a neg..as much as i hate that rule! but will come in handy here.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Seller can't leave buyer negative, especially after his message. If he tries to pull anything, you can just forward the message to ebay and they'll be on your side. Just make sure you reply saying you still want the item but don't threaten him with negative in anyways, be polite for future reference. But if he doesn't want to sell, no point sending the money and then having to deal with chargeback after. Leave his ebay ID so we can add him to block list and leave him a negative about how he back out on deal because it went for cheap.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

seller id is

mdem1157 guy only has 2 feedback. looks like a new or second account. now we know why.
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Neg his ass. I like how it goes up for auction and yet he claims not to have taken it down. As you said its not like this is one of these BIN or BO ones that gets relisted automatically all the time. He obviously knew what he was doing when he listed the item for sale. Plus he isnt a powerseller who lists hundreds of auctions at a time where it could get lost. This is the ONLY item the guy has ever sold or listed on ebay, at least in the last 15 days lmfao. What a douche. Another one for the ban list

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

If you don't pay for it ebay can remove their negative. But if you pay for it to spite him, you may get screwed around and you'll have to file a claim that you may or may not win, who knows with paypal...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
If you don't pay for it ebay can remove their negative. But if you pay for it to spite him, you may get screwed around and you'll have to file a claim that you may or may not win, who knows with paypal...

But the seller sent a message telling him not to pay. I think that makes a big difference as far as removing the neg.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Definitely throw him a negative. Do us all a favor :P
sportscardadict is offline   Reply With Quote