Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew306 View Post
Same here with Stephane Lasme. I also PC Dee Brown, James Augustine, Luther Head, and Brian Cook because I'm a big Illini basketball fan.
Those are some good UofI players... Cook had a nice career with the lakers for a while.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Vince Carter-I am a tar heel fan and I like good dunks.

Jason richardson- Again the dunks.

I am thinking of starting a PC of "the worse signatures of all time" and just add auto's of players or celebrities that have horrible signatures such as Nene and that Vorand Morency guy. I think it would be funny.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15jrich23 View Post
Vince Carter-I am a tar heel fan and I like good dunks.

Jason richardson- Again the dunks.

I am thinking of starting a PC of "the worse signatures of all time" and just add auto's of players or celebrities that have horrible signatures such as Nene and that Vorand Morency guy. I think it would be funny.
Throw in Isiah Thomas of the kings. Most of his autos are horrid.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 630
Default

I don't have a PC player per se but I PC any and all Houston Rockets players in a Rockets uniform. I started to watched them as a kid (8 years old) around the time of their consecutive championships 1994, 1995 and have kept up with them since.

I had done a PC of Steve Novak because I just love watching his ability to hit 3-pointers and has an almost pure shooting stroke. His autos were very cheap to obtain a few years ago.
__________________
http://s540.photobucket.com/home/rocketfan86/allalbums

Collecting all Houston Rockets players, current and former.
rocketfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:35 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Mires's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Weatherford, TX
Posts: 323
Default

"Pistol" Pete Maravich

As I've gotten older I've started to appreciate history and old things in general. Going back I discovered Pistol Pete and was blown away by his style of playing. I started collecting his vintage cards because there aren't that many different ones, and they are reasonably cheap.
Mires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:46 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Throw in Isiah Thomas of the kings. Most of his autos are horrid.
Haha I know, I would throw a ton of players in it. (I would do all sports) the only problem is most dealers at shows want $20.00+ per auto of the players mentioned and the no name crappy players with horrible signatures.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 366
Default

I started really watching bball when the Mavs drafted Kidd. I got sucked into the NBA and started watching every game I could. I loved watching Michael Finley as a rookie. For whatever reason his game was really fun to watch. I was excited when Kidd was traded for Finley, and I got to enjoy the fun of watching a team that had been bad for so long turn into a winner. Of course Dirk came along and matured with Steve Nash, and the Mavs became even more fun to watch. I will always respect how much Finley busted his ass to become an AllStar for the Mavs, and how he started to hand the team over to Dirk in as professional manner as possible. This preseason he came back to the mavs in a front office role, but left to attempt a comeback that probably won't happen. He's a class dude that had good game that evolved from an athletic dunking defensive man team leader to 3pt specialist late in his career.
__________________
http://s1260.beta.photobucket.com/user/ninjoker2002/library/Cards
ninjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #33 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stockton,Ca
Posts: 2,061
Default

LeBron, 6'8 250, has been my favorite player since he came in 03-04, i collect mostly his rcs and gu, dont care much for inserts unless its a low numbered
ivecenanuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:15 AM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Penny Hardaway - most talented player I have ever seen play the game of basketball
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 AM   #35 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Stockton,Ca
Posts: 2,061
Default

most talented? is he 6'8 250 and can play all 5 position?
ivecenanuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:03 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
stalion2121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 1,970
Default

I collect Jodie Meeks.

I live in KY and live and breathe KY basketball. When he showed up on campus he was laid back and would interact with fans. After games he would stay and sign stuff for me. I wasn't into collecting much then but he made me want to get into it. He put up some amazing numbers here at UK including a 54 pt game against TN. After that game I started saving money up to collect him. I have been collecting him ever since his first cards came on the market.

My obsession with his cards is what some people would consider crazy. Most people try to get one of every card made of that player. I on the other hand try and get as many cards of his as I can. There are some cards of his that I have at least 25 of. There are a few low numbered that I have almost the entire print run of. I add more cards to my collection every day.

I am currently in the process of scanning all these cards and putting them into my photobucket. It will take forever but I would like to show off my collection. Also, I am not investing in him. I am purely a collector. If I was investing then I would be losing a lot of money.

Thanks!
__________________
JODIE MEEKS SUPERCOLLECTOR
PCs: Randall Cobb , Jacob Tamme
Sets (Football): 2008 Press Pass Saturday Sigs
2013 Five Star Signatures
stalion2121 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #37 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
Penny Hardaway - most talented player I have ever seen play the game of basketball
Haha you havent watched basketball in the past 10 years have you?
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #38 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivecenanuff View Post
most talented? is he 6'8 250 and can play all 5 position?
The nba is not what it was in the 90's man...that is a whole other can of worms we could open up.If you are wondering if I think Penny was more talented than Lebron?? Yes I do think that and for the record Penny is 6'7 and could play pg sg and sf but probably could have played of if needed in today's Nba lol.if you think Lebron could have played C in the 90's your nuts!
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:16 AM   #39 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Haha you havent watched basketball in the past 10 years have you?
As if the past 10 years meaning the NBA is at its best or something? GTFO many true basketball fans know the nba was played at a much higher level in the 80's and 90's you know.... When defense was played
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
dasiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
The nba is not what it was in the 90's man...that is a whole other can of worms we could open up.If you are wondering if I think Penny was more talented than Lebron?? Yes I do think that and for the record Penny is 6'7 and could play pg sg and sf but probably could have played of if needed in today's Nba lol.if you think Lebron could have played C in the 90's your nuts!
I think this is a good point. I think Lebron is betterthan Penny... I also think about 15-20 guys in the 90s were and I think Kobe, Durant and a handful of others are today. But the game is way different. Its so much easier for Lebron to get to the hoop without a handcheck... that's a huuuuuge advantage! There are also no Ewings, Mutumbos, Robinsons, Olajuwons, etc. to defend the paint. Even solid defenders like Chandler aren't shot blockers and can't do what the center dominated eras could.

Also, this guys can like whoever he wants, Penny was extremely talented and if healthy, he and Grant Hill might be in a conversation way different than this. That being said, if the comparison is between him and Lebron, its pretty clear who's had a better career and i hate the Heat.
__________________
This is basically my bucket... hop in for high end baseball and bball http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dasiegel
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
dasiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10,823
Default

Also neither of them can play center btw, its a complete stretch for Penny and Lebron might do well in a rare center appearance well just cause he's Lebron and he's that good but he does not have center skills. And cannot post up against Dwight or Chandler or a healthy Bynum let alone guard any center with scoring skills.
__________________
This is basically my bucket... hop in for high end baseball and bball http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dasiegel
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:07 AM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivecenanuff View Post
most talented? is he 6'8 250 and can play all 5 position?
This post is an over exaggeration. Lebron can't play center....I think even the poster realizes that.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Georgia (USA)
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
I've noticed a lot of people on here have a PC player. I think its cool. I don't have one... I mean I have a bunhc of Jordan, Kobe and Ewing but not really a PC guy that I always try to get. I just try to have a diversified high end PC with some 1/1, some logoman, some high end autos and patches etc.

Anyway I'm curious to see who everyone's PC player is, how serious the collection is and also why you collect that player... there are some very strange PC player's on here, lol. Post pics if you'd like but this is more for who and why.
I remember when I was younger in the 1990s I had an album of cards that I tried to sell to a dealer. The only thing that he wanted was the Jordans. A lightbulb went off in my head if that is the only thing that the dealer wants mabey I should start collecting him more.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:22 AM   #44 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
Also neither of them can play center btw, its a complete stretch for Penny and Lebron might do well in a rare center appearance well just cause he's Lebron and he's that good but he does not have center skills. And cannot post up against Dwight or Chandler or a healthy Bynum let alone guard any center with scoring skills.
My iPod did the auto correct I
Want penny might be able to play PF in today's league but am being sarcastic.lebron obviously has and will have a much better career than Penny but thats why I said most talented...Penny was so smooth and was really the only guy I ever seen give pipped and mj fits in the same game consistantly
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:48 AM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
dasiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 10,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
My iPod did the auto correct I
Want penny might be able to play PF in today's league but am being sarcastic.lebron obviously has and will have a much better career than Penny but thats why I said most talented...Penny was so smooth and was really the only guy I ever seen give pipped and mj fits in the same game consistantly
well im sticking up for you on that, everybody is entitles to see someones game and really like it. i really liked mcgradys game in the early 2000s, he wasnt tough mentally but his talents were unreal.
__________________
This is basically my bucket... hop in for high end baseball and bball http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dasiegel
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
As if the past 10 years meaning the NBA is at its best or something? GTFO many true basketball fans know the nba was played at a much higher level in the 80's and 90's you know.... When defense was played
LOL.

lebron is arguably the most talented player to step on the court.

is he the best? or the greatest? probably not but you said 'talented'.

and for you to say penny is the most talented ever is quite honestly the most ridiculous thing ever posted on this site. and that is saying something. i understand you are a penny fan but come on...
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,061
Default

Talent is much harder to guage than actual production. Could Muggsy Bougus, Earl Boykins , or Spud Webb be the most talented and just lacked size....I just feel like this topic is harder to come to a concrete answer.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 12:52 PM   #48 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
LOL.

lebron is arguably the most talented player to step on the court.

is he the best? or the greatest? probably not but you said 'talented'.

and for you to say penny is the most talented ever is quite honestly the most ridiculous thing ever posted on this site. and that is saying something. i understand you are a penny fan but come on...
I strongly disgagree with you (surprise) rediculous? When Michael Jordan retired for the 2nd time in 98 he was quoted saying "the game is in good hands" when asked about Penny being the 2nd comming.At the time Penny was the future of the NBA based on his first 5 years leading up to the ACL tear.Don't talk as if you know the game/history of basketball based on the product that the NBA has been selling you the past decade.I would not expect a 16 yr old kid to have any sort of knowledge on Penny Hardaway and talent.I suppose Reece Gaines is better aswell huh? Why don't you not troll my posts and attempt to delude my oppinion of the player I collect and stick to the OP's topic.Atleast I have a real reason to why I like and collect Penny.Please inform us why it is you collect Reece Gaines again?

Last edited by penny1fan; 12-17-2012 at 12:54 PM.
penny1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny1fan View Post
I strongly disgagree with you (surprise) rediculous? When Michael Jordan retired for the 2nd time in 98 he was quoted saying "the game is in good hands" when asked about Penny being the 2nd comming.At the time Penny was the future of the NBA based on his first 5 years leading up to the ACL tear.Don't talk as if you know the game/history of basketball based on the product that the NBA has been selling you the past decade.I would not expect a 16 yr old kid to have any sort of knowledge on Penny Hardaway and talent.I suppose Reece Gaines is better aswell huh? Why don't you not troll my posts and attempt to delude my oppinion of the player I collect and stick to the OP's topic.Atleast I have a real reason to why I like and collect Penny.Please inform us why it is you collect Reece Gaines again?
LOL.

How many players have been called the 'next great thing'. And how many have actually lived up to anything close to the hype. Maybe two. Kobe and Lebron and they are still trying.

you are right about something. if i were to say the player i collect, reece gaines was the most talented player ever it would be ridiculous. its the same thing with you trying to say penny is the most talented player ever. but i'm just smart enough to not make a silly comment and let my bias opinion overrule logic...

okay back to the topic. go make a new thread asking if penny is the most talented player ever so we can discuss this and see who more people agree with...

i collect gaines because i watched him in college and when i was looking for a player to collect within my budget i know i wanted to try and get some of the best cards (even if it was of a scrub). i also wanted to be known as the world renowed gaines collector
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #50 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
LOL.

How many players have been called the 'next great thing'. And how many have actually lived up to anything close to the hype. Maybe two. Kobe and Lebron and they are still trying.

you are right about something. if i were to say the player i collect, reece gaines was the most talented player ever it would be ridiculous. its the same thing with you trying to say penny is the most talented player ever. but i'm just smart enough to not make a silly comment and let my bias opinion overrule logic...

okay back to the topic. go make a new thread asking if penny is the most talented player ever so we can discuss this and see who more people agree with...

i collect gaines because i watched him in college and when i was looking for a player to collect within my budget i know i wanted to try and get some of the best cards (even if it was of a scrub). i also wanted to be known as the world renowed gaines collector
I would like to see everyone's opinion on most talented player.... Would be very interesting and many different opinions...
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.