Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
Holy crap - to the OP, I'm really sorry to hear all this happened and I hope you get at least some of this stuff back.

To the rest of you - I've literally tried to piece together what Haiku did for the past 20 minutes or so but can't quite figure it out from all the massive threads. He conned several people in high end trades, but what is this I hear about these outrageous giveaways? How did this whole operation go down?

Once again, OP I feel badly for you, you seem like a good guy from what I've seen. Would just be helpful to hear a short synopsis of what happened so others can avoid falling into a similar trap in the future.
He made 2 topics, not one but two topics about Holiday Lots, and guess what they were, mystery lots going for hundreds and some in the thousands, and all the gullible football people fell for this scam. Too bad I don't frequent the football board enough, I wished this guy tried it here on the bball forum, would know he's a scammer right away.
suki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #77 (permalink)

Too many wannabe Colombo's in here. Too many people speak before they know. I know your a good dude who took his eye of the prize and got butt raped for it. I hope you get every single one of your cards back. Keep your head up bro & take it one day at a time. Don't let people ruff your feathers.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #78 (permalink)

damn sucks to hear this - he is probably a scrawny little teenager too

you would win
mos2280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #79 (permalink)

Thanks to everyone again who has made positive comments and PMed me. Even thanks to OJ, I asked him to leave and he did. Seems like most of the people with hateful things to say are just flybys.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #80 (permalink)
Banned

This is getting nuts. I would go check out the main haiku thread. Getting very complicated..,.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
This is getting nuts. I would go check out the main haiku thread. Getting very complicated..,.
What new things have turned up?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #82 (permalink)

Can someone link the official thread of haiku? Sounds like a big scam happened but can't find the details anywhere.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #83 (permalink)

Haiku huh...Damn shame. We all encounter sc*m-bags in this hobby. Many who talk a big game, jerk people around and /or steal..A low life is exactly that. Many pretend to be loyal, honest and even your friend and once trust is "earned" they stab u in the back and sometimes in the front. These people ain't worth spit. The problem is that they know this and do these types of things because they are miserable human beings and/or to make themselves feel better about how pathetic their life really is... Good luck Will, I hope you get your stuff back. You don't owe anything to anyone. All you can do is learn from this and move on.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #84 (permalink)

Damn those are some amazing cards.. Very sorry to hear what happened and hope somehow there's a happy ending. Wish ya luck man!
Krayzie83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:24 AM   #85 (permalink)

Sorry to hear what happened, but wow had no idea this whole thing was going on. That's what I get for just hiding in the basketball forums all the time. Read a few threads to catch up, pretty crazy stuff. Just wow.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:00 AM   #86 (permalink)
Banned

I'm sorry for your loss! If I ever see any of those cards I will let you know! After this, I'm never trading anything over the internet or on forums ever again! I lost a $500.00 Dwight Howard BGS 9.5 and a Wilson Chandler 1/1 before, so I know the feeling! I wish you all the luck in the world, b/c you seem like a great person to me! The ahole that burned you, I hope burns in hell! Take care , I hope that this gets figured out in some way! Stay positive and work hard to get those beauties back!!! Good Luck on your journey bro! -Ryan-

Last edited by puregreen5; 12-19-2012 at 01:03 AM.
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #87 (permalink)

Wow. I remember going through his bucket one day and saw all those cards and assumed they were just some normal cards to him. I would be beyond ticked. I guess the one thing to help you would be some of them being very unique cards or serial numbered so they may turn up. Id be checking ebay to see if any pop up each day.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:18 AM   #88 (permalink)
MSD

I have the Lebron...

edit: the first one
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #89 (permalink)

So no more haiku contest?
benz35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:22 AM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz35 View Post
So no more haiku contest?
That's to say the least.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:26 AM   #91 (permalink)
MSD

This is such a mess, I already filed in my first paypal claim stating that I received this card and am only asking for a partial refund.

The weird thing is that I got this about a month ago, how did he string you along for an entire month without sending anything to you? And why is this thread made today instead of earlier?
Old 12-19-2012, 01:30 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
This is such a mess, I already filed in my first paypal claim stating that I received this card and am only asking for a partial refund.

The weird thing is that I got this about a month ago, how did he string you along for an entire month without sending anything to you? And why is this thread made today instead of earlier?
Well it appears as though him and another guy were both told the cards they were gonna get were currently at Beckett and wouldnt be back until about now. There is no way I would ever make a trade and them not have the supposed card in hand ready to ship. If they didnt have it I'd say let me know when its back form Beckett and then we will talk.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:38 AM   #93 (permalink)
MSD

That would make sense, I guess, but wouldn't they notice that this guy is rapidly selling these cards right after he gets them? What if something goes wrong with Beckett, how will you get your cards back? And the shocking part, is that you would send this quantity and value of cards for an IOU?? Just show me at least solid proof that this is your card and I'll send it back to you expecting that you'll work with me with paypal. I'm sorry if offending you, seems like the troubles are piling on for me and im frustrated to say the least
Old 12-19-2012, 01:43 AM   #94 (permalink)

If I had a stolen card and the owner wanted it back, the card would go back without hesitation. Some cards Haiku sent out for free. I hope you get every single card OP, I really do.
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:48 AM   #95 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Was there ever a transaction thread made where both parties agree to the trade?

Haiku aka The Bernie Madoff of cards lol

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:16 AM   #96 (permalink)
Banned

Also to the people asking for threads as proof, haiku did most of his deals over the phone
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:46 AM   #97 (permalink)

i've been scammed over the years multiple times. Each time you get owned, u learn a little bit more. But sometimes its just out of your control. Man i remember i got scammed out of like $1,000 when i was still in high school over selling of a world of warcraft account.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:14 AM   #98 (permalink)

If I was trading that much high end stuff by mail with my own mother, i would use a mod as an escrow!

I am genuinely curious what he could have offered you to trade away that much inventory...

Good luck getting your stuff back bro

Just give me a heads up, I'll crap the booze out, have a mint, good to go.
davidsemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #99 (permalink)

Sorry Fraser. If there is one thing I truly despise, it is scammers. That P.O.S. will get what's coming to him (cold hard steel and concrete...oh and possibly a new friend named "Big Bubba").
Old 12-19-2012, 06:54 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I can understand if all the other boards you have one feedback.... I'm sure many others had one transaction go well I personally know based on your attitude I would never trade with you.
winner winner chicken dinner ^^^
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote