Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,716
Default

I dunno...I'm stuck on the fence.

It was a horribly stupid decision by the OP...just dumbfounding.

Yet the card is technically stolen property...

It's a sticky wicket as our UK friends might say...
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
Fraser9698's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: @FraserMemGroup
Posts: 3,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Fraser, do you expect to make a mistake like this and have everyone else pay the price for your mistake?

What did you threaten him with?

Intimidation is against the law as well.

On thate note!!, I was scammed for $14k a few years back. I think some of these cards were mine from back then, therefore they probably belong to me as well!!

You have no place in this discussion, if I've got some cards that were once yours and you were scammed for them PM me with proof of which ones they were and I'll send them back to you.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:02 PM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
patchgenie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: texas
Posts: 2,508
Default

so is the seller on ebay that broncomanning guy i remember someone saying he was selling "enlargement" pills.
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
Fraser9698's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: @FraserMemGroup
Posts: 3,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I dunno...I'm stuck on the fence.

It was a horribly stupid decision by the OP...just dumbfounding.

Yet the card is technically stolen property...

It's a sticky wicket as our UK friends might say...
Horribly stupid is an understatement.

He went immediately into defense mode when I asked him about him selling it over on HK, which prompted me to bring up the legality of the situation.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
Fraser9698's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: @FraserMemGroup
Posts: 3,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
so is the seller on ebay that broncomanning guy i remember someone saying he was selling "enlargement" pills.
Broncos sold two of them on his Ebay account and we came to an agreement to split the losses since we were in similar situations. Very noble thing of him to do.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:17 PM   #131 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post
You have no place in this discussion, if I've got some cards that were once yours and you were scammed for them PM me with proof of which ones they were and I'll send them back to you.
What proof do you want? Ill find 5 people that will confirm I once had a card . Ill give you a generic scan of it. Thus making it mine. Add the story it got stolen and now I found it with you. Tada! Plausible enough to take it away from you? Exactly what you're doing.

So technically what you are doing is an Idle threat! I know you want to kick me out of this thread because you are strong arming innocent people into taking the loss for your mistake. I called you out for this right in page 1.

Jess you really want advice? Read that link in page 1 that I posted. When the police call, dont be afraid. Tell them exactly how you bought the card and how much you paid. Do not be afraid of the law. Most people use it to intimidate you because you dont know the law. For all we know he already has that Lebron RPA and is double dipping.

THe first and most important question that needs to be answered... Did you buy the card "Knowing full well it was stolen?" yes or no. If your answer is No, then you are cleared of any wrongdoing.

I urge you to get legal advice if someone wants to sue you. Talk to the police as well.

Its truly frusrating to watch innocent people get ripped off by people who make the mistakes. So whats happening here is Fraser being a bone head goes and get himself ripped off. Now he wants other people to pay for his mistakes. How is this close to being fair? Jess loses $2k while Fraser gets free handouts for being naive and making mistakes. Utterly disgusting.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 01-24-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:26 PM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
Fraser9698's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: @FraserMemGroup
Posts: 3,749
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
What proof do you want? Ill find 5 people that will confirm I once had a card . Ill give you a generic scan of it. Thus making it mine. Add the story it got stolen and now I found it with you. Tada! Plausible enough to take it away from you? Exactly what you're doing.

So technically what you are doing is an Idle threat! I know you want to kick me out of this thread because you are strong arming innocent people into taking the loss for your mistake. I called you out for this right in page 1.

Jess you really want advice? Read that link in page 1 that I posted. When the police call, dont be afraid. Tell them exactly how you bought the card and how much you paid. Do not be afraid of the law. Most people use it to intimidate you because you dont know the law.

THe first and most important question that needs to be answered... Did you buy the card "Knowing full well it was stolen?" yes or no. If your answer is No, then you are cleared of any wrongdoing.

I urge you to get legal advice if someone wants to sue you. Talk to the police as well.
You are correct. This is all a big scam, that I orchestrated.

I ask you to leave because this board is a giant flame war to you dominated by your one sided views. I also encourage him to seek legal advice as I don't(nor anyone here) know how to decipher the laws of receiving stolen property in the state where he's from. Multiple people have contacted me with these cards and not one(well...maybe one now) will tell you I tried to intimidate them into anything. Intimidation is your move, bubba.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #133 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post
You are correct. This is all a big scam, that I orchestrated.

I ask you to leave because this board is a giant flame war to you dominated by your one sided views. I also encourage him to seek legal advice as I don't(nor anyone here) know how to decipher the laws of receiving stolen property in the state where he's from. Multiple people have contacted me with these cards and not one(well...maybe one now) will tell you I tried to intimidate them into anything. Intimidation is your move, bubba.
So whos going to pay for their losses since your seem to think you can get a free ride from your mistakes by chasing down other people.

He lost 2k to Haiku. What do you suggest he does? Chase Haiku?

You lost your card to Haiku? Why dont you chase him as well.

Pure dirty. You want others to pay for your mistakes. This guy went public because you threatened him in pm. Otherwise this was a stale thread for a long time. So when you dont get your way, you threaten him.

You need to eat your loss. At the end of the day YOU made the mistake, why should anyone else suffer?

Can you prove that you never got paid by Haiku for the cards you sent him? For all we know you got paid for them and now want them back because of the fall out.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
Fraser9698's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: @FraserMemGroup
Posts: 3,749
Default

Thank you for the input
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:37 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
JK8283's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 1,139
Default

I don't care about the rest of the situation, it is point blank against the law to deal in known stolen goods. Sucks that the OP would have to remind people of this, but those are the facts.
__________________
Collecting Jordan & DRose
JK8283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #136 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

I got ripped off and you own stolen goods that I owned once as well. Point black its against the law for you sell any cards that dont belong to you eventhough you say they do.

Do yourself a favor and go to the police Fraser. Stop coming on the boards to threaten people. Do it through the courts and police. NOT HERE.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:47 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
SPauthentic84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PA
Posts: 6,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
I don't care about the rest of the situation, it is point blank against the law to deal in known stolen goods. Sucks that the OP would have to remind people of this, but those are the facts.
+1

I dont think Will ever had the intention of bullying anyone or getting the law involved, despite what OJ thinks.

Jess could have handled it better by not losing his cool. At the end of the day, legally he has stolen goods (he is aware it is stolen now) and that is what matters. If he handled himself with maturity it doesnt turn into a flame war, rather two mature men making the best out of a rotten situation.
__________________
*Photobucket: let me know if you like anything. http://s1114.photobucket.com/user/Marsili84/library/Harder%20To%20Get%20Stuff?sort=4&page=1

*Looking for Pistol Pete Maravich Autographs or other rare HOFers
SPauthentic84 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
I got ripped off and you own stolen goods that I owned once as well. Point black its against the law for you sell any cards that dont belong to you eventhough you say they do.

Do yourself a favor and go to the police Fraser. Stop coming on the boards to threaten people. Do it through the courts and police. NOT HERE.

After all these and the big amount involved, OP has not filed a police report? OP needs to file a police report to really has a claim on the cards. If not, anyone can claim they lost a card and bash the new owner for no reason.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
I don't care about the rest of the situation, it is point blank against the law to deal in known stolen goods. Sucks that the OP would have to remind people of this, but those are the facts.
OP needs to prove the cards are really stolen first. Then the stolen property part kicks in.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:51 PM   #140 (permalink)
Member
 
Fraser9698's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: @FraserMemGroup
Posts: 3,749
Default

There *is* a police report for anyone wondering....

Last edited by Fraser9698; 01-24-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #141 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPauthentic84 View Post
+1

I dont think Will ever had the intention of bullying anyone or getting the law involved, despite what OJ thinks.

Jess could have handled it better by not losing his cool. At the end of the day, legally he has stolen goods (he is aware it is stolen now) and that is what matters. If he handled himself with maturity it doesnt turn into a flame war, rather two mature men making the best out of a rotten situation.
Mature way is to man up to your mistakes and take the loss. Not chasing down others to regain your losses and leaving them with a loss because you intially made the mistake.

Thats the difference here. Wanting a free ride for being dumb is not the way to go about it. All this is transferring losses to those who never made the msitake while those who did make a fools mistake getting to benefit from it.

What is happening here is fraser made the mistake. Now he is trying to find people to pay for his mistakes as he expect them to take the loss while he gets back everything. Go find right in that.

IF this is a police matter, why arent the police contacting him and not fraser himself?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Mature way is to man up to your mistakes and take the loss. Not chasing down others to regain your losses and leaving them with a loss because you intially made the mistake.

Thats the difference here. Wanting a free ride for being dumb is not the way to go about it. All this is transferring losses to those who never made the msitake while those who did make a fools mistake getting to benefit from it.

What is happening here is fraser made the mistake. Now he is trying to find people to pay for his mistakes as he expect them to take the loss while he gets back everything. Go find right in that.

IF this is a police matter, why arent the police contacting him and not fraser himself?
I think Fraser should contact the police and advise them where some of the stolen cards are and let them take it from there. He can let the new owner know about the cards being stolen but it's not right if he is threatening the new owenr with anything.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
I think Fraser should contact the police and advise them where some of the stolen cards are and let them take it from there. He can let the new owner know about the cards being stolen but it's not right if he is threatening the new owenr with anything.
I agree. Let the police do it since you filed a report. This is out of your hands. If anyone is going to enforce the law, its the cops. No sense in pmming people and hooking them. If you know who has your stuff why dont you contact the investigative team instead of going after them yourself?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:43 PM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
bradyjames's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 460
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JK8283 View Post
I don't care about the rest of the situation, it is point blank against the law to deal in known stolen goods. Sucks that the OP would have to remind people of this, but those are the facts.


I agree.


With our laws, it is the one that has the stolen goods in their possesion that have to give them up.


I just want to say Will is somebody I have dealt with on purchases numerous times and he has always been honest with me.


I know those cards were part of Will's PC and that Haiku dangled the one card out in front of Will that would have made him trade those cards.
bradyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Bringing this for page 1 for informational purpose since it seems to have gone over some peoples head.

What is Receiving Stolen Property?

Keep in mind, the keyword here is "Knowingly buys stolen goods"

Quote:
"Receiving stolen goods is generally buying or acquiring the possession of property knowing (or believing in some jurisdictions) that it had been obtained through theft, embezzlement, larceny, or extortion by someone else. The crime is separate from the crime of stealing the property. To be convicted, the receiver must know the goods were stolen at the time he receives them and had the intent to aid the thief. Paying for the goods or intending to collect the reward for returning them are not defenses. Depending on the value of the property received, receiving-stolen-property is either a misdemeanor or a felony.
NOTE:

Quote:
To be convicted, the receiver must know the goods were stolen at the time he receives them and had the intent to aid the thief.
Let the cops handle it. They will ask that question. Did you know the card was stolen when you bought it? The answer is NO. Even Fraser didnt know it was stolen when Haiku sold it!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #146 (permalink)
Member
 
hche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Bringing this for page 1 for informational purpose since it seems to have gone over some peoples head.

What is Receiving Stolen Property?

Keep in mind, the keyword here is "Knowingly buys stolen goods"



NOTE:



Let the cops handle it. They will ask that question. Did you know the card was stolen when you bought it? The answer is NO. Even Fraser didnt know it was stolen when Haiku sold it!!
I don't think we are talking about the buyers being charged at receiving stolen property. 99.99% sure they will not be charged (unless the cops find otherwise). The question is whether they need to return those property because they are stolen. Only the court can decide that.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
I don't think we are talking about the buyers being charged at receiving stolen property. 99.99% sure they will not be charged (unless the cops find otherwise). The question is whether they need to return those property because they are stolen. Only the court can decide that.
Yep. It would have to go to court. But the cops will make a decision and its up to the other person to contest it in court if they dont agree.

Just like fighting a traffic ticket. You get tagged, you pay the fine or take it to court. A judge will make his decision based on the information provided. If it comes to court, and you found to be negligent but with no knowledge of theft prior to purchase, it all freezes up till they find the culprit of theft. its a dumb cycle and nothing ever happens. Or atleast from the examples Ive seen.

Thats why to Jess, dont get scared when someone says the cops will be after you. You have done nothing wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess0304 View Post
Now this guy is telling me I should give him a card back THAT I BOUGHT FROM HAIKU and threatening me he is going to the police. There are lots of people that BOUGHT THESE, got NO REFUND, and were not given them as gifts.
That highlighted part is what I dontl like. Instead of informing the person, why didnt fraser just go to the cops instead of coming directly to him? Unless of course there is no recourse of action and the only way to get back the cards is to strong arm the person into believing something through fear!! Any law official will tell you to let them handle it., not doing it yourself.

Last edited by Orangejello727; 01-24-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:03 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,253
Default

Here is the bottom line.....the bottom line is all fraser's cards were sold and he knew they were being sold. fraser was pumping up all the mystery lots that were being sold, fraser knew haiku was selling these cards. So with that being said, should we have been omnipotent and know haiku was going to do this? FRASER KNEW THESE CARDS WERE BEING SOLD AND IF HE WAS SO CONCERNED HE SHOULD'VE POSTED ABOUT IT THEN!

With that being said, NO ONE bought these cards knowing what haiku would do, and no one that bought the cards has any responsibility. If they WON the cards in a contest, then its a different story and maybe return them. but people that PAID for these cards did nothing wrong.

This is the last time I will discuss this. The person that should he held responsible is haiku, not people that LEGITIMATELY bought these and paid for them.
__________________
Collecting baseball colored prospect autos, HOF autos in all sports (prefer on card), sp legendary cut auto, damian lillard autos.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/albums/y518/jess030479/
jess0304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #149 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post
Horribly stupid is an understatement.

He went immediately into defense mode when I asked him about him selling it over on HK, which prompted me to bring up the legality of the situation.

STOP LYING! i did not get defensive! I simply said that I prefer HK for basketball because people pay better, and there seem to be more "COLLECTORS" there rather than people looking for a flip.

Have you seen these cards?

How can you say in this post that you KNOW NO ONE KNEW WHAT HAPPENED AND YOU DON'T EXPECT CARDS BACK FROM PEOPLE.

But you threaten me with calling the police?

BOTTOM LINE IS YOU GOT SCAMMED AND YOU WANT SOMEONE ELSE TO PAY FOR YOUR MISTAKE OF SENDING A GUY YOU NEVER MET 10K WORTH OF CARDS, WATCHED HIM SELL THEM, AND THEN DISAPPEAR.

Its really really a shame what happened to EVERYONE. But move on and get over it.
__________________
Collecting baseball colored prospect autos, HOF autos in all sports (prefer on card), sp legendary cut auto, damian lillard autos.

http://s1278.photobucket.com/albums/y518/jess030479/
jess0304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
Fraser9698's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: @FraserMemGroup
Posts: 3,749
Default

Care respond to my pm about your card being moved to the gone portion of your bucket? I dont think anybody here wants to keep reading this. Was it sold?
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/416130-my-cards-were-taken-please-help.html
Posted By For Type Date
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Picked up this LeBron MOJO earlier today at my LCS.... This thread Refback 04-08-2013 04:19 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Picked up this LeBron MOJO earlier today at my LCS.... This thread Refback 03-03-2013 02:05 PM
Possible LeBron James AUTO For Trade.... This thread Refback 03-03-2013 11:53 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Picked up this LeBron MOJO earlier today at my LCS.... This thread Refback 03-02-2013 07:43 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Picked up this LeBron MOJO earlier today at my LCS.... This thread Refback 03-02-2013 12:02 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Picked up this LeBron MOJO earlier today at my LCS.... This thread Refback 03-01-2013 10:38 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Picked up this LeBron MOJO earlier today at my LCS.... This thread Refback 03-01-2013 10:12 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.