Blowout Cards Forums
This Just In

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishphood318 View Post
Ummm all I was stating is the guy who #@#@#@#@ed everyone over on this site about month later was asking me if I would send my super expensive card first. So if I would have believed everyone on this site that haiku is such a great member and so trustworthy I could have possibly fallen in his trap like others. Never said it was the same situation but I just thought it was funny he was the first to ask if I would send first. I said no I get it. But look what happened to other people who said yes but I was the #@#@#@#@#@#@#@ in my post who doesn't trust anyone on the Internet. I think I have good reason to feel that way. Because trust got a lot of people screwed over in the worst way on this site.
Brother. I think you are taking it way too serious. I don't think anyone in your thread actually believe in their heart that you should send a15k card first. They were just joking around since you had 0 feedback rating at the time and came in with this huuuge card. That's all.

Collecting Bulls Players 3 Color GU Patch Cards.
thecomebacker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #177 (permalink)

hey man! I thought i remember the card before. and i was right here it is.

16/50 Lebron inscription here.

HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Picked up this LeBron MOJO earlier today at my LCS....
GoldenBoy23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #178 (permalink)

i would assume he doesnt know the history of the card, hes posted this pick up on multiple forums.
pingbling23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:26 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
i would assume he doesnt know the history of the card, hes posted this pick up on multiple forums.
yep.... and this is going to hurt when he finds out
Can't even trust LCS shops now...
But then again i doubt they would have known about its history....
Hegotgame15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:34 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegotgame15 View Post
yep.... and this is going to hurt when he finds out
Can't even trust LCS shops now...
But then again i doubt they would have known about its history....
but the good thing is, if he got it from a lcs, they should have a record of where they got it from. should make it alot easier to backtrack.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #181 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingbling23 View Post
what other sites? im only a member on BO.HK and Oz. lol
GoldenBoy23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:23 AM   #182 (permalink)

hk and beckett that i know of.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:04 AM   #183 (permalink)

The John Wall is on blowout too or did you end up making a deal with Bronco to sell it?

FT - John Wall National Treasures RAP /99 SICK PATCH

Collecting Contenders QB Autos (Selling these off, lost count), Bryce Harper, and Kyrie Irving - PLEASE don't ship to me in a PWE.
adamt326 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #184 (permalink)
Banned

Hey guys. Got some heads up on what had happened. Unfortunate yes. I will notify my LCS about it. Pretty sure he is as clueless as i was and still am. Here is the card i bought from that store .

I have been a loyal member and a friend on multiple sites. I have never tried or knowingly bought "hot" cards...i just find this to be one of those things you hear happen to fellow members and the tail end of some of it lands on my lap out of no where....lo lcrazy!!!!

Last edited by mickey7mantle7; 03-02-2013 at 03:22 PM.
mickey7mantle7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:50 AM   #185 (permalink)
Banned

Got a good memory so I'll keep a look out for you...

Possible LeBron James AUTO For Trade....

Lebron 16/50 good luck
YoungCub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungCub View Post
Got a good memory so I'll keep a look out for you...

Possible LeBron James AUTO For Trade....

Lebron 16/50 good luck
Yeah...those of us that are members of multiple forums, have seen that Lebron posted FT.

I NOW ONLY SHIP TO THE U.S.
got_watcha_want is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #187 (permalink)
Banned

I contacted the owner of the card shop i bought it from here in town....he said some guy came in and traded it in for some boxes of cards. Said he didnt exactly remember who.

Now he is aware at least.

I posted this originially on the beckett forums having not known this of course..

If this is all so true; was there ever a police report filed.

Last edited by mickey7mantle7; 03-04-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #188 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by got_watcha_want View Post
Yeah...those of us that are members of multiple forums, have seen that Lebron posted FT.
Yea...you've seen it posted by me. It's not like I'm not known on other sites...lol

Think i would post stolen crap on "multiple" sites in hopes of others not knowing? C'mon guy, think about the things you say and who I am...
Old 03-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #189 (permalink)

This situation sucks. I'm fairly certain if you buy stolen property and an official police report is filed, the person in possession of the property must give it back. Seems like its true even across state lines.

But, I was watching Pawn Stars the other day and they had bought a stolen coin. They were going to have to give it back to its true owner but the owner had it insured and was compensated for the coin. Because the original owner was compensated, they were able to keep the coin.

My advise to the OP if he hasn't already is to contact your police department, possibly the FBI and file something official before the statute of limitations runs out. Or hopefully they were insured and you have already been compensated in which people should keep the cards.
My Pogoplug Bucket: http://ppl.ug/M_eeh-V4TY0/
pitterchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitterchi View Post
This situation sucks. I'm fairly certain if you buy stolen property and an official police report is filed, the person in possession of the property must give it back. Seems like its true even across state lines.

But, I was watching Pawn Stars the other day and they had bought a stolen coin. They were going to have to give it back to its true owner but the owner had it insured and was compensated for the coin. Because the original owner was compensated, they were able to keep the coin.

My advise to the OP if he hasn't already is to contact your police department, possibly the FBI and file something official. Or hopefully they were insured and you have already been compensated in which people should keep the cards.
These were my exact thoughts but didn't want to be that guy, .
Old 03-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
These were my exact thoughts but didn't want to be that guy, .
LOL, I guess I'm that guy.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:

My advise to the OP if he hasn't already is to contact your police department, possibly the FBI and file something official before the statute of limitations runs out. Or hopefully they were insured and you have already been compensated in which people should keep the cards.
We've been in contact and he bought the thing unknowingly and me getting it back would be essentially ripping him out of the money he paid for it. I will not screw an innocent guy over for a $500 card. Do I want it back? Yes....but I'm not about to do essentially the same thing that happened to me to get it. My mistake and he shouldn't have to pay for it. Now if he paid paypal, PP could reimburse his money after seeing a police report, but it wasn't.

Thanks to everyone who has send me leads/given me heads up on things that have popped up.
Fraser9698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #193 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post
We've been in contact and he bought the thing unknowingly and me getting it back would be essentially ripping him out of the money he paid for it. I will not screw an innocent guy over for a $500 card. Do I want it back? Yes....but I'm not about to do essentially the same thing that happened to me to get it. My mistake and he shouldn't have to pay for it. Now if he paid paypal, PP could reimburse his money after seeing a police report, but it wasn't.

Thanks to everyone who has send me leads/given me heads up on things that have popped up.
Thanks Fraser...it's actually 550. Lol

Did u ever find out where the other cards were or just this one?
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:

The choice is yours. I think you'll get good karma for that. I don't think many would take this route. Props to you.

Props to Mickey7Mantle7 too, he didn't try to hide and did the right thing.

These types of people give me hope!
Old 03-05-2013, 08:42 PM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
The choice is yours. I think you'll get good karma for that. I don't think many would take this route. Props to you.

His reaction is what sold it for me....had he gone into a defensive fit about it and accused a bunch of stuff then I'd have probably been a little more harsh but he was calm and collected the whole time and tried to help so....not putting him through that. Seems like a good guy who made and honest mistake and I can live with that.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #196 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Thanks pitterchi...means a lot.

By the way, i have some RG3 RC cards if interested? No autos, but one is a black refractor #'d 299

Thanks and lmk if u need or want a link to my bucket
Old 03-05-2013, 08:45 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey7mantle7 View Post
Thanks Fraser...it's actually 550. Lol

Did u ever find out where the other cards were or just this one?
I have recieved back the two Durants and a Lebron Inkscription. The Wall and Lebron King James were sold by broncosmanning who was nice enough to cut a deal with me on those so we both didnt take total losses.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:

Bravo
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 PM   #199 (permalink)
Banned

If we worked something out then what would u have in mind? I can give this back to the LCS a day long and get my 475 back, but that wouldnt do you any good because he'd resell it regardless I'm sure and i'd be out a Lebron auto...so,

If we can come up with something so both sides are happy, I'd be more than happy to of course.

If you are fine without after everything then cool too....