Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

Arrow My cards that were taken...please help

Guys, this is my attempt to recover some of the cards that were taken, please keep this civil . I know the INKscriptions were given to another member here, just cant remember who and the Wall is currently on Ebay(messaged the seller). I think he took a lot of the stuff and gave it away. If you know who has them or have been given any of these cards that were taken from me in this mess, I would really like them back. Most of these cards were strictly PC other than to trade up for a certain few cards. If you look at my bucket now, I have 0 Lebrons so he got literally all of them. Please PM me with any information...I will pay for a return fee. Lebron ROY is in a BGA 9 and Durant chrono is in a 8.5 case.

***if by some rare instance I actually do recover some of these, and I get my card I was promised in trade, I will send them back to the rightful owners.***

Thank you to anyone who helps me. I'm pretty shellshocked right now at all of this...can't believe someone could steal my cards that I worked my ass of to pay for. Just very flustered and confused right now.
Fraser9698 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

You should go through the police to make all this official.

What happens if a person has one of these cards and paid money for it? WHat happens to their loss?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Holy crap dude. That blows. I'll keep an eye out. Good luck on your journey.
sportscardbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You should go through the police to make all this official.

What happens if a person has one of these cards and paid money for it? WHat happens to their loss?
Well, if the owner's card was stolen, then was sold to someone else. In reality, the new owner now has a stolen property (even he has no knowledge of it). By law, the new owner needs to return the stolen property to the rightful owner. The new owner needs to go after the theif for his/her loss.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Was this stolen stolen or haiku stolen?
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

how were these "STOLEN" ?
cobbcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Well, if the owner's card was stolen, then was sold to someone else. In reality, the new owner now has a stolen property (even he has no knowledge of it). By law, the new owner needs to return the stolen property to the rightful owner. The new owner needs to go after the theif for his/her loss.
Thats call intimidation and misinformation. I urge you to go to the Police and find out more information on this. Thats not how it works.

Let the courts and police handle it. If the owner of these cards bought them no knowing they were stolen, he pleads negligent. The police will track down the point of theft. The owner of these cards will be filed into a report and once solved and resolved in court will either be told to keep it, give it back once they find out the point of theft, thereafter giving him access to sue for the loss.

This is why im urging him to do go to the Police and file a claim. That way no one here is misled into thinking they are going to jail for owning stolen property all because someone on the internet said so.

Here are the links I provided earlier.

What is Receiving Stolen Property?

Keep in mind, the keyword here is "Knowingly buys stolen goods"

Quote:
"Receiving stolen goods is generally buying or acquiring the possession of property knowing (or believing in some jurisdictions) that it had been obtained through theft, embezzlement, larceny, or extortion by someone else. The crime is separate from the crime of stealing the property. To be convicted, the receiver must know the goods were stolen at the time he receives them and had the intent to aid the thief. Paying for the goods or intending to collect the reward for returning them are not defenses. Depending on the value of the property received, receiving-stolen-property is either a misdemeanor or a felony.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Fail attempt of a thread . Jk

Edit: Are these really stolen? Thought u were just mocking the Haiku buzzz, but by ur comments it sounds like u did lose these cards. best of luck to you

Last edited by lakernation10; 12-18-2012 at 03:50 PM.
lakernation10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Broncomanning18 got the wall if I remember correctly. That's an absolute shame. One LeBron inscription went in a 700+ mystery lot because he was trying to get me to buy it.

The Lebron/MJ was purchased by saketm92. Not sure he got it though.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

What did Haiku promise you back in return for these cards?

And why would you have sent out first to him? Especially a lot of this size?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

This is why I don't trade anything worth more than about $20 on here.. You are literally at the mercy of some random guy to really send what you traded for, otherwise he robs you of your $500 card.. Good luck man I feel bad for you it sucks you lost all those. Hopefully you can get them back or the police can solve it.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

98% sure saketm got the 8.5 durant and Lebron chrono as well. Not sure if he RECIEVED them, because Haiku stiffed him about $5k
Old 12-18-2012, 03:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

People are expecting their cards back from this ordeal for free. I wonder if they also ready to pay others back for the money they lost through paypal? It would on be fair.

Why would those who did deals and lost out get free cards back while someone shorted $5k in a deal have to eat his losses?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
People are expecting their cards back from this ordeal for free. I wonder if they also ready to pay others back for the money they lost through paypal? It would on be fair.

Why would those who did deals and lost out get free cards back while someone shorted $5k in a deal have to eat his losses?
I have confidence the PayPal deals will get sorted out. I got refunded already.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post
I have confidence the PayPal deals will get sorted out. I got refunded already.
Thats the scary part. Paypal will refund these guys and they will get their cards back for free as well. Talk about win win. You get back $10k in cards, and $10k in paypal as well. Good day for some!!

For example: Member has 2 of these cards. He is expected to send back the cards and take the loss? What about his loss? Anyone going to reimburse him the money he is out?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
Was this stolen stolen or haiku stolen?
It's the Haiku situation, I figured everyone would assume that since it's been such a hot topic lately.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Thats call intimidation and misinformation. I urge you to go to the Police and find out more information on this. Thats not how it works.

Let the courts and police handle it. If the owner of these cards bought them no knowing they were stolen, he pleads negligent. The police will track down the point of theft. The owner of these cards will be filed into a report and once solved and resolved in court will either be told to keep it, give it back once they find out the point of theft, thereafter giving him access to sue for the loss.

This is why im urging him to do go to the Police and file a claim. That way no one here is misled into thinking they are going to jail for owning stolen property all because someone on the internet said so.

Here are the links I provided earlier.

What is Receiving Stolen Property?

Keep in mind, the keyword here is "Knowingly buys stolen goods"
I didn't say the new owner will be crminally charged (that's what your link is referring to). I was just saying he probably will need to return the property if the original owner still wants it. The most likely scenario is just like what you said, police will take possesstion, goes to court, and court will decide what to do with the property.
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to sblez

I am so sorry for this. These are some great cards and I hope you some how get these cards back.
PM ME ABOUT ANDREW LUCK CARDS!!!
sblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:

You need to understand the situation before you start talking about it. These cards were not sold they were sent in a trade, so there is no PayPal to have my back. Nowhere in my original post did I say I wanted the cards back from someone who paid for them, it was directed at those who had been given them(which I know he did with a bunch of stuff that he stole).
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

i am so confused, how were these stolen, did you send to a guy in a trade or for cash? if its through paypal you are protected and if its something where you send that kind of value to someone you didn't know... oof.

Don't be so hard on me, I'm already a Knick fan!
dasiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:

It was the Lebron that he had in his avatar forever. He had higher itrader than me so I send first. I was going to send these cards, then when he got the Lebron back from Beckett he was going to send that to me, then I was to make the final payment on the amount we agreed upon.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:49 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
i am so confused, how were these stolen, did you send to a guy in a trade or for cash? if its through paypal you are protected and if its something where you send that kind of value to someone you didn't know... oof.
It was a trade, and I had multiple phone conversation with him before sending anything as I do before any high end trade.

Once again...this is a thread for me trying to get my cards that were given away back. It was not intended to start arguments about trading practices. Thank you.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraser9698 View Post
You need to understand the situation before you start talking about it. These cards were not sold they were sent in a trade, so there is no PayPal to have my back. Nowhere in my original post did I say I wanted the cards back from someone who paid for them, it was directed at those who had been given them(which I know he did with a bunch of stuff that he stole).
I understand the situation. My issue isnt with you. Issue is with people sending idle threats of prison time for not sending cards back that they paid for and didnt know about them being stolen.

Again, maybe you need to file with the Police? Have you done this yet? This way you can document everything given back and if anything is sent, that you know what to do with it.

And since we are trying to get things back. You know any way of me getting back $7k that I was scammed out of a couple of years ago?

You make the mistake and the rest of us have to pay for it?
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

where's the back story on this situation? i'm not sure what's going on here.

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 03:50 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:

Yea, agreeing with OJ here. WTF did Haiku promised to send you in return for all those super high-end cards in your PC? Thats like 50% of you PC!!! Thats Crazy!

Also, can you explain this thread where you responded to a Haiku KD giveaway thread before Haiku even posted the card and the pic??? (at the best case scenerio, I think he gave you a "head-ups" on some of these "quick sale/ giveaways to earn your trust......and at worst....who knows.). Please note, I am not accusing you one way or the other....but I think you have some explaining to do before members help get your cards back for you.

Lolwut...things (actual evidence) that don't make sense about the situation...

Collecting Bulls Players 3 Color GU Patch Cards.
thecomebacker is offline   Reply With Quote