Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 04:43 PM   #301 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
do celtics fans think ainge would get rid or pierce or garnett?
I believe if KG agreed to it (longshot) and Ainge got the right pieces back (unlikely) any player could be moved. I do not believe he will actively shop either of those guys. More likely he will stick to the plan of acquiring a different type of SG (Redick) and/or add a big like Gortat. Ultimately I think he holds firm and lets other guys develop with Rondo's minutes. Guys will have more trade value in the offseason and more options will be on the table.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:47 PM   #302 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
I believe if KG agreed to it (longshot) and Ainge got the right pieces back (unlikely) any player could be moved. I do not believe he will actively shop either of those guys. More likely he will stick to the plan of acquiring a different type of SG (Redick) and/or add a big like Gortat. Ultimately I think he holds firm and lets other guys develop with Rondo's minutes. Guys will have more trade value in the offseason and more options will be on the table.
I could probably understand kg but pierce would be crazy. A life long Celtic with some nice history.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:54 PM   #303 (permalink)

Quote:
I could probably understand kg but pierce would be crazy. A life long Celtic with some nice history.
Unfortunately in sports you have to do what is best for the franchise now and in the future. Red had some bad luck near the end of the Bird, Mchale, Parrish, era but also acknowledged that turning down some trade offers and holding on to those guys out of loyalty ended up crippling the team for a decade.

I think moving Pierce is very unlikely but if some GM comes along and offers a high draft pick, a young prospect, and some sort of cap flexibility you have to think about it. Again I think that is highly unlikely though. I am guessing you see Rondo, Pierce, and KG back to start next season with a different supporting cast.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #304 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Unfortunately in sports you have to do what is best for the franchise now and in the future. Red had some bad luck near the end of the Bird, Mchale, Parrish, era but also acknowledged that turning down some trade offers and holding on to those guys out of loyalty ended up crippling the team for a decade.

I think moving Pierce is very unlikely but if some GM comes along and offers a high draft pick, a young prospect, and some sort of cap flexibility you have to think about it. Again I think that is highly unlikely though. I am guessing you see Rondo, Pierce, and KG back to start next season with a different supporting cast.
I understand that if something great came along they would probably be so tempted. But I think it would be so hard for the Celtics, the fans and Pierce. Would really be crazy.

I wonder if KG will be back? Maybe he will retire? I guess a lot could depend on the rest of this season.

I think Rondo was the best trade bait to really blow it up but you can't really trade the guy when hes hurt. But if they do just come back with rondo, pierce and kg is it really going to be any different then this season?

the more i think about it i would maybe move garnett. try to keep bradley, green, pierce and rondo but everyone else up for picking...i dont really know if that would even work (money wise) but i think that would be ideal for the current situation
Old 01-29-2013, 05:06 PM   #305 (permalink)

Quote:
But if they do just come back with rondo, pierce and kg is it really going to be any different then this season?
Really depends on what the rest of the team looks like. Find a guy (or 2) that can hit 3's and another Big to backup and play alongside KG and the Celtics would be in business. Those have been major issues this season.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #306 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Really depends on what the rest of the team looks like. Find a guy (or 2) that can hit 3's and another Big to backup and play alongside KG and the Celtics would be in business. Those have been major issues this season.
agreed but isnt that why they brought in terry kept bass and got some other pieces. yes they are underachieving but you can never predict how a someone will play.

its almost like to guarantee some type of change (if thats what you want) you got to just blow it up
Old 01-29-2013, 05:18 PM   #307 (permalink)

they can't just trade pierce and kg unless they get some nice YOUNG pieces in return. it would be a rebuild if you traded those 2.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #308 (permalink)

Quote:
agreed but isnt that why they brought in terry kept bass and got some other pieces. yes they are underachieving but you can never predict how a someone will play.

its almost like to guarantee some type of change (if thats what you want) you got to just blow it up
That is definitely why they brought in Terry and he just has not fit well in the system, which does happen with some players.

Ultimately I believe sometimes small changes can make a big difference and the Celtics are not as far away as some people. Getting that right mix of players is not easy though and the margin for error is smaller because KG & Pierce are 30 minute per game players now.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #309 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
That is definitely why they brought in Terry and he just has not fit well in the system, which does happen with some players.

Ultimately I believe sometimes small changes can make a big difference and the Celtics are not as far away as some people. Getting that right mix of players is not easy though and the margin for error is smaller because KG & Pierce are 30 minute per game players now.
i wonder if terry will start to play better that rondo is not playing and he will probably get more minutes and have the ball more in his hands.
Old 01-29-2013, 06:06 PM   #310 (permalink)

Quote:
i wonder if terry will start to play better that rondo is not playing and he will probably get more minutes and have the ball more in his hands.
I expect Terry and Lee to both play better. The offense is going to be a simplified spread system and I think they will operate better within that.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:37 PM   #311 (permalink)

Nice win over helpless Kings last night. Now we get all the ball has never moved so well crap that Rondo didn't play.
Tried listening Holly and Big O. Got the typical Rondo haters calling in, saying how much they were better now. Both Holly and O saying that it's stupid. You don't take an all star off a team, then it becomes better.
But that loser Big O who I can't stand. Then goes on and on why Celts will win more games the rest of the season without Rondo.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:49 PM   #312 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Nice win over helpless Kings last night. Now we get all the ball has never moved so well crap that Rondo didn't play.
Tried listening Holly and Big O. Got the typical Rondo haters calling in, saying how much they were better now. Both Holly and O saying that it's stupid. You don't take an all star off a team, then it becomes better.
But that loser Big O who I can't stand. Then goes on and on why Celts will win more games the rest of the season without Rondo.
They may win more, but that will probably have more to do with the rest of the team/players not sucking balls then rondo being out

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:54 PM   #313 (permalink)

Celts also play harder when season gets closer to playoffs. We all know early in season they go through motions and try in 4th quarter. They have mind set of just make playoffs, then they go all out.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:19 PM   #314 (permalink)

Doesn't look good for Sullinger with his back.
Isn't that what scared a lot of teams off in the draft.
Heard he is out for the next game.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:38 PM   #315 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Doesn't look good for Sullinger with his back.
Isn't that what scared a lot of teams off in the draft.
Heard he is out for the next game.
Just one game, its spasms. They come in go.

They need big men, thats what worries, not spasms

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:43 PM   #316 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Just one game, its spasms. They come in go.

They need big men, thats what worries, not spasms
A true center!!! Marcin Gortat!!!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #317 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
A true center!!! Marcin Gortat!!!
that would be a great pick up for them, but what would he cost? do they have the assets to give up that they'd want?
Old 01-31-2013, 08:53 PM   #318 (permalink)

Unless Phoenix wants Bass or Green, the money wont match, and still would need to trade Sullinger or Bradley.

No thanks. As much as I love Gortat.

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #319 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Unless Phoenix wants Bass or Green, the money wont match, and still would need to trade Sullinger or Bradley.

No thanks. As much as I love Gortat.
yeah i don't think they'd do it for bass or green...would have to be sullinger but most likely bradley...
Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 PM   #320 (permalink)

We aren't trading Green or Bass and getting anybody good for them.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:33 PM   #321 (permalink)

Well trading Sully is no longer an option. Out for the year. Guess surgery will come sooner rather than later now.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #322 (permalink)

Quote:
Well trading Sully is no longer an option. Out for the year. Guess surgery will come sooner rather than later now.
Damn. What's next?? It's bad news after bad news for the Cs...
Old 02-01-2013, 04:47 PM   #323 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
Damn. What's next?? It's bad news after bad news for the Cs...
The Sully surgery was just a matter of time, Ainge knew that when he drafted him. Probably came a bit earlier than they hoped.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:49 PM   #324 (permalink)

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider

Sad news for Sully and Celtics. Having great rookie year RT @celticsblog: BREAKING: Jared Sullinger to miss rest of season with back injury.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #325 (permalink)

I got nothing, this is just depressing now. I hope it doesnt plague him for the rest of his career like everyone before the draft said it would.

As long as they dont trade Pierce and KG I can weather this storm