Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #551 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
boston better watch out. there is no way they can want to drop to the 8th seed.
Matchup against the Heat without a rondo I think would be very very difficult to win. Even with Rondo it would be difficult. They need to be sixth or seventh to have a change to advance further in the playoffs.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #552 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Matchup against the Heat without a rondo I think would be very very difficult to win. Even with Rondo it would be difficult. They need to be sixth or seventh to have a change to advance further in the playoffs.
Celtics just want as healthy a team possible heading into the postseason. Ideally they would prefer the 7th seed but they are not going to burn out guys to get there.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #553 (permalink)

rough losses the last 5 games :|

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #554 (permalink)

Lucky to get the win last night. Nice come back in the ast couple of minutes not for the majority of the night they played poorly.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:03 PM   #555 (permalink)

Finally a good win. Pierce on track to be only the 5th player in nba history to average 18+ pts for 14+ years. Consistency.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #556 (permalink)

Good win, just bought my playoff strip.

Worth the large sum I dropped on it since I get it all back whenever they lose or turn it over to season tickets next year.

If they lost to Cleveland the other night I wasnt even going to bother.

Be nice to get to the 5th or 6th seed, like to see at least 2 rounds this year.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:16 PM   #557 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post

Worth the large sum I dropped on it since I get it all back whenever they lose or turn it over to season tickets next year.

If they lost to Cleveland the other night I wasnt even going to bother.

Be nice to get to the 5th or 6th seed, like to see at least 2 rounds this year.
Knicks have been a nice run but I'm not sure of I would rather have the play the Knicks or Pacers first round. What are you thinking?

Nice triple double by Pierce last night. Terry was also good.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:25 PM   #558 (permalink)

Rather play the Knicks, F them. They do not scare me at all. Pacers have more athleticism than the Knicks.

We can take the Knicks, we can take both actually but I think the Knicks are an easier match up
Old 03-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #559 (permalink)

Quote:
Rather play the Knicks, F them. They do not scare me at all. Pacers have more athleticism than the Knicks.

We can take the Knicks, we can take both actually but I think the Knicks are an easier match up
I was thinking that neither is obviously an easy matchup, but I feel like we would have a pretty good chance against the Knicks.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:04 PM   #560 (permalink)

Quote:
Got mine a while ago, think right after the trade deadline. Next year as well. Hopefully KG & Pierce are both back!
Old 03-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #561 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Got mine a while ago, think right after the trade deadline. Next year as well. Hopefully KG & Pierce are both back!
How did you buy playoff tickets? They just went on sale Thursday for season ticket holders?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #562 (permalink)

Quote:
How did you buy playoff tickets? They just went on sale Thursday for season ticket holders?
They were part of renewing last month. Paid my invoice on 3/2. The extra strips went on sale this Thursday.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #563 (permalink)

Quote:

Be careful what you wish for

Don't scare you at all? As in celtics would definitely beat the Knicks in 7?
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:29 PM   #564 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
Be careful what you wish for

Don't scare you at all? As in celtics would definitely beat the Knicks in 7?
The one thing that scares me are the Celtics themselves. They match up better with the Knicks than the Pacers. Stop the 3 point shooting and push Carmarshmellow around and they can throw the Knicks off their game.

Celtics,aside from Bradley, Gree and Lee arent athletic enough to stop the Pacers. I mean they can, they can beat them but they just match up better with the Knicks.

I think Celtics can take them in 6, maybe 7.

I think everyone wants to play the Hawks
Old 03-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #565 (permalink)

Quote:
The one thing that scares me are the Celtics themselves. They match up better with the Knicks than the Pacers. Stop the 3 point shooting and push Carmarshmellow around and they can throw the Knicks off their game.

Celtics,aside from Bradley, Gree and Lee arent athletic enough to stop the Pacers. I mean they can, they can beat them but they just match up better with the Knicks.

I think Celtics can take them in 6, maybe 7.

I think everyone wants to play the Hawks
I'm sorry man, it's just not the same celtics team. It's going to be hard for them to get out of the first round, because assuming bk will get the 4 seed, the celts will be playing bk, Knicks, pacers, or heat in the first round. I just don't think they can beat any of those teams in 7 in their current state. They'd have to play much better ball than they have in a very long time. And if kg isn't 100% they literally will have no chance. I was worried about the possibility of a Knicks celts first round match up because its Knicks celtics, but they just don't seem like the 'celtics' to me right now.
Part of me wants the Knicks to draw them so they can stick it to the celtics for once (in the last 40 years)
Old 03-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #566 (permalink)

And to be fair the reason the Knicks are on a 7 game winning streak, is JR has been taking less threes and taking it to the rack, scoring 30+ points game after game. He's been amazing, if he can keep it up the Knicks will be hard to slow down in the playoffs. And that's without Tyson, the defensive rock...Kmart has been amazing too.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:01 PM   #567 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
I'm sorry man, it's just not the same celtics team. It's going to be hard for them to get out of the first round, because assuming bk will get the 4 seed, the celts will be playing bk, Knicks, pacers, or heat in the first round. I just don't think they can beat any of those teams in 7 in their current state. They'd have to play much better ball than they have in a very long time. And if kg isn't 100% they literally will have no chance. I was worried about the possibility of a Knicks celts first round match up because its Knicks celtics, but they just don't seem like the 'celtics' to me right now.
Part of me wants the Knicks to draw them so they can stick it to the celtics for once (in the last 40 years)
Because they lost 5 games? Its all about streaks, same team as the one that rattled off 10 of 12 or whatever and the Knicks are the same team that lost 7 in a row or whatever. I am not realdeal or whatever his name is and dont consider a team done for after losing in the middle of the season.

KG will be fine come the playoffs, hence why he is resting now.

Knicks have the oldest team in the NBA, and a lot of the pieces are breaking down. I just dont see them competing with anyone for 7 games especially if Melo and JR Smith arent hitting shots. I mean this is a team barely over .500 before their winning steak since their insane start.

Knicks play 8 teams that are in the playoffs out of their last 12. They need to worry about getting through that gauntlet.

We're just going to disagree, but the Knicks do not scare me, I think they are the weakest team in the East not named the Hawks or Bucks and I think even if they do get out of the first round, someone will trounce them in the 2nd.

And I fully expect them to beat Boston tomorrow night too.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:14 PM   #568 (permalink)

Quote:
Because they lost 5 games? Its all about streaks, same team as the one that rattled off 10 of 12 or whatever and the Knicks are the same team that lost 7 in a row or whatever. I am not realdeal or whatever his name is and dont consider a team done for after losing in the middle of the season.

KG will be fine come the playoffs, hence why he is resting now.

Knicks have the oldest team in the NBA, and a lot of the pieces are breaking down. I just dont see them competing with anyone for 7 games especially if Melo and JR Smith arent hitting shots. I mean this is a team barely over .500 before their winning steak since their insane start.

Knicks play 8 teams that are in the playoffs out of their last 12. They need to worry about getting through that gauntlet.

We're just going to disagree, but the Knicks do not scare me, I think they are the weakest team in the East not named the Hawks or Bucks and I think even if they do get out of the first round, someone will trounce them in the 2nd.

And I fully expect them to beat Boston tomorrow night too.
We'll just agree to disagree. The Knicks are playing great ball right now, and the celtics have been mediocre all season.
Talk about old, for the celtics to compete they need their key players pierce and KG to be huge. The Knicks key players are melo, jr, and Tyson. All are significantly younger than kg or pierce, so I don't get the age argument. Yes the Knicks have some old role players, but the guys they make their bread on aren't old. The starting line up and major minute players just aren't that old. Felton, shump, melo, jr, Tyson are all key pieces that aren't old. Really Jason Kidd (who just shoots threes and gets steals now a days) and Kmart who has been amazing, and Pablo (who plays like he's 25) are the old guys. Camby might not crack the playoff rotation the way Kmart has been playing.

I'm sorry but if Knicks fans were talking like you are we would be called ridiculously dilusional and homers. The celts haven't been able to get out of their own way the whole season, why will it start in the playoffs? They have no depth, especially up front, some very inconsistent shooters, and if kg isn't 100% it's just too much for them to overcome. I know you hate the Knicks but don't let your hatred cloud your reasonable judgement. If you've seen them play lately, the defense has picked up and jr has been attacking the rim. Shumpert has also been shooting great and playing much better d. He's coming back into form.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:21 PM   #569 (permalink)

Well its not really an argument when the Knicks are statistically the oldest team ever in NBA history. Plus the Knicks are playing well RIGHT NOW, but before this win streak they were barely over .500 since their hot start, again, not argument just straight facts. They were a mess.

Its a Celtics thread, I can talk about the Celtics and how confident I feel, just like you guys do in the Knicks thread, seriously you sound like a Heat fan with that comment. Its not like I said they would sweep the Knicks, I said they match up better than them and no one fears the Knicks.

And KG will be 100%, hence the rest. Come on, dont let your homerism forget what thread you are in and realize that this team is A) The oldest ever and B) was treading water for most of the season and just now got hot.

So again, remember what thread you are in, if you wanna go back to the Knicks thread and talk about all this and post your awesome game time graphics then go for it. I posted my opinion of the Celtics in the Celtics thread and you wanted to debate it.

Go back to the Knicks thread if you'd like

xoxox
Old 03-30-2013, 11:59 PM   #570 (permalink)

Quote:
Well its not really an argument when the Knicks are statistically the oldest team ever in NBA history. Plus the Knicks are playing well RIGHT NOW, but before this win streak they were barely over .500 since their hot start, again, not argument just straight facts. They were a mess.

Its a Celtics thread, I can talk about the Celtics and how confident I feel, just like you guys do in the Knicks thread, seriously you sound like a Heat fan with that comment. Its not like I said they would sweep the Knicks, I said they match up better than them and no one fears the Knicks.

And KG will be 100%, hence the rest. Come on, dont let your homerism forget what thread you are in and realize that this team is A) The oldest ever and B) was treading water for most of the season and just now got hot.

So again, remember what thread you are in, if you wanna go back to the Knicks thread and talk about all this and post your awesome game time graphics then go for it. I posted my opinion of the Celtics in the Celtics thread and you wanted to debate it.

Go back to the Knicks thread if you'd like

xoxox
the age thing is so overblown its ridiculous!
What are the average ages of the Celts Vs Knicks of players that play 30 or more minutes a game?
Kurt is done. camby probably will barely play. its really just kidd and now Kmart.
Felton, Pablo, Shump, Melo, Tyson - that line up is not old. pablo is the oldest and he certainly doesn't play like a 35 year old. he's in better shape than most of the young guns! JR is 6th man, he's not old. Kmart and Kidd are old but they are roll players!

it's really such a skewed argument. they are the oldest team in history based on dudes who ride the pine, not dudes who actually play!

Sorry to but in on your thread, but you went all 'F the knicks' so I figured you could use my 2 cents.
Hope to see the little green men in the playoffs

love you forever ralpho
xoxoxoxox
yours truly,
Knicker Please
Old 03-31-2013, 12:11 AM   #571 (permalink)

Celtics still scare me in the playoffs but not this year

they have shown no signs... i feel like u C fans think some magic switch is gonna turn on and its all gonna be better

Lol at the ppl who said rondo wasnt valuable lol

Knicks get up for big games hence why i think they will make a nice run in the playoffs this year....

Knicks have beaten good competition....

Heat twice... spurs twice...just beat memphis without tyson... utah(like a playoff team) twice...

altho the west is so good and all.... i dont think we have lost many west team twices

only portland and houston i believe

we beat memphis denver san antonio X2 utah lakers mavs golden state

and before the winning streak u say treading water.....?? second in the east and they were 38-26 playing without their top 3 guys....

anyway i think the pacers r very overrated but just my opinion biased as well....
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:13 AM   #572 (permalink)

This should prob be in knicks thread but whatever.....

But back to what you said, can you honestly say you would rather play the knicks first round instead of the nets and maybe the bulls w/o rose
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #573 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post

But back to what you said, can you honestly say you would rather play the knicks first round instead of the nets and maybe the bulls w/o rose
i too believe they may be a little misguided in this preference, but yes lets keep it in the knicks thread. i only commented because ralpho and I do have a loving understanding he's not like realreodeal or any number of other trolls. he just loves his team and thats perfectly fine!
I just like talking with him is all
to the knicks thread!
Old 03-31-2013, 06:34 AM   #574 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post

I would rather play the Knicks honestly with the Nets a close second. Knicks rely on a lot of one on one play and the Celtics defend well in those situations. Especially in the postseason when the officials will let them play a bit more. Not an easy series by any means though.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:48 PM   #575 (permalink)

Nice to see the celtics clinch!!!