Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 PM   #151 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
The Knicks looked terrible too, but the Celtics looked worse.

No idea why they cant score or hold on to the ball late in the game.

Brandon Bass sucks, why would anyone want to keep him? Guy is arguably the worst Celtic with Jason Terry this year, extreme disappointments.

Celtics lose tomorrow and get crushed by Miami, I expect something to happen.
Knicks did struggle shooting the ball. But when they played zone they looked good defensively. They need raymond back in the worst way, and he should be back next game.

I'm on board w bass, but terry looks worse for sure. Wtf happened to him? He was such a baller on Dallas...he can't hit squat these days.

What will the moves be? Rondo?
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #152 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackAttack419 View Post
what more can rondo do!?!

triple double aside, at one point they said no celtic player had scored since the 5 minute mark in the 4th besides rajon, with the C's last 8 or 10 points (free throws, jumpers, layups. only thing he didnt hit was a half court buzzer beater). they already blew the bulls game when rondo had a season high 30 and the C's were up 2 with like 4 seconds left in regulation. this is ridiculous. celtics turns the ball over twice in the last couple minutes, very un-celtic-like. paul pierce just hasnt played like THE TRUTH the last 5 games. there's no shame in losing to the knicks, but to lose 5 in a row, with winnable games such as hornets? and the bulls fiasco? and cavs?
he could make easy layups? it still shocks me how many layups he misses. its like lebron and fts. why is it so hard!

pretty ugly game overall but still entertaining. big win for knicks and their confidence against the celtics. i would love to see a playoff matchup of these two teams.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #153 (permalink)

This is the first big game Rondo has shown up to in a while, so yes great for Rondo, but he needs to do this EVERY night.

He's to blame just as much as everyone else, just not tonight.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #154 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
Knicks did struggle shooting the ball. But when they played zone they looked good defensively. They need raymond back in the worst way, and he should be back next game.

I'm on board w bass, but terry looks worse for sure. Wtf happened to him? He was such a baller on Dallas...he can't hit squat these days.

What will the moves be? Rondo?
First time ever I can see Rondo being moved, this team is stuck in neutral. I doubt it, maybe 10% chance it happens, but I can see it.

I have no idea, Bass and Green are untradable, same with Terry. Lee, Sullinger and Bradley are actually good and young.

I really dont know, but not being able to score tonight, again when the Knicks were practically giving them the game with all their missed shots? Unacceptable.

They are playing with a 10 man team, they need to sign bigs especially if they arent going to play Chris Wilcox. Boggles my mind.

Bass sucks, he is the least productive Celtic. Guy got his big deal and now is a shell of his former self, shocker.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:58 PM   #155 (permalink)

Doc just looks disinterested. This team is just mailing it in most nights. Even KG is getting to the point of not caring.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:00 PM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Doc just looks disinterested. This team is just mailing it in most nights. Even KG is getting to the point of not caring.
Doc looks pissed, I dunno how you can say hes not caring. Guy seems like the only one at times.

Garnett too, I just think its frustrating that this team hasnt gelled yet. All the talent they have and they cant beat the Knicks AT home? or the friggin Pistons?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #157 (permalink)

I hope they sign Chris Johnson once his 10 day is up in Minnesota. Could use his hops and energy off the bench. Instead of the ununspired Bass Green combo.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:01 PM   #158 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
he could make easy layups? it still shocks me how many layups he misses. its like lebron and fts. why is it so hard!

pretty ugly game overall but still entertaining. big win for knicks and their confidence against the celtics. i would love to see a playoff matchup of these two teams.
what he should do is not be so scared of contact, so that when he drives for his layups, at least he can get to the foul line (hey, i'll take 1-of-2 for a free point). nevertheless, mistakes and misses are part of the game. rondo brought his A-game tonight, as he did against the bulls. im just baffled as to how the C's allow some of the supposed inferior opponents to keep it close and then not be able to close out any game. i remember early in the season when celtics were up 3 late against the bucks and ended up losing by 3.. gave up 6-0 run to end the game. cant believe they havent come around to correct themselves!

i do believe though that their crunch time line up tonight is their best.. KG, pierce, green, bradley, rondo. sullinger is probably actually playing better than green but green has the experience and versatility. bass and terry should be embarrassed with their underwhelming seasons
Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #159 (permalink)

You see Doc postgame presser. He just looks fed up and even joked. He has lost the team. Sometimes hearing same voice year after year. Players are tuning him out and he knows it.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #160 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
You see Doc postgame presser. He just looks fed up and even joked. He has lost the team. Sometimes hearing same voice year after year. Players are tuning him out and he knows it.
Theres 9 new players on this team, and 3 of the guys that have been here are potential/are Hall of Famers.

So that doesnt work. Not the year after year excuse
Old 01-24-2013, 11:11 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
First time ever I can see Rondo being moved, this team is stuck in neutral. I doubt it, maybe 10% chance it happens, but I can see it.

I have no idea, Bass and Green are untradable, same with Terry. Lee, Sullinger and Bradley are actually good and young.

I really dont know, but not being able to score tonight, again when the Knicks were practically giving them the game with all their missed shots? Unacceptable.

They are playing with a 10 man team, they need to sign bigs especially if they arent going to play Chris Wilcox. Boggles my mind.

Bass sucks, he is the least productive Celtic. Guy got his big deal and now is a shell of his former self, shocker.
yeah but let's be real, Wilcox ain't the missing piece. although from what i gathered front court depth is a huge issue for them, Wilcox isn't the answer. terry looked like he has absolutely no confidence. that's a killer because they need someone who can score off the bench.

what would they even want in return for rondo?
Old 01-24-2013, 11:15 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicker_Please View Post
yeah but let's be real, Wilcox ain't the missing piece. although from what i gathered front court depth is a huge issue for them, Wilcox isn't the answer. terry looked like he has absolutely no confidence. that's a killer because they need someone who can score off the bench.

what would they even want in return for rondo?
Wilcox can run the floor at least and their only bigs are KG and Sullinger, and Sullinger is constantly in foul trouble.

I dunno, more scoring I guess for Rondo, a big man that can rebound. Cousins maybe. I really dont know. I doubt he goes but I can see it
Old 01-24-2013, 11:18 PM   #163 (permalink)

Idk with both these teams...

Im still confident the celtics will get it together and half a good second half regardless of if they make a move
a lot of talent and some nice young players
i love bradley and sully

regardless there not playing well and couldnt hit shots at all...

Knicks didnt look great either

amare played great in the first half and he is suppose to dominate verse backup pf's

I dont think trading rondo is the way to go at all... he does everything for them right now.. although i think his shooting numbers r inflated...
without kg clearing up so much space his open looks can get very less open... kg still does his job and is a beast but cant play so many minutes...

Ive never seen pierce crumble down the stretch i was ready for him to a hit a big 3
and i dont understand why we never foul

13 seconds not timeouts for celtics whats the downside of fouling??
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Wilcox can run the floor at least and their only bigs are KG and Sullinger, and Sullinger is constantly in foul trouble.

I dunno, more scoring I guess for Rondo, a big man that can rebound. Cousins maybe. I really dont know. I doubt he goes but I can see it
but Wilcox sucks lol. unless its a different one from the one the Knicks had...

rondo for cousins and brooks? Aaron brooks kills the Knicks and can shoot. very underrated IMO. don't know if that would work...
they have some guards to give up tho with him Thomas and reke.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #165 (permalink)
Banned

Maybe it's time for doc to go.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:37 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Maybe it's time for doc to go.
He is sacred cow in Boston. Pac Man Jones was first media guy I heard rip Doc today.
Tangay, Tommy, Donney and Scal all think Doc does no wrong on Comcast. So sick of all the green teamers making excuses for this team. They all swing from his nut sack.

Time to shake up the roster. I got a feeling Doc wants Rondo out.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:40 PM   #167 (permalink)

Carmelo is so overrated. His inconsistency is ugly to watch.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 PM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Carmelo is so overrated. His inconsistency is ugly to watch.
such is the life of a go to scorer. how is he overrated? everyone hates him lol...
scores mentality...he hit some big shots tonight and has been consistently good this year. not too many off nights...
Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 AM   #169 (permalink)

The Celts are just letting the Bucks grab that 7th seed!

My Ersan Ilyasova, Luc Mbah a Moute, & Larry Sanders Collection
http://milwbucks.webs.com/
oshmeehan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:08 AM   #170 (permalink)

The Celtics season can be summed up quite nicely as follows: "not as bad as the Lakers"
I recently started working full-time (finally). As a result, I often forget about PMs which I've reviewed during the day, but did not have time to respond to. Please feel free to follow up. It is not my intention to ignore or forget about anyone.
bdrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #171 (permalink)

For all the hype that was a fairly boring game last night. Ton of isolation offense and the refs were calling every ticky tac foul on both teams. Good win for the Knicks in the end. Celtics just cannot shoot the ball right now. A 40% FG over the last 5 games is not going to get it done. Too many guys (Pierce, Bradley, Terry) slumping at the wrong time. Been a while since I have seen this team miss so many open shots. Only thing different I would like to see from Doc is a bit more of Sully getting the ball in the post.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:

Lot of interest in JJ Redick right now. Perfect type of player IMO for what the Celtics do. No contracts are untradable.

Also think they will be looking for a big to play with KG and to hold down the defense when he is off the court. Gortat would be a good fit but not sure how the C's get him. Pierce, KG, and Rondo are probably the only untouchable guys with Bradley up there as well. Should be a fun trade deadline.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:21 AM   #173 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
1. Props to Rondo for yet another triple double
Yay your binky got a triple double in a loss. WOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
For all the hype that was a fairly boring game last night. Ton of isolation offense and the refs were calling every ticky tac foul on both teams. Good win for the Knicks in the end. Celtics just cannot shoot the ball right now. A 40% FG over the last 5 games is not going to get it done. Too many guys (Pierce, Bradley, Terry) slumping at the wrong time. Been a while since I have seen this team miss so many open shots. Only thing different I would like to see from Doc is a bit more of Sully getting the ball in the post.

I heard then were taking away Honey Nut signs and stuff last night. Did you see or get yours in?
jlzinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
Yay your binky got a triple double in a loss. WOW.

I heard then were taking away Honey Nut signs and stuff last night. Did you see or get yours in?
I did not actually bring one, I had a feeling they would be taken at the security check. No one around me had one either. I did have 2 drunk fans behind me yelling cheerio stuff most of the night though. It was fairly annoying.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 AM   #175 (permalink)

Still not Doc Rivers fault, no idea how anyone can blame him after the job he did last year, and frankly the past 5 years. When you bring NINE new players on a team and it doesnt work right away, its not Doc's fault.

I have no idea who Pac Man Jones is in Boston, but most of the radio people here are idiots, so quoting them isnt going to get your point across.

Knicker, not saying Chris Wilcox is a savior but hes a big who can run, which is more than what they have. Garnett occasionally runs, Sullinger is fat and thats it! I just dont understand why having 2 open rosters and sitting Wilcox when you have only 2 big men??

Jeff Green and Amare's contracts are pretty untradeable, other than that I agree, anyone can be traded