Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 09:56 AM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Still not Doc Rivers fault, no idea how anyone can blame him after the job he did last year, and frankly the past 5 years. When you bring NINE new players on a team and it doesnt work right away, its not Doc's fault.

I have no idea who Pac Man Jones is in Boston, but most of the radio people here are idiots, so quoting them isnt going to get your point across.

Knicker, not saying Chris Wilcox is a savior but hes a big who can run, which is more than what they have. Garnett occasionally runs, Sullinger is fat and thats it! I just dont understand why having 2 open rosters and sitting Wilcox when you have only 2 big men??

Jeff Green and Amare's contracts are pretty untradeable, other than that I agree, anyone can be traded

Problem with Wilcox is he is a nonfactor on the defensive end. Doc deserves a little heat just like the players do. Needs to find a way to incorporate Green, Sully, and Lee into the offensive flow more. Need to stop running everything through Rondo, KG, and Pierce.

Jeff Green's contract can be moved. Probably have to take another bad one back but that stuff happens in the NBA all the time. With that said I do not think they want to move Green. They are very happy with his individual defense which ranks very high according to synergy and his offense has not been all that bad.

Last edited by pac213up; 01-25-2013 at 09:59 AM.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #177 (permalink)

Pac Man Jones took over for that idiot DA. He is on after Felger and Mazz. He talks most NBA on 98.5.

Doc is for sure at fault here right along with the players. I know many of these guys just coast through the season. Celts are in mode of just get to playoffs then we will turn it on. Problem is it isn't always that easy. Doc needs to figure out how to get these guys to play better during season. They have country club atmosphere. The green teamers like Tangay, Donnie and Tommy all feed into this mentality.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #178 (permalink)
Banned

I can't see how you can say doc has no fault.

The last couple seasons everyone has been saying the celtics were done and when they struggled it seemed true. But everytime a big game came around or it was the playoffs. Pierce Garnett and Allen and others stepped up. I don't think doc was the one that all of a sudden made the celtics a contender come playoff time. It was the players.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:59 AM   #179 (permalink)

Doc is vastly overrated. His one title with Big 3 is what he is still living off. I bet a lot of coaches could have did that and maybe got another title or 2 with that group.

I like Doc, but with talent he has been given. He doesn't get the most out of it seems. Will see if he can turn it around or not this season. Then the heat should get turned up.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:09 AM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Doc is vastly overrated. His one title with Big 3 is what he is still living off. I bet a lot of coaches could have did that and maybe got another title or 2 with that group.

I like Doc, but with talent he has been given. He doesn't get the most out of it seems. Will see if he can turn it around or not this season. Then the heat should get turned up.
That is a bit of a stretch. Doc was a coach of the year before his time in Boston.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #181 (permalink)

Yep, Green isn't going anywhere. We were the only team dumb enough to give him a fat long term contract. Any other team would have given a one year deal and seen how he plays, before handing over the deal the Celts did. We all know why Celts did. Ainge is going to do everything possible to make the Perk trade look better.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:47 AM   #182 (permalink)

glad my knicks added to the celtic pain last night
Old 01-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #183 (permalink)

To me the biggest problem is the teams lack of a true rim protector. They need a real center to play beside KG. the celtics haven't had a quality center since Perkins.
Old 01-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #184 (permalink)

Everyone is at fault with what is happening right now, Doc, Danny the players. But to blame it solely on Doc is foolish. Not his fault Jason Terry and Brandon Bass look like D-Leaguers right now and Rondo doesnt show up to every game.

Also not his fault that Ainge still doesnt go after a big man, but instead he goes after 49 shooting guards.

The Celtics gave Doc a long term deal knowing full well there were going to be rough years in there, Doc isnt going anywhere. He has a lot of job security. He will be here even after Pierce and Garnett retire. That's why they signed him for so long.

JJ Redick would be nice and all but who is he going to play over and what are we giving up for him?

Sigh
Old 01-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
JJ Redick would be nice and all but who is he going to play over and what are we giving up for him?

Sigh
I would imagine he would split the SG role with Bradley although I could also see Bradley getting dealt to help the low post situation. Either way I see one or two of the current SG's getting moved.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #186 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
I would imagine he would split the SG role with Bradley although I could also see Bradley getting dealt to help the low post situation. Either way I see one or two of the current SG's getting moved.
Which would be stupid because Bradley and Lee are better overall players when you consider their contract, age, and how they fit into Bostons plan.

Reddick is a FA after this year.

Stupidity if either of them are moved for Reddick
Old 01-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #187 (permalink)

I wish the celtics could have got Cousins. Now I could see them going after Marcin Gortat.
Old 01-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #188 (permalink)

Quote:
Which would be stupid because Bradley and Lee are better overall players when you consider their contract, age, and how they fit into Bostons plan.

Reddick is a FA after this year.

Stupidity if either of them are moved for Reddick
Redick is better than both at this point and certainly fits into the system better today. Bradley has a higher ceiling though. Not sure either would be directly moved for him. I see Ainge using multiple teams with multiple pieces going different directions. Problem for Ainge is his assets have underperformed so moving some of them will be harder than he anticipated to start the year.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:28 PM   #189 (permalink)

Will be interesting if they just roll over tonight for the Hawks. Or do they come out pissed and show some intensity.
Old 01-25-2013, 04:49 PM   #190 (permalink)

How does a strict gunner like Reddick, with one year left on his deal fit into the Celtics more than someone like Bradley who's a defensive stopper? I dont get that at all. If Terry does his job, then you dont need Reddick. Same with Lee, who is the back up 1. I dont get saying that. Reddick is a hired gun, someone you give up a future #1 for or an expiring deal, not someone like Bradley or Lee.

We need more consistency, but you cant give up on Terry already and deal young building blocks for 40 games of JJ friggin Reddick
Old 01-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #191 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Get rid of Terry, severely overrated.

Jeff Green needs to step up, what a huge bust.

:)!:flex:!:)!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:53 PM   #192 (permalink)

I think it's okay to give a man coming off of heart surgery some slack...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post

Old 01-25-2013, 04:57 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I think it's okay to give a man coming off of heart surgery some slack...
Terry on the other hand has sucked lol.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #194 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Lets see if the Celtics can do the same after All star weekend like they did last year.

Don't think Magic will give up Reddick, Jodie meeks would be a nice pickup since the Lakers arent even using the guy. Maybe Nick Young or Novak?

:)!:flex:!:)!

Last edited by tristan20; 01-25-2013 at 05:02 PM.
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:26 PM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
Lets see if the Celtics can do the same after All star weekend like they did last year.

Don't think Magic will give up Reddick, Jodie meeks would be a nice pickup since the Lakers arent even using the guy. Maybe Nick Young or Novak?
Yeah the Knicks would love to trade Novak to the celtics I'm sure .

And if you love all your bad inconsistent shooters, then you'll love nick young!
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #196 (permalink)

Just get Jason Terry right, and stop with these silly ideas of trading Avery Bradley to open up a spot for 40 games of JJ Reddick

Argh
Old 01-25-2013, 05:35 PM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
How does a strict gunner like Reddick, with one year left on his deal fit into the Celtics more than someone like Bradley who's a defensive stopper? I dont get that at all. If Terry does his job, then you dont need Reddick. Same with Lee, who is the back up 1. I dont get saying that. Reddick is a hired gun, someone you give up a future #1 for or an expiring deal, not someone like Bradley or Lee.

We need more consistency, but you cant give up on Terry already and deal young building blocks for 40 games of JJ friggin Reddick
The Celtic offense is dependent on good outside shooting. Redick is a much better shooter than any of SG's at this point. He also has turned into a much better passer than any of the SG's the Celtics have. I do not see Bradley moving except for a big but guys like Terry, Lee, Bass are expendable.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #198 (permalink)

Quote:
Just get Jason Terry right, and stop with these silly ideas of trading Avery Bradley to open up a spot for 40 games of JJ Reddick

Argh
They would resign Redick.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:38 PM   #199 (permalink)

Yeah terry really needs to step up and hit shots, he needs to give us the 15 point average
Carolina Panthers
bbplaya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 05:42 PM   #200 (permalink)

Quote:

Not overrated just not used to his potential or strengths, I bet on another team like LAC, NY, or a faster paced team he could still thrive, he'd be great of the bench on GS.