Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 AM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Hype or no hype. I am just stating facts. Kobe sold for 2k today, 3 weeks ago it went for 400. So, I guess Im an idiot for noticing facts. Or wait, it must be ghost fairies gangster organization bidding up prices... jeez. Learn some supply and demand, or read an economics book, than come talk to me.
Lol just because u're trying to get into a PhD program and studying your GRE suddenly makes you the economic's expert?

I am actually the first to pots about kobe prizm going for $400 and yes it has went up in price because he has big following. ANd i am in no way saying that prizm gold is not good and they will not continue to rise in value, i'm just saying some of the recent high end ones are being manipulated. And you keep mentioning the kobe going for $2k, but do u think someone with zero! feedbacks would shill out that much money? they have never bought anything before and suddenly decide to make his first purchase on a hot card like that? And the same guy who won the lebron at $745 but obviously didn't pay is really trying to buy the Kobe prizm at $1900 and is going to pay for it?
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:34 AM   #77 (permalink)

ya kobe gold chrome goes 200 so x5 and you get 10 andrew jacksons, no brainer
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:35 AM   #78 (permalink)

its all about the chase, and that green kukoc is what everyone is chasing in those .25 card show bins as of late, via phdbeckett
Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 AM   #79 (permalink)

that kyrie gold, with # jersey is gonna be the BIG card
Old 12-31-2012, 04:38 AM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4mightyQuinn View Post
players from the south stack g's, flippin tight on that white; with the candy on the gold d's
Along with the beavis post, easily my 2 favorite of the year. And just in time.
Knicker_Please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 AM   #81 (permalink)

knicker please, great name, you got that 93-94 topps super team???
Old 12-31-2012, 04:43 AM   #82 (permalink)

Old 12-31-2012, 04:43 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
knicker please, great name, you got that 93-94 topps super team???
Thanks mayn...can't say I do
Old 12-31-2012, 04:45 AM   #84 (permalink)

i am here on the west coast lookin for some gold
Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #85 (permalink)

but jr smith and jason kidd, with the clipps gotta be the best stories of the new year upcoming
Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 AM   #86 (permalink)

oh yea and some prizm/10 Gold, still digginn.... bump.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:52 AM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:
but jr smith and jason kidd, with the clipps gotta be the best stories of the new year upcoming
No doubt about that. Wait till shump and stat get back. Going to cause PROBLEMS.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:55 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Lol just because u're trying to get into a PhD program and studying your GRE suddenly makes you the economic's expert?

I am actually the first to pots about kobe prizm going for $400 and yes it has went up in price because he has big following. ANd i am in no way saying that prizm gold is not good and they will not continue to rise in value, i'm just saying some of the recent high end ones are being manipulated. And you keep mentioning the kobe going for $2k, but do u think someone with zero! feedbacks would shill out that much money? they have never bought anything before and suddenly decide to make his first purchase on a hot card like that? And the same guy who won the lebron at $745 but obviously didn't pay is really trying to buy the Kobe prizm at $1900 and is going to pay for it?
I dont buy your theory, it sounds nice to hear, like ufo stories. There are tons of other cards going for very high prices, and the trend is upward. Have you ever seen a wealthy mans collectibles whether it be stamps, cards, jewelry etc? Its not uncommon for one buyer to want to hoard cards especially if hes rich. So I would think its like a group of maybe 10-100 wealthy card collectors just buying up the cards in bulk... Good for them... Hell if I was a millionaire I may just do the same
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:40 AM   #89 (permalink)

i am rich, give me that 8 box retail case of 2008-09 chrome basketball
Old 12-31-2012, 05:41 AM   #90 (permalink)

or a gold prizm kobe USA i will stare at for years to come
Old 12-31-2012, 06:18 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Oh yea thanks for reminding me the kobe one. There are indeed some real collectors for kobe prizm gold, but unfortunately they hvae to get through the b.s. shill bidding. Lets take a look at the bidding history shall we.

eBay.com Item Bid History

Top bidder, 0 feedbacks, 50% bid activity with seller

and then directly below him with 4 bids, guess who?

z***r( 280) US $2,002.00
Dec-30-12 19:47:08 PST

z***r( 280) US $2,001.00
Dec-30-12 19:46:39 PST

z***r( 280) US $2,000.00
Dec-30-12 14:42:25 PST

z***r( 280) US $1,950.00
Dec-28-12 12:30:48 PST

Our mr. non payer from the lebron gold.
I am the one who won that Kobe Gold and Im actually quite happy with the price Im going to pay. Could have been cheaper but i guess im fine with this.
XanderBfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:26 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderBfan View Post
I am the one who won that Kobe Gold and Im actually quite happy with the price Im going to pay. Could have been cheaper but i guess im fine with this.
Nice pick up man. I was thinking about grabbing that card but decided to wait for a raw copy.. Like yours to pop up..
Old 12-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
Nice pick up man. I was thinking about grabbing that card but decided to wait for a raw copy.. Like yours to pop up..
lol Chris....still not giving up huh

Kidding....and Happy New year to you....
XanderBfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:48 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderBfan View Post
lol Chris....still not giving up huh

Kidding....and Happy New year to you....
Haha thats what I live by! Never give up.. LOL Have a good new years bro!

Now since you have 2 USA Gold and I have 2 MVP gold we should trade with each other. Then we both have one of each . LOL
Old 12-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #95 (permalink)
Banned

Not that many durants have popped up yet

Last edited by pepsiporch; 12-31-2012 at 08:43 AM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:42 AM   #96 (permalink)
Banned

A raw usa gold kobe for $2000 . This 9.5 might have been a steal

Grading Prizm gold question[/QUOTE]
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #97 (permalink)

I think what really happened about Lebron USA 2/10 is that original seller pulled that card and spelt prizm wrong hence less hit, so prizmgold got away with a steal.

Then he immediately relisted after receiving this card, but listed under lillard1 ID, further proving prizmgold=lillard1, if not enough proofs already. I think this was not intended on his part. But when you have multiple ID, mistakes like this will happen once in a while.

It's not non-paying bidder, quite a few would pay 745 for Lebron USA /10. It's a steal and relisted by the buyer under his second ID (a multiple-ID-revealing mistake in doing so). Or maybe not, potential buyers who are bidding on his auction won't find out he bought that only at 745 if he uses different ID because some top paying buyers don't know how to use completed auction features.

Also I'm surprised that people are paying 2k for a 9.5 Kobe USA. I don't think this release is too condition sensitive and when you have rarity by print, usually gold label doesn't add too much premium (especially when it's not condition sensitive). Also part of the reason it ended so high is that prizmgold bid it up so high well before end of auction. So when people wants to get it, they have to pay oversniped price, also maybe when bidding up so high early on, people might grow confortable with price level if they don't follow market too close.

Why prizmgold is so keen to help a possibly unrelated seller by bidding up? He has Kobe USA 10/10 and Lebron USA 6/10 and also 2/10 under auction. Props to his quick hands! If a random number can go for 2k, then for 10/10, sky is the limit. It will also help for the 2/10 USA Lebron. When Kobe USA is 2k, Lebron USA raw will be leaps and bounds above that buying price of 700, won't it?

He manipulated market, but at least he doesn't bid on his own auction using prizmgold ID. He makes it look legit and probably will elevate the overall market. Where does market stand, when prices are high enough and his stock emptied? Remains to be seen. Remember when you are collectors, it matters less when values crash as you love the cards and can have it even when many other products go out and money and market value flow other directions. But if you are short term flippers, then market is already too high, profit margin is tiny and risk of getting negative profits when you try to resell legitly (without shilling or bidding up from people who have similar cards to sell) is very high. Better save your money for National Treasures train before it leaves. This is why I don't like people who doesn't buy those to make a price record list, because it's not representing what really drives the market and can be misleading to buyers and add to the hypes.

Also for winner for Kobe USA 9.5 who also owns a USA Kobe already, it makes sense to get this 9.5 at top dollar and establishes the market. It's a nice card with demand, for example chrismiller will want it. What winner for Kobe USA 9.5 did is establishing a MV and get 9.5 copy and when selling his raw copy, the values will be high and probably will get close to 2k if not more, so he essentially replaces a likely 9.5 candidate with an already 9.5 copy. Nothing wrong with that. Actually a smart way to upgrade.

I also won't be surprised if winner for Kobe USA 9.5 is prizmgold (since he is a new member and also has a Kobe USA, conveniently appears before auction ends and confirms he is the 0-feedback, as prizmgold may have Singapore friends), but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and because it would be manipulation going to far. I'm not claiming it is so with evidence so far.

I also sit on two copies of Kobe USA gold and don't plan to get more, so I by no means want to downplay the market; if I follow BO tradition, I think I need to proclaim they are best thing since slice bread. But as a fellow collector, I want collector group to be aware of what is going on. And why it ends so high.

Happy New Year!

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!

Last edited by spinotron; 12-31-2012 at 10:47 AM. Reason: a couple of typos
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
I think what really happened about Lebron USA 2/10 is that original seller pulled that card and spelt prizm wrong hence less hit, so prizmgold got away with a steal.

Then he immediately relisted after receiving this card, but listed under lillard1 ID, further proving prizmgold=lillard1, if not enough proofs already. I think this was not intended on his part. But when you have multiple ID, mistakes like this will happen once in a while.

It's not non-paying bidder, quite a few would pay 745 for Lebron USA /10. It's a steal and relisted by the buyer under his second ID (a multiple-ID-revealing mistake in doing so). Or maybe not, potential buyers who are bidding on his auction won't find out he bought that only at 745 if he uses different ID because some top paying buyers don't know how to use completed auction features.

Also I'm surprised that people are paying 2k for a 9.5 Kobe USA. I don't think this release is too condition sensitive and when you have rarity by print, usually gold label doesn't add too much premium (especially when it's not condition sensitive). Also part of the reason it ended so high is that prizmgold bid it up so high well before end of auction. So when people wants to get it, they have to pay oversniped price, also maybe when bidding up so high early on, people might grow confortable with price level if they don't follow market too close.

Why prizmgold is so keen to help a possibly unrelated seller by bidding up? He has Kobe USA 10/10 and Lebron USA 6/10 and also 2/10 under auction. Props to his quick hands! If a random number can go for 2k, then for 10/10, sky is the limit. It will also help for the 2/10 USA Lebron. When Kobe USA is 2k, Lebron USA raw will be leaps and bounds above that buying price of 700, won't it?

He manipulated market, but at least he doesn't bid on his own auction using prizmgold ID. He makes it look legit and probably will elevate the overall market. Where does market stand, when prices are high enough and his stock emptied? Remains to be seen. Remember when you are collectors, it matters less when values crash as you love the cards and can have it even when many other products go out and money and market value flow other directions. But if you are short term flippers, then market is already too high, profit margin is tiny and risk of getting negative profits when you try to resell legitly (without shilling or bidding up from people who have similar cards to sell) is very high. Better save your money for National Treasures train before it leaves. This is why I don't like people who doesn't buy those to make a price record list, because it's not representing what really drives the market and can be misleading to buyers and add to the hypes.

Also for winner for Kobe USA 9.5 who also owns a USA Kobe already, it makes sense to get this 9.5 at top dollar and establishes the market. It's a nice card with demand, for example chrismiller will want it. What winner for Kobe USA 9.5 did is establishing a MV and get 9.5 copy and when selling his raw copy, the values will be high and probably will get close to 2k if not more, so he essentially replaces a likely 9.5 candidate with an already 9.5 copy. Nothing wrong with that. Actually a smart way to upgrade.

I also won't be surprised if winner for Kobe USA 9.5 is prizmgold (since he is a new member and also has a Kobe USA, conveniently appears before auction ends and confirms he is the 0-feedback, as prizmgold may have Singapore friends), but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and because it would be manipulation going to far. I'm not claiming it is so with evidence so far.

I also sit on two copies of Kobe USA gold and don't plan to get more, so I by no means want to downplay the market; if I follow BO tradition, I think I need to proclaim they are best thing since slice bread. But as a fellow collector, I want collector group to be aware of what is going on. And why it ends so high.

Happy New Year!
There were 6, I repeat, 6 different bidders above $1500 for the graded Kobe... So in the words of the famous John Maynard Keynes:

“It is astonishing what foolish things one can temporarily believe if one thinks too long alone, particularly in economics."
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:10 AM   #99 (permalink)

Seems to be the going rate. Kevin Love went for $370.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
rauchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:25 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
There were 6, I repeat, 6 different bidders above $1500 for the graded Kobe... So in the words of the famous John Maynard Keynes:

“It is astonishing what foolish things one can temporarily believe if one thinks too long alone, particularly in economics."
How many of them place a bid 6 days before auction finish? Also bumping attempt and high value oversniping prizmgold did is simply astonishin!! Especially for a person who is known to make price exceedingly high and don't pay if ending up winning.

They don't teach you shillling or price manipulation, do they, in pre-community college economics?

PLMK if you want to sell cards which I might need. Thx!
spinotron is offline   Reply With Quote