Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
yeah usa golds are going to be $500
Lol, Yeah, USA Golds will be $250. Lets scare people, so we can pick up all the cards once my paycheck clears =).
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Lol, Yeah, USA Golds will be $250. Lets scare people, so we can pick up all the cards once my paycheck clears =).
holy cow its working

there are 50 new usa golds listed on ebay
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM   #128 (permalink)
Banned

On a serious note

People buy want you like and want and you can afford . . Do not let these guys on here steer you into buying something or steer you away .

Good luck to everyone and

Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2012, 12:31 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
On a serious note

People buy want you like and want and you can afford . . Do not let these guys on here steer you into buying something or steer you away .

Good luck to everyone and

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
Old 12-31-2012, 12:32 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinotron View Post
I think what really happened about Lebron USA 2/10 is that original seller pulled that card and spelt prizm wrong hence less hit, so prizmgold got away with a steal.

eBay.com Item Bid History

Then he immediately relisted after receiving this card, but listed under lillard1 ID, further proving prizmgold=lillard1, if not enough proofs already. I think this was not intended on his part. But when you have multiple ID, mistakes like this will happen once in a while.

It's not non-paying bidder, quite a few would pay 745 for Lebron USA /10. It's a steal and relisted by the buyer under his second ID (a multiple-ID-revealing mistake in doing so). Or maybe not, potential buyers who are bidding on his auction won't find out he bought that only at 745 if he uses different ID because some top paying buyers don't know how to use completed auction features.

Also I'm surprised that people are paying 2k for a 9.5 Kobe USA. I don't think this release is too condition sensitive and when you have rarity by print, usually gold label doesn't add too much premium (especially when it's not condition sensitive). Also part of the reason it ended so high is that prizmgold bid it up so high well before end of auction. So when people wants to get it, they have to pay oversniped price, also maybe when bidding up so high early on, people might grow confortable with price level if they don't follow market too close.

Why prizmgold is so keen to help a possibly unrelated seller by bidding up? He has Kobe USA 10/10 and Lebron USA 6/10 and also 2/10 under auction. Props to his quick hands! If a random number can go for 2k, then for 10/10, sky is the limit. It will also help for the 2/10 USA Lebron. When Kobe USA is 2k, Lebron USA raw will be leaps and bounds above that buying price of 700, won't it?

He manipulated market, but at least he doesn't bid on his own auction using prizmgold ID. He makes it look legit and probably will elevate the overall market. Where does market stand, when prices are high enough and his stock emptied? Remains to be seen. Remember when you are collectors, it matters less when values crash as you love the cards and can have it even when many other products go out and money and market value flow other directions. But if you are short term flippers, then market is already too high, profit margin is tiny and risk of getting negative profits when you try to resell legitly (without shilling or bidding up from people who have similar cards to sell) is very high. Better save your money for National Treasures train before it leaves. This is why I don't like people who doesn't buy those to make a price record list, because it's not representing what really drives the market and can be misleading to buyers and add to the hypes.

Also for winner for Kobe USA 9.5 who also owns a USA Kobe already, it makes sense to get this 9.5 at top dollar and establishes the market. It's a nice card with demand, for example chrismiller will want it. What winner for Kobe USA 9.5 did is establishing a MV and get 9.5 copy and when selling his raw copy, the values will be high and probably will get close to 2k if not more, so he essentially replaces a likely 9.5 candidate with an already 9.5 copy. Nothing wrong with that. Actually a smart way to upgrade.

I also won't be surprised if winner for Kobe USA 9.5 is prizmgold (since he is a new member and also has a Kobe USA, conveniently appears before auction ends and confirms he is the 0-feedback, as prizmgold may have Singapore friends), but I sincerely hope I'm wrong and because it would be manipulation going to far. I'm not claiming it is so with evidence so far.

I also sit on two copies of Kobe USA gold and don't plan to get more, so I by no means want to downplay the market; if I follow BO tradition, I think I need to proclaim they are best thing since slice bread. But as a fellow collector, I want collector group to be aware of what is going on. And why it ends so high.

Happy New Year!
hope this lays to rest that Im not prizm gold.

Anyway people.....Happy New Year!!!!

Dear adrianlam2,

it must be confirmed paypal address ok. thanks again for your bid.

- itz_a_no_brainer
Click "respond" to reply through Messages, or go to your email to reply

To: itz_a_no_brainer
Subject: Re: Details about item: adrianlam2 sent a message about BGS 9.5 2012-13 PANINI PRIZM KOBE BRYANT USA GOLD PRIZMS REFRACTOR 5/10 POP 1/1 #181050015802
Sent Date: Dec 31, 2012 12:05:06 SGT

Dear itz_a_no_brainer,

Great! I won the auction!

I will get payment arranged the soonest and let you know. Merry Christmas and Happy New year!

Cheers,

Adrian

- adrianlam2

To: adrianlam2
Subject: Re: Details about item: adrianlam2 sent a message about BGS 9.5 2012-13 PANINI PRIZM KOBE BRYANT USA GOLD PRIZMS REFRACTOR 5/10 POP 1/1 #181050015802
Sent Date: Dec 31, 2012 11:29:36 SGT

Dear adrianlam2,

that is fine

- itz_a_no_brainer

Sent Date: Dec 31, 2012 11:27:54 SGT

Dear itz_a_no_brainer,

I would say within 3 days. No later than Thursday.

If you need a reference check, you can ask Premierhobbysg or flashshop on ebay. I have bought from them numerous times and have met face to face.

Hope that helps.

Adrian

- adrianlam2

To: adrianlam2
Sent Date: Dec 31, 2012 11:19:43 SGT

Dear adrianlam2,

how fast will you pay if you win?

- itz_a_no_brainer

Subject: Details about item: adrianlam2 sent a message about BGS 9.5 2012-13 PANINI PRIZM KOBE BRYANT USA GOLD PRIZMS REFRACTOR 5/10 POP 1/1 #181050015802
Sent Date: Dec 31, 2012 11:18:37 SGT

Dear itz_a_no_brainer,

Hi there,

I would like to inform you that I would like to bid on your Kobe Gold Prizm. I understand that you might be concerned as I do not have any feedback. If I win the auction and you are not comfortable with taking paypal from my account, I can arrange for a reputable ebay account user to paypal you. Hope its alright with you.

I already have a Kobe Gold USA too and would like another. Im XanderBfan on blowoutcards Forum.

Thanks again.

Adrian

- adrianlam2
XanderBfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:43 PM   #131 (permalink)

Quote:
DO you know prizmgold ?
Nope...i dont know him.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #132 (permalink)

Quote:
Your saying I have 10/10 I wish.

You have a little to much egg nog this year ?
Look Pepsi, I think most people know u are related to prizmgold. So just drop this. And u know spino is a real collector and not going to sell his lebron so u can offer him whatever high amount which further makes people that doesn't know the situation overvalue the cards. Ure going to hype them, sell them for big profits, and those that bought them so high will suddenly find all the "bidders" disappearing overnight when they try to sell it. And after the market calms down a lot, maybe you will get back in and buy some more at the lowers price so u can hype it up again. We have seen this over and over again in Michael Jordan inserts, Jeremy Lin, etc.
crazymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:53 PM   #133 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Look Pepsi, I think most people know u are related to prizmgold. So just drop this. And u know spino is a real collector and not going to sell his lebron so u can offer him whatever high amount which further makes people that doesn't know the situation overvalue the cards. Ure going to hype them, sell them for big profits, and those that bought them so high will suddenly find all the "bidders" disappearing overnight when they try to sell it. And after the market calms down a lot, maybe you will get back in and buy some more at the lowers price so u can hype it up again. We have seen this over and over again in Michael Jordan inserts, Jeremy Lin, etc.
I call out people who lie on here. They try to manipulate the system .
Are you buying prizm golds also

Your and spinotron owe this guy from signapore a apology . Guy bought a great card and two guys who don't like it call him out .

Great card sir I hope you enjoy it .

Last edited by pepsiporch; 12-31-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:01 PM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
I call out people who lie on here. They try to manipulate the system .
Are you buying prizm golds also

Your and spinotron owe this guy from signapore a apology . Guy bought a great card and two guys who don't like it call him out .

Card card I hope you enjoy it .
What signapore guy? What did i say about him?
Old 12-31-2012, 01:04 PM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
What signapore guy? What did i say about him?
me....lol....lets all enjoy the new year. Dont really care who is who. Just happy to get the card.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #136 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderBfan View Post
me....lol....lets all enjoy the new year. Dont really care who is who. Just happy to get the card.
Yup enjoy

Happy new year
Old 12-31-2012, 01:15 PM   #137 (permalink)

the end...?

http://blastman.imgur.com/
blastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:17 PM   #138 (permalink)
Banned

Well spinotron wants These to end normally to see where they end at .

So spinotron list your 1/10 and see where it ends at . That was my point of offering $2700 .

What would someone pay on open auction on it .

I am pretty sure it will get more then $2000 he paid

In the end these are nice cards and spinotron you have the best Kobe collection good luck

The end

Last edited by pepsiporch; 12-31-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:18 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Well spinotron wants These to end normally to see where they end at .

So spinotron list your 1/10 and see where it ends at . That was my point of offering $2700 .

What would someone pay on open auction on it .

I am pretty sure it will get more then 2k
There is NO open auction because everyone live auction is going to get bid up.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #140 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
There is NO open auction because everyone live auction is going to get bid up.
I guess you have a point there .

But a lot of things still sell on open auction .

I think a lot of people sold there stuff to low on this prizm

Last edited by pepsiporch; 12-31-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:12 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh yea thanks for reminding me the kobe one. There are indeed some real collectors for kobe prizm gold, but unfortunately they hvae to get through the b.s. shill bidding. Lets take a look at the bidding history shall we.

Top bidder, 0 feedbacks, 50% bid activity with seller

and then directly below him with 4 bids, guess who?

z***r( 280) US $2,002.00
Dec-30-12 19:47:08 PST

z***r( 280) US $2,001.00
Dec-30-12 19:46:39 PST

z***r( 280) US $2,000.00
Dec-30-12 14:42:25 PST

z***r( 280) US $1,950.00
Dec-28-12 12:30:48 PST

Our mr. non payer from the lebron gold.
Oh how silly me, i didn't realize that the 280 bids are none other than prizm gold

eBay Feedback Profile for prizmgold

Who changed his username:

prizmgold Dec-08-12 Present
thingstobuyandsell516 May-05-09 Dec-08-12

hum. thingstobuyandsell516, that username/paypal seems kinda familiar. So again stop playing stupid or i'll really have to call u out, and i'm talking directly to some members here. Just leave this thread alone and stop posting.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:50 PM   #142 (permalink)

So where are these people that drive up the prices of certain cards. I need them to turn their attention from the Kobe USA gold to the Lebron MVP gold
Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

what is the highest offer you got .

I believe I offered $850

but you said you wanted $1700
Old 12-31-2012, 03:57 PM   #144 (permalink)

$1700 from prizmgold the day I pulled it. I probably should have taken it, but I figured if I got that good of an offer just hours after pulling it; there would probably be even higher offers to come. So now I'm going to get it graded and we'll see what happens from there.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 AM   #145 (permalink)

Yoohoo!!!! Seller just emailed me saying the Kobe Gold was shipped today and I'll get it by Monday
Old 01-03-2013, 03:05 AM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderBfan View Post
Yoohoo!!!! Seller just emailed me saying the Kobe Gold was shipped today and I'll get it by Monday
Congratulations for getting the gold!

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:31 AM   #147 (permalink)

I have a lot of people telling me this will go down in value shortly, but I still think they will go up slightly once they dry up in people's PC. I guess we'll find out...
rauchand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 AM   #148 (permalink)

There diffenity going up. The first gold Kobe sold for 400. Now there 1200-1500 if you can even find one. They might go down a little bit once a better product comes out like nt
Old 01-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #149 (permalink)

Few new pick ups that came in the mail today!

Base 9/10

Downtown 6/10
Old 01-03-2013, 04:57 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
Few new pick ups that came in the mail today!

Base 9/10

Downtown 6/10

DAMN... I want that kobe so bad! Nice pickups =)