Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2012, 12:13 PM   #26 (permalink)

NBA -- Miami Heat's Dwyane Wade answering critics - ESPN

Just saw this recent article on ESPN. Perfect timing.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #27 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe31 View Post
Shaq did very little in the playoffs. Wade pretty much single handedly brought that championship to them that year. Even if so, what single handed superstar has ever won a title? That is the stupidest argument ever. Theres always either a couple of great players or just great teams(like the 04 Pistons for example) that win.

Also to say Wade is overrated is just wrong. He is one of the best in the league. Easily top 10, without Lebron he'd be top 5. Wade has sacrificed so much to have Lebron on his team. He can change and adapt in order to help his team win instead of just continue on his ways like Kobe is doing. Would you want Wade shooting 35 times a game like Kobe does to get his 28-30 points a game so everyone can stop bashing him? No. Its working out well for the Lakers. Until Kobe stops shooting every possession and works their loaded roster into the game, they aren't going to win. But why would Kobe want to adapt when he says that Wade did and is getting bashed and ridiculed for doing the same thing? He wants all the glory and puts himself before the team.

As for Wade being a dirty player, I don't see anything he does that is over the top. I see a very passionate competitor that loves the game. If you actually watch a game and not just clips on youtube, you'd see that almost all the time the other player will do something to him first. The NBA needs more players with his competitiveness. I miss the NBA when there weren't ticky tack fouls and superstar treatments. Lebron would average 5 points less a game if didn't get favored on every single call. Refs are scared to call fouls on him and scared to not call fouls when he misses a shot.

Wade a top 5? In the league or just on the Heat?

Its 2012 not 2006

!
tristan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Its funny I post a thread like this and I get called the biggest troll in the world.

But of course its okay if its about the heat and a heat player. LOL.

Classic example of the double standard I always talk about. Once again I am proven right. thanks folks!
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Cant tell if you're bashing on Wade, or making the point that everyones spelling his name wrong, lol.
Well, I am not a big fan of Mr. Wade. I don't particularly care for basketball, but do enjoy watching OKC when I get a chance (Christmas). He complains a lot, and plays very dirty, but whatever. I'm not interested in debating about it, cause I'd lose 999 times out of 1000.

My original intent was to call out the improper spelling of Dwyane's first name.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtsfan33 View Post
I hate DWade with all my heart, I can't think of a dirtier player.
LOL theres one on your own team. talk about homer goggles.

this thread is hilarious.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
T-Minus 5....4....3....
This was actually perfectly times and well executed. I applaud you.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Shaq did very little in the playoffs. Wade pretty much single handedly brought that championship to them that year. Even if so, what single handed superstar has ever won a title? That is the stupidest argument ever. Theres always either a couple of great players or just great teams(like the 04 Pistons for example) that win.

Also to say Wade is overrated is just wrong. He is one of the best in the league. Easily top 10, without Lebron he'd be top 5. Wade has sacrificed so much to have Lebron on his team. He can change and adapt in order to help his team win instead of just continue on his ways like Kobe is doing. Would you want Wade shooting 35 times a game like Kobe does to get his 28-30 points a game so everyone can stop bashing him? No. Its working out well for the Lakers. Until Kobe stops shooting every possession and works their loaded roster into the game, they aren't going to win. But why would Kobe want to adapt when he says that Wade did and is getting bashed and ridiculed for doing the same thing? He wants all the glory and puts himself before the team.

As for Wade being a dirty player, I don't see anything he does that is over the top. I see a very passionate competitor that loves the game. If you actually watch a game and not just clips on youtube, you'd see that almost all the time the other player will do something to him first. The NBA needs more players with his competitiveness. I miss the NBA when there weren't ticky tack fouls and superstar treatments. Lebron would average 5 points less a game if didn't get favored on every single call. Refs are scared to call fouls on him and scared to not call fouls when he misses a shot.
Wade isn't dirty??????? Did you see what he did to Sessions last night? How did sessions deserve that? Another loony heat fan.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristan20 View Post
Wade a top 5? In the league or just on the Heat?

Its 2012 not 2006
Or just on the Heat? He is 2nd and Bosh is a distant 3rd. Plus if you looked at the rest of my post, you'd see that my point was he has the capabilities of being top 5 in the league, he just doesn't have to because he cares more about his team winning and knows that if he and Lebron both play like they want that won't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
Well, I am not a big fan of Mr. Wade. I don't particularly care for basketball, but do enjoy watching OKC when I get a chance (Christmas). He complains a lot, and plays very dirty, but whatever. I'm not interested in debating about it, cause I'd lose 999 times out of 1000.

My original intent was to call out the improper spelling of Dwyane's first name.
Haha, ok, thats what I thought. Its amazing how many people spell his name wrong.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:27 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

has anyone seen bostonnut actually comment on a topic or state an opinion?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Wade isn't dirty??????? Did you see what he did to Sessions last night? How did sessions deserve that? Another loony heat fan.
The way Wade responded after he did it made me think it wasn't on purpose. He was off balance and his leg went up. Nothing close to a hard kick. It looked more like a reflex to me.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
The way Wade responded after he did it made me think it wasn't on purpose. He was off balance and his leg went up. Nothing close to a hard kick. It looked more like a reflex to me.
Yeah when someone gets fouled the normal reaction is kick there leg between someone's legs and bit them in the crotch... I know your bias but come on ......

Even I can admit some players on my team have made dirty plays...l
Old 12-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Metas elbow last season was the same way..looked like a reaction. He didnt know hardens head would be there at all!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:53 PM   #38 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post
That's a pretty good clip. Seems like this season most players have flopped less.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:56 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Go away...
Homer....Garnett has played dirty for years.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:57 PM   #41 (permalink)

Wade just stood there like a clown, if he it wasnt on purpose he'd go over and try to apologize. He knew what he did. He stared at him like he fought him and won.

Best part, Sessions got the foul
Old 12-27-2012, 12:58 PM   #42 (permalink)

I wasn't. My point was everyone needs some help, even Lebron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Yea, and you know EXACTLY who Lebron had to help him win a title. So dont sit here trying to justify that he did it himself!!
rauchand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #43 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Chucky;3896263]
Quote:
Go away...[/

Homer....Garnett has played dirty for years.
Both teams that have players that have a reputation as playing dirty.... I hope you're not defending wade on the play last night?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:00 PM   #44 (permalink)
Banned

MTV top 15 flops has 3 heats players

Last edited by Orangejello727; 12-27-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:01 PM   #45 (permalink)

Heat players never do nothing wrong!

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #46 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Its funny I post a thread like this and I get called the biggest troll in the world.

But of course its okay if its about the heat and a heat player. LOL.

Classic example of the double standard I always talk about. Once again I am proven right. thanks folks!
No takers on trying to explain this one? Lol
Old 12-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #47 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
No takers on trying to explain this one? Lol
It comes with the territory. You pimp Lebron as the "GOD" of the NBA. People will show you how he isnt. Need to take it in stride.

You will defend the Heat as if they never do anything wrong. GIFS above will prove otherwise. So which is it? They do play dirty or they dont?
Old 12-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
It comes with the territory. You pimp Lebron as the "GOD" of the NBA. People will show you how he isnt. Need to take it in stride.

You will defend the Heat as if they never do anything wrong. GIFS above will prove otherwise. So which is it? They do play dirty or they dont?
Watch out your in for a long and useless debate....
Old 12-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Where am I defending the heat in this thread?

And Lebron is god? Never said that either.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Where am I defending the heat in this thread?

And Lebron is god? Never said that either.

Why focus only on this thread? You have never defended the Heat in your history?

Where in this threa has anyone called you a troll that has you hulking up?

Quote:
Dont see myself calling you a troll in this thread