Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #176 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
WHats your point? Wade plays 110 game, Kobe 220 game total. The numbers are large enough to make it statistically insignificant. Statistics 101. ALso this further supports my point that Kobe most of his career had a much better team that Wade did. You dont think Wade would have won 5 championships if a healthy Shaq was on his team for another 5-7 years?

My point is simple, statistically they are about equal, but I like Wade more because he is original in his game. Kobe wanted to be like MJ and there is nothing he can do better than MJ, so it drops his value IMHO.
My point, Wade won't have the same numbers if he played another 110 games.

Miami could barely get passed Detroit. And no way in hell would Miami win another 5 titles with Shaq. Thats about the dumbest statement of the year.

Your argument is fundamently flawed because of games played. You can't say they are equally as good in the playoffs, when one has 3 more rings, and 110 more games played.

If Wade is so good, he would have won without Shaq, just as Kobe did.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #177 (permalink)

[QUOTE=1eyed_jack;3904366]You just contradicted yourself you know.

Kobe's playoff stats without shaq are

29.2ppg
5.4rpg
5.1apg
.5bpg
1.5spg

Shaq lowered Kobe's numbers. Please have some idea of what you're talking about.[/QUOT

Not counting Wades rookie year, without shaq, and lebron wade career playoff stats:

31.15ppg
5.3rpg
6.05apg
1.6BPG
1.3spg

Whats your point?
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundsupport View Post

Miami could barely get passed Detroit. And no way in hell would Miami win another 5 titles with Shaq. Thats about the dumbest statement of the year.

Your argument is fundamently flawed because of games played. You can't say they are equally as good in the playoffs, when one has 3 more rings, and 110 more games played.

Wade won with Shaq when he was old and averaging 17ppg, Kobe had Shaq when he was doing 27ppg, HUGE difference
Old 12-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #179 (permalink)

Quote:

Watch Wade win another 2-3 rings at Miami before his career is over. Hes only 30, Kobe is 35. Wade has Lebron in his prime, and Kobe had Shaq in his prime. Not to mention Kobe has Dwight Howard, who should be in his prime right now.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #180 (permalink)
Banned

And if you actually watched Kobe he isn't a Jordan knockoff. He has a lot of the moves Jordan had, but he certainly is a student of the game and has added shots to his game jordan never had, like the Dirk one-legged jumper and the running hook shot this year.

There hasn't been a completely original player in a very long time, everyone takes bits and pieces from what they watch.

Just like all modern music is derivative of very early music there aren't really any original basketball players these days, and Wade certainly isn't one that comes to mind when trying to think of one.

Wade was a great player, no doubt about it, but Kobe is widely considered a top 10 if not top 5 player all time.

Where does Wade fall? Top 50?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #181 (permalink)

Wade isn't Top 50.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
Watch Wade win another 2-3 rings at Miami before his career is over. Hes only 30, Kobe is 35. Wade has Lebron in his prime, and Kobe had Shaq in his prime. Not to mention Kobe has Dwight Howard, who should be in his prime right now.
Understand something else wade will be in the playoffs the next 4-5 years, lets see what his numbers are after those years compared to Kobe's playoff numbers
vinsanity15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:04 PM   #183 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
And if you actually watched Kobe he isn't a Jordan knockoff. He has a lot of the moves Jordan had, but he certainly is a student of the game and has added shots to his game jordan never had, like the Dirk one-legged jumper and the running hook shot this year.

There hasn't been a completely original player in a very long time, everyone takes bits and pieces from what they watch.

Just like all modern music is derivative of very early music there aren't really any original basketball players these days, and Wade certainly isn't one that comes to mind when trying to think of one.

Wade was a great player, no doubt about it, but Kobe is widely considered a top 10 if not top 5 player all time.

Where does Wade fall? Top 50?

If Kobe could hit with the same percentage the shot that Jordan made he wouldnt need to develop more moves. But his core game stems from Jordans. I certainly agree with you that Wade hasnt won enough championships to be top 10 yet, but thats why I made the point that hes got another 5-6 years to go. I just dont like the Wade bashing. He was always a shadow coming into the league with Bron. I watched this guy since he was at Marquette. Wade is the most underrated player in NBA history imho. He deserves to be top 10, if he wins another 2-3 rings at Miami
Old 12-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
30 more pages!!!

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP

30 more pages!!!

CLAP, CLAP, CLAP CLAP CLAP
I actually do believe it might get there.

And I for one, will just sit back and laugh at the clownish antics that happen in this forum and thread.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity15 View Post
Understand something else wade will be in the playoffs the next 4-5 years, lets see what his numbers are after those years compared to Kobe's playoff numbers

Wade is a leader. He wanted Bron to get his ring first. I expect him to be more dominant this year in the playoffs
Old 12-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #186 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If Kobe could hit with the same percentage the shot that Jordan made he wouldnt need to develop more moves. But his core game stems from Jordans. I certainly agree with you that Wade hasnt won enough championships to be top 10 yet, but thats why I made the point that hes got another 5-6 years to go. I just dont like the Wade bashing. He was always a shadow coming into the league with Bron. I watched this guy since he was at Marquette. Wade is the most underrated player in NBA history imho. He deserves to be top 10, if he wins another 2-3 rings at Miami
Eh, Wade's not a bad player, but he definitely reached his peak about 4 years ago
Old 12-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #187 (permalink)

Jesus Christ you people....give it up already on all the Heat topics...if you're not pro-Heat you're just going to be banging your head against the wall for 30+ pages.

Just stop...it's not worth it.
Old 12-28-2012, 04:28 PM   #188 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Jesus Christ you people....give it up already on all the Heat topics...if you're not pro-Heat you're just going to be banging your head against the wall for 30+ pages.

Just stop...it's not worth it.
Still wondering if anyone has ever seen you post something constructive to the topic?

Only time you show up is when there's a fight or its a heat thread.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:40 PM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Eh, Wade's not a bad player, but he definitely reached his peak about 4 years ago
Dwyane Wade: 2012 Playoffs Highlights - YouTube

He did not look like he reached his peak in the playoffs last year. Just look how he pounds westbrook. Hes a 225pound beast. People forget how strong he is.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #190 (permalink)

Quote:
Dwyane Wade: 2012 Playoffs Highlights - YouTube

He did not look like he reached his peak in the playoffs last year. Just look how he pounds westbrook. Hes a 225pound beast. People forget how strong he is.

Sounds like someone has a man crush.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #191 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounds like someone has a man crush.
Hell I would take Allen Iverson over Kobe Bryant both in their primes. AI took a bunch of scrubs in 2001 to the Playoff Finals. Kobe never did that.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:23 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Hell I would take Allen Iverson over Kobe Bryant both in their primes. AI took a bunch of scrubs in 2001 to the Playoff Finals. Kobe never did that.
And Jason Kidd took a bunch of scrubs to the finals twice?

The East was trash then.

Hell even the Pacers made the finals.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
And Jason Kidd took a bunch of scrubs to the finals twice?

The East was trash then.

Hell even the Pacers made the finals.
Jason Kidd is one of the greatest that ever played his position. He took dallas and this year probably is going to help Knicks go far.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:05 PM   #194 (permalink)

Quote:
Jason Kidd is one of the greatest that ever played his position. He took dallas and this year probably is going to help Knicks go far.
He took Dallas or Dirk Nowitzki took Dallas?
Old 12-28-2012, 07:16 PM   #195 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
He took Dallas or Dirk Nowitzki took Dallas?
They both did. Thats exactly my point. It takes 2 good players, and a good bench to win the title. Kobe was always spoon fed those parts. What dont you comprehend about it. Kobe is a great player, no doubt about that. Im just saying he did not do crahp on his own
Old 12-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #196 (permalink)

Quote:
And Wade is not.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #197 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
They both did. Thats exactly my point. It takes 2 good players, and a good bench to win the title. Kobe was always spoon fed those parts. What dont you comprehend about it. Kobe is a great player, no doubt about that. Im just saying he did not do crahp on his own

So does anyone still argue when I say this kid is probably 10?
Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #198 (permalink)

HOLD ON A DARN SECOND...

The Miami Heat say Dwyane Wade didn?t deserve his suspension, is a nice boy | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

murrke hasn't posted in that thread yet?? You NEED to defend your Heat, buddy!!
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #199 (permalink)

I agree, the Heat are just being bullied by the rest of the league. They are totally innocent and never do anything wrong, just ignore the laundry list of Wade issues, but I hope David Stern didnt die laughing on the phone when Pat Riley called to complain, I mean he probably didnt he just told the officials not to call a foul on Lebron for a month

.......and now the Heat defenders
Old 12-28-2012, 11:03 PM   #200 (permalink)
Banned

What am i supose to defend? Who cares?

But you are telling me teams don't go Into games and say foul wade and Lebron hard. Haha

That's what they are talking about. But honestly who
cares its not a big deal because it won't change anything.

Teams release statements like this all the time. Phil Jackson, Cuban, doc etc etc. it's mind games.

Last edited by murrke03; 12-28-2012 at 11:09 PM.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote