Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 12:09 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Question Gold prizm sell now or hold on to?

I recently pulled a paul pierce gold finalists prizm #10/10 and was wondering if i should sell now because value might go down or keep? i think its a beautiful card and its hard to let go of and im not in the hobby just for resale but i wouldnt want to lose value on this card. please leave your thoguhts and lmk thanks for all the help in advance.

http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p521/treefer4/
treefer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

sell now~
kiddpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:19 AM   #3 (permalink)

IMO, these Gold Prizms will be hot until the "next big thing" comes out. It appears that the next big thing will be National Treasures. With this year's rookies, since Lillard is not signing for Panini, the Prizm Gold could very well be his biggest card (the NT RPA will be the top rookie for everyone else). As for the veterans, look at the PMG's from retro. They came out a ball of fire and have since leveled off. They are still highly valuable though. I see the base, Oly, and MVP of the top veterans (Kobe and Lebron) leveling out in the $1000-1500 range and the Finalists and Downtown bound will be in the $800-900 range (maybe a little less).

Last edited by gottagitdemjs; 12-28-2012 at 01:23 AM.
gottagitdemjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs View Post
IMO, these Gold Prizms will be hot until the "next big thing" comes out. It appears that the next big thing will be National Treasures. With this year's rookies, since Lillard is not signing for Panini, the Prizm Gold could very well be his biggest card (the NT RPA will be the top rookie for everyone else). As for the veterans, look at the PMG's from retro. They came out a ball of fire and have since leveled off. They are still highly valuable though. I see the base, Oly, and MVP of the top veterans (Kobe and Lebron) leveling out in the $1000-1500 range and the Finalists and Downtown bound will be in the $800-900 range (maybe a little less).
Then why are you asking $1700 on your MVP Lebron or sending it in for grading. .
You cannot compare a Lebron pmg lot of. 50 or 150 to these golds /10 and the green is on another planet compared to these .

More people can actually buy and hold these golds .
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Then why are you asking $1700 on your MVP Lebron or sending it in for grading. .
You cannot compare a Lebron pmg lot of. 50 or 150 to these golds /10 and the green is on another planet compared to these .

More people can actually buy and hold these golds .
I'm asking $1700 for it because I'm not too keen on moving it just yet and I'm also not in a position where I need the money right now. The cards look so good in hand that it would be hard for me to let it go. It's also the biggest card I've ever pulled myself so I have sentimental attachment to it. So thats the reason for the high price. If someone wants to pay it, the card can be theirs, if not, it stays with me. And if I hold on to it for too long and lose money, well it definitely wouldn't be the first time that has happened and I know it won't be the last. As for my predicted value, I stand by that. I think after this initial period where they are the hottest thing going, they will level out a bit. I hope I'm wrong and they turn into the next PMG. That would be awesome.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:05 AM   #6 (permalink)

There super hott right now SELL