Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 11:22 PM   #226 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
This thread would have been done 4 pages ago if you didn't get all hurt. Like I said originally move on and calm down.
Likewise if you could realize how much of a troll you are and leave things alone...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #227 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
See here's the issue. You jumped to the conclusion that I was criticizing and talking crap about hk. Even after I posted it was a joke numerous times. You got extremely defensive for no reason. Do you actually think I thought hk was protecting him? Like seriously think for a second.

Still wondering why you felt the need to mention me in that thread. Lol
Considering how bitter you always are about them, yes. Logic doesn't seem to have a place in your brain, at least not based on what you show on these forums.

You poked fun. Somebody joined in. You poked again. Sounds just like a little baby upset because you were banned.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #228 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Considering how bitter you always are about them, yes. Logic doesn't seem to have a place in your brain, at least not based on what you show on these forums.

You poked fun. Somebody joined in. You poked again. Sounds just like a little baby upset because you were banned.
Yup that's it. Im a little baby. I just learned to type and haven't even learned to speak yet.

You still haven't answered as to why you were talking to me and mentioning me in that thread? Is that logical? Haha

Last edited by murrke03; 01-07-2013 at 10:26 AM.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #229 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
Okay, so how would Signature Confirmation protect against situations like this?
Can anyone break it down for me?

-Brandon


Brandon -

It would not change the situation. I receive several dozen mailer everyday. At least three times a week I must sign for one more more packages. The postman doesn't hand me that package and allow me to open first. I don't know what is in it until after I have signed and he is gone. I don't believe I can legally open the package before signing. So, the same boat you would float.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #230 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
They just proved their system is a perfect blue print for the scammers . How sad
Without using an escrow company how else could this situation be prevented. It ends up as a he-said, she-said. We don't know, nor does paypal, what the buyer actually receives.

I've received damaged cards that were perfectly packaged only for the seller to tell me that USPS did it.

ASIDE:

Step back and look at the situation from a legal standpoint, not from an emotional standpoint. How could paypal rule differently? eBay policy doesn't say that a lost item is split 50-50 between buyer and seller. eBay policy states that a buyer WILL RECEIVE item purchased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Still showing your ignorance. You find it highly unlikely that they don't scour all other forums searching for threads incase any of their members have done something wrong? Other than you doing that for anybody mentioning Lebron in a negative way, who else would have the time?
I helped found that site, but I was banned because I disapprove of the current Washington politics. What does that have to do with cards or trading integrity? I've conducted over 20,000 online transactions and I treat each and everyone personally. You won't have any concern buying from me. I guess I need to be on everyone's blocked list. I was invited back months ago, but I declined.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."

Last edited by fullmetal; 01-07-2013 at 11:04 AM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:42 AM   #231 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post



I helped found that site, but I was banned because I disapprove of the current Washington politics. What does that have to do with cards or trading integrity? I've conducted over 20,000 online transactions and I treat each and everyone personally. You won't have any concern buying from me. I guess I need to be on everyone's blocked list. I was invited back months ago, but I declined.
Hey Matt, i just sent your stuff out this morning, I also signed you up for a number of snail mail mailing lists from the NAACP, a couple labor and community organizing groups, that kind of stuff. I figured since its never not appropriate to inject personal politics into any and every arena, this might be a fun reprieve to read up on in between ginobili packages
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:44 AM   #232 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
Hey Matt, i just sent your stuff out this morning, I also signed you up for a number of snail mail mailing lists from the NAACP, a couple labor and community organizing groups, that kind of stuff. I figured since its never not appropriate to inject personal politics into any and every arena, this might be a fun reprieve to read up on in between ginobili packages
That is a federal crime.

My tax rate just went up. Are you not upset that yours went up, but you won't see any additional benefits for YOUR MONEY?
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."

Last edited by fullmetal; 01-07-2013 at 11:46 AM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:48 AM   #233 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,769
Default

Federal crime? Pssshhhh.....F the feds!
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #234 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
Federal crime? Pssshhhh.....F the feds!
Identify theft is considered a federal offense investigated by the FBI. On a civil front, signing another person up for mailings is considered impersonation, a tort offense.

Do you have a crush on me? Why do you follow my online postings? I sent you money, a capitalist action and you defend the current Administration? Note: I made no direct or indirect reference to the Administration until the sentence prior to this one. All of Washington is headed the wrong direction.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."

Last edited by fullmetal; 01-07-2013 at 11:55 AM.
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #235 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
Federal crime? Pssshhhh.....F the feds!
A mod from HK here to harrass members of this forum.

Just an FYI, its a federal offense to use someones priviate information without their consent to sign them up for anything.

I expected this from people who beg you for financial donations then ban you once you squeeze the tap on free money to support their cracking habits!! Go Figure!

Last edited by Orangejello727; 01-07-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #236 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,032
Default

Some people are so bitter about things..... Tis thread will be shut down soon because of all the uselessness....
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 PM   #237 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Some people are so bitter about things..... Tis thread will be shut down soon because of all the uselessness....
And hopefully some vacations handed out...my God...
__________________
Last edited by AP4MVP
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #238 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
ASIDE:

Step back and look at the situation from a legal standpoint, not from an emotional standpoint. How could paypal rule differently? eBay policy doesn't say that a lost item is split 50-50 between buyer and seller. eBay policy states that a buyer WILL RECEIVE item purchased.
You will get more scammer from the seller side due to 50-50 split. Seller creates a fake auction. Sell the item to the buyer with empty package. Buyer filed charges. Seller gets to keep 50% of the sale.

eBay current policy works most of the cases. Seller is harder to cheat. And for buyers, if they cheat by saying package is empty, they are running the risk of making a crime.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:10 PM   #239 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
And hopefully some vacations handed out...my God...
I would think some people are close to vacations or being gone for good... I know there are some users on here many people wish would vanish.....we can only hope
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:11 PM   #240 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,769
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Identify theft is considered a federal offense investigated by the FBI. On a civil front, signing another person up for mailings is considered impersonation, a tort offense.

Do you have a crush on me? Why do you follow my online postings? I sent you money, a capitalist action and you defend the current Administration? Note: I made no direct or indirect reference to the Administration until the sentence prior to this one. All of Washington is headed the wrong direction.


I didn't sign ya up for anything silly, I wouldn't do that to you. I was merely attempting to make a point about how there are mediums which are inappropriate to get involved with things like this. You don't want to read about the NAACP in the comfort of your own personal sphere, but yet here I am injecting it into to your home, in front of your face.......which is totally bogus!! (again, i did not sign you up for anything). Why the F should you have to deal with ideas that, as a grown adult, you know you are NEVER going to be into? You shouldn't have to. So federal crime not withstanding, it is just wrong and inappropriate. I was ATTEMPTING to illustrate some similarity between that, and going on a basketball card message board and having to deal with some dude's political rants. And, like you just said, that doesn't have the FIRST thing to do with integrity or cards
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:13 PM   #241 (permalink)
Member
 
BostonNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 11,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I would think some people are close to vacations or being gone for good... I know there are some users on here many people wish would vanish.....we can only hope
I don't care if anyone goes or not as I choose to exercise my right to use the ignore feature but why can't everyone just act like mature, grown ass men on here? It's mind-boggling how some people treat others on here...
__________________
Last edited by AP4MVP
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #242 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I would think some people are close to vacations or being gone for good... I know there are some users on here many people wish would vanish.....we can only hope
If you want this place to look like HK, why dont you just go there? Why come here? IT seems like members here are easy with transacting and talking in general. The key to the fighting starts with an HK member comes to this forum to promote their forum and brings up useless facts about being banned.

I have many more feedback on here than you do. I have 100x more on ebay than you do. Yet you think me being banned from HK gives you more credibilty in the BST section?

The fights would stop if HK foot soliders stopped coming here to poach members and harrass BO members in general.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:16 PM   #243 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
You will get more scammer from the seller side due to 50-50 split. Seller creates a fake auction. Sell the item to the buyer with empty package. Buyer filed charges. Seller gets to keep 50% of the sale.

eBay current policy works most of the cases. Seller is harder to cheat. And for buyers, if they cheat by saying package is empty, they are running the risk of making a crime.
I agree. I wasn't attempting to justify the situation or the rules...simply wanted to point out how to look at it from a regulation/legal perspective. Both parties have a right to their side of the case and an unbiased third party must determine the true facts. Not a job I would care to perform.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #244 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
I agree. I wasn't attempting to justify the situation or the rules...simply wanted to point out how to look at it from a regulation/legal perspective. Both parties have a right to their side of the case and an unbiased third party must determine the true facts. Not a job I would care to perform.
Legal perspective is not the best interest of any of the parties. Seller wants money. Buyers want cards. In most cases, people do not want to deal with any lawsuit (even if they have 100% true fact to win the case).
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #245 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 8,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Legal perspective is not the best interest of any of the parties. Seller wants money. Buyers want cards. In most cases, people do not want to deal with any lawsuit (even if they have 100% true fact to win the case).
Clarification: I didn't mean legal as to court system, but legal as to paypal's job of dispute resolution.

Unless an independent third party (escrow) accepts both payment and item, evaluates both and distributes, I can't think of a better method. I am sure eBay would love to hear of a better method. They have come a long way since I joined in 1999, but they continue to adapt.
__________________
"All I wanted was a Pepsi and she wouldn't give it to me."
fullmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #246 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
If you want this place to look like HK, why dont you just go there? Why come here? IT seems like members here are easy with transacting and talking in general. The key to the fighting starts with an HK member comes to this forum to promote their forum and brings up useless facts about being banned.

I have many more feedback on here than you do. I have 100x more on ebay than you do. Yet you think me being banned from HK gives you more credibilty in the BST section?

The fights would stop if HK foot soliders stopped coming here to poach members and harrass BO members in general.
I never said I wanted this place to look like hobbykings. When did I say that?

I use multiple sites such as eBay,blowout,SCF and hobbykings to trade buy and sell....

I never called you out in anyway... I am not sure why you're being so defensive....you are correct you have more feedback here than me.
Many which come from group breaks...congrats.

My point about asking about members banned on other sites is to protect myself and the site I work for. I would think any user would be looking to protect themselves people who are banned from similar sites or have had other issues. I believe that is allowed....

Perhaps you have a great eBay rating and history. If so that's great that you provide trustworthy transactions. I have no information on that.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #247 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I don't care if anyone goes or not as I choose to exercise my right to use the ignore feature but why can't everyone just act like mature, grown ass men on here? It's mind-boggling how some people treat others on here...
Coming from you this is hilarious. You are the first to show up and post trolling crap in many topics. You should maybe take your own advice.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:35 PM   #248 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
I don't care if anyone goes or not as I choose to exercise my right to use the ignore feature but why can't everyone just act like mature, grown ass men on here? It's mind-boggling how some people treat others on here...
Some people act so ignorant.... But I do t use the ignore function because I feel it's like life you dot have an gnome button sadly. I just hope eventually some users eventually get booted for whatever reasons the BO staff deems fit..

I work over at SCF and we have have much less tolerance for trolling and such.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:39 PM   #249 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Some people act so ignorant.... But I do t use the ignore function because I feel it's like life you dot have an gnome button sadly. I just hope eventually some users eventually get booted for whatever reasons the BO staff deems fit..

I work over at SCF and we have have much less tolerance for trolling and such.
Whats the scammer rate over at SCF? I hear of some pretty bad horror stories.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #250 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Whats the scammer rate over at SCF? I hear of some pretty bad horror stories.
I would love to hear some stories.....

I think you would know a user named Haiku... He tried to perform similar things on SCF but he was stopped... He also tried to create numerous accounts and all attempts were blocked...

I am not sure why you even posted a reply to my initial post....I never mentioned you under... You seemed very defensive.....Odd...

If you're so proud of your eBay account and your selling there, why don't you have it on here to help promote sales?
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/421028-what-can-i-do-about-someone-saying-card-wasnt-package.html
Posted By For Type Date
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-06-2013 02:04 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-05-2013 10:45 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-05-2013 09:50 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-05-2013 09:22 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-05-2013 12:32 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 12-29-2012 04:31 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 12-29-2012 01:57 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 12-29-2012 01:40 PM
Received package with no card This thread Refback 12-29-2012 10:47 AM
Received package with no card This thread Pingback 12-28-2012 12:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.