Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #51 (permalink)

Chris had his first deal on here with me for a $ 450 Gordon card. I didn't know him at all. I sent with signature confirmation & had no problems with him. Chris is a stand up guy. As for the actual problem, I don't see why you wouldn't win the case if it shows it was delivered.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:50 PM   #52 (permalink)

I would have threatened him with mail fraud and how it is a federal offense. Mail fraud cases are very easy to open.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #53 (permalink)

He's another He said He said thread..

I've had packages delivered with nothing in them around CHRISTMAS TIME a few times.. The USPS hires temps, and some know what little manila envelopes are and they know how to take a nice sharp blade down the end and open the packages..

I had one package where the driver had me sign for the package and then was curious what was I was getting from Upper Deck.. I opened the packaged expecting a Steve Young Auto and it was empty.. I had already signed for it, but since the driver was right there, he said he would take care of it.. Luckily it was UD that had this issue as now anything I get from them is delivered via FedEx and I have to sign for it!!.. They won't send anything via USPS to me anymore..

Good luck on this issue..

Also, when I am selling a card thru EBAY I look at the buyers feedback and if it's sketchy, I will automatically put insurance on it, as well as anything over $50.. I got burned once by some scammer, and luckily it was only about a $45 card. Better to be safe then sorry..

Last edited by pinbreaker; 12-29-2012 at 12:03 AM.
pinbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:00 AM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
I'm 90% sure u got scammed. Kids will scam u and throw away their morales for $10.
And sometimes for even less, $7 on the pat neshek boards
Cuddy Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:23 AM   #55 (permalink)

The buyer in this has been shown to be a shill bidder.

His other account is DNPlayer03. This is determined from posts on FCB - FCB member Nick1190 made a post about being the buyer in this transaction and he also made previous posts showing his Ebay account to be DNPlayer03.

You'll note that on many of his auctions (DNPlayer03), there is an account that bids on those auctions shown as "t***e". Earlier tonight that account had seven feedback. There was speculation that may be the matty_ice_2 account. Well, tonight, the matty_ice_2 account received another positive increasing it's feedback score to eight. At the same time, that account, "t***e" in the bid histories of DNPlayer03 also increased to eight.

This was determined through the work of several people over on FCB where there is an ongoing thread that was originally started by the buyer in this transaction.

This type of activity may be indicative of other less than scrupulous practices being perpetrated by the buyer.

Last edited by BuynHiSellnLow; 12-29-2012 at 10:11 AM.
BuynHiSellnLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 AM   #56 (permalink)

There is only 1 option really... Too risky to send within the country.... Better just sell international from here on in...

http://s670.photobucket.com/user/brentus777/library/For%20Sale%20or%20Trade?sort=6&page=1
brentus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:12 AM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeingJustin View Post
Chris had his first deal on here with me for a $ 450 Gordon card. I didn't know him at all. I sent with signature confirmation & had no problems with him. Chris is a stand up guy. As for the actual problem, I don't see why you wouldn't win the case if it shows it was delivered.
Yeah I hope so but I'm not sure if ill win. I did use ebay shipping and updated my tracking info automatically
Old 12-29-2012, 06:00 AM   #58 (permalink)

$140 is a bargain for that card! I would easily pay that all day
Old 12-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
op,

I am seriously not trying to bust your chops and I am sorry for your troubles and I hope you get your money back. However, having said that there is a reason why you will lose this case. I know you dont wanna hear this right now but the reason you will lose is this.

Whats to stop every single seller on Ebay from sending empty packages if they know the buyer could do nothing about it except give them a negative. See what I am saying. I am not claiming to know the exact numbers but I think it would be fairly safe to say that less then 1/10th of 1 percent of buyers ever claim that nothing was in the package. They may claim damage or something along those lines but I dont think alot of people make claims saying the package was empty. And of the ones that do then Ebay is gonna refund them because they would rather have a few pissed off sellers who are upset that they got taken then a bunch of pissed off buyers who got empty packages. Ebay can lose sellers and stay afloat. If they lose buyers there is no Ebay. They always, always will protect thier buyers first. As would most places of business. I do hope I am wrong for your sake though and please follow up with this thread if you remember once the case closes. I would be interested in hearing the outcome.
Lock your windows and doors. A group of Penguins have been committing home invasions.Yes, thats right, I said Penguins. They are armed and considered extremely dangerous. You have been warned---God Bless--I like turtles--Is an horse a athlete?
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:40 AM   #60 (permalink)

So the package was not tamper with? Or ripped open? Unless you forgot to put the gordon in there its not possible
Boston Redsox
bbplaya11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbplaya11 View Post
So the package was not tamper with? Or ripped open? Unless you forgot to put the gordon in there its not possible
He said the package looked okay. No damage was done. I have no idea what happened to the card? Someone at the post office might have swiped it?
Old 12-29-2012, 09:39 AM   #62 (permalink)
Banned

Can someone explain the purpose of delivery confirmation. Because I have now heard both sides of it. Some say you are covered as long a it say delivered. Now others are saying you are not covered by that alone.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Can someone explain the purpose of delivery confirmation. Because I have now heard both sides of it. Some say you are covered as long a it say delivered. Now others are saying you are not covered by that alone.
Delivery confirmation only confirms delivery of a package.

Delivery confirmation does not confirm what is or isn't inside of said package.
ManInTheMirror is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:51 AM   #64 (permalink)

Since he opened a claim you have a few days left.

I would get all your facts together about him having 2 accounts (pretty sure that's against the rules on eBay unless that's changed)

Show the proof he has shilled his own auctions and go from there.

You could even link to this thread and the FCB thread too because PayPal will look at them.

Good luck man and I hope it goes in your favor
Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Since he opened a claim you have a few days left.

I would get all your facts together about him having 2 accounts (pretty sure that's against the rules on eBay unless that's changed)

Show the proof he has shilled his own auctions and go from there.

You could even link to this thread and the FCB thread too because PayPal will look at them.

Good luck man and I hope it goes in your favor
Yeah I emailed the guy to make sure he wanted to go through with the case. I told me everyone is talking about his 2 different accounts and all the shilling he has been doing on his accounts. I told him if he drops the case Ill have this thread deleted. Im waiting to see what he says back?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:29 AM   #66 (permalink)

you should report him for mail fraud and show paypal that he shills his own auctions with another account, which shows that he has no problem about engaging in wrongful activity.
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:49 AM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
Yeah I emailed the guy to make sure he wanted to go through with the case. I told me everyone is talking about his 2 different accounts and all the shilling he has been doing on his accounts. I told him if he drops the case Ill have this thread deleted. Im waiting to see what he says back?
Yes because we all know by deleting a topic shady behavior then is forgotten on the Internet..
tonedef2oo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:59 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
Bad thing is now the guy has you on extortion and if he sends the message to ebay they could close your account. I had a similar incident where I sent a card out and the buyer stated he did not receive the card. Ebay changed the case for the buy from item not received to an item as not described case since he signed for it and the DC showed delivered. Unfortunately Paypal and Ebay will side with the buyer as long as he complies with all of the things they ask him to do. In my case I was covered since I insured the item and was able to get my money back from the post office after two and a half months of jumping through their hoops.
pat10021839 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat10021839 View Post
Bad thing is now the guy has you on extortion and if he sends the message to ebay they could close your account. I had a similar incident where I sent a card out and the buyer stated he did not receive the card. Ebay changed the case for the buy from item not received to an item as not described case since he signed for it and the DC showed delivered. Unfortunately Paypal and Ebay will side with the buyer as long as he complies with all of the things they ask him to do. In my case I was covered since I insured the item and was able to get my money back from the post office after two and a half months of jumping through their hoops.
I was just letting him know that this might blow up a lot bigger than he thought. I wanted him to really make sure he wanted to go through with the case. Either way I plan on taking the hit so it is what it is at this point. Maybe he will just go away and not proceed? Lesson learned
Old 12-29-2012, 12:16 PM   #70 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

make sure you use a 3rd party if you plan on using insurance. USPS does not recognize card value for insurance. I hope you pull this one out. keep us posted
Old 12-29-2012, 01:50 PM   #71 (permalink)

THIS GUY DOES SCAM PEOPLE. There was a thread on here a few months back about him. Id tried looking for it but i cant seem to find it. He changes ids on ebay. There were some people that bought items off forums from him and paid and then he wouldnt send. Hes a kid from New York. Wish i remembered everything. The only forum he stays legit on is hobbykings. He even admitted scamming a guy once before and got caught up and sent a message saying he was sorry. His hobbykings id is cp3 4 mvp. The card is posted in a thread of his also as a new pickup.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterpiece View Post
THIS GUY DOES SCAM PEOPLE. There was a thread on here a few months back about him. Id tried looking for it but i cant seem to find it. He changes ids on ebay. There were some people that bought items off forums from him and paid and then he wouldnt send. Hes a kid from New York. Wish i remembered everything. The only forum he stays legit on is hobbykings. He even admitted scamming a guy once before and got caught up and sent a message saying he was sorry. His hobbykings id is cp3 4 mvp. The card is posted in a thread of his also as a new pickup.
Wait, so he posted the Gordon as a new pick up?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:04 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Where did you see the photo of my card?
Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #74 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:

Quote:
Wait, so he posted the Gordon as a new pick up?
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!!

Now that it has been brought up. I was pm;ed on fcb by a very reliable source that he had issues over here under an id and that he would take payment and not send. I as well am unable to find the thread. Hopefully I can once i get more time or get lucky using the search feature. I was waiting til I had my ducks in a row but glad to see others remembered too

Last edited by wheeler281; 12-29-2012 at 02:09 PM.
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:11 PM   #75 (permalink)

Yes

HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!!

Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:24 pm Post subject: Recent Pickups!!!
picked these up over the last week. Enjoy, and happy holidays!

http://i443.photobucket.com/albums/q...all/gordon.jpg

Last edited by lennox.p; 12-29-2012 at 02:15 PM.
lennox.p is offline   Reply With Quote