Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 05:25 AM   #126 (permalink)
Member
 
chrismiller81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 1,458
Default

Case is still on hold while he proves the item was counterfeit ...
__________________
LEBRON.......KOBE......
EXQUISITES WANTED
chrismiller81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #127 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
Case is still on hold while he proves the item was counterfeit ...
Yeah I think he's screwed himself with what he has tried to file. He says that you sent him nothing, yet it's counterfeit? What is, it's a counterfeit nothing?
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #128 (permalink)
Member
 
chrismiller81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Yeah I think he's screwed himself with what he has tried to file. He says that you sent him nothing, yet it's counterfeit? What is, it's a counterfeit nothing?
haha yeah right... This scam is going around right now. I just seen where it happened to someone in the football section. Same exact thing happened to him... Sellers be careful!! Scum bags are everywhere these days!!!!
__________________
LEBRON.......KOBE......
EXQUISITES WANTED
chrismiller81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #129 (permalink)
Member
 
MrMasterpiece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,516
Default

Just checking to see if i get a reward for giving the information leading to his conviction? Glad to see things look promising for you in this case.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #130 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Excuse me?
How have I made this 'a thread about myself'? I have shared an experience I had and warned that ebay don't use common sense and despite evidence, may still do nothing.
And also questioned why HK gets bashed, needlessly.

Yeah, totally made this all about me....
just pokin' fun mate relax.
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 AM   #131 (permalink)
Member
 
solt0131's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 5,681
Default

So basically anyone can buy any card and receive and claim empty package, you just have to hope you're not the seller in one of these cases because basically it can be done 100% of the time. Most people have morals and ethics but some don't.
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #132 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 594
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
Case is still on hold while he proves the item was counterfeit ...
if they don't side with you on this one, there is no hope for sellers. these scammers need a swift one to the jaw. card never arrived but is also counterfeit. classic
cardsdownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 11:58 AM   #133 (permalink)
Member
 
brandonlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,622
Default

Okay, so how would Signature Confirmation protect against situations like this?
Can anyone break it down for me?

-Brandon
__________________
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/brandonlec/

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) I am the proud 3 time recipient of Blowout's Jester of the Year Award (Funniest Member of the Year) - 2011, 2012, 2013
brandonlec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:35 PM   #134 (permalink)
Member
 
chrismiller81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
So basically anyone can buy any card and receive and claim empty package, you just have to hope you're not the seller in one of these cases because basically it can be done 100% of the time. Most people have morals and ethics but some don't.
Yep pretty much scares me to death about selling anything worth a decent amount. Theres a guy on the football forum said the same thing just happened to him yesterday. WTF
__________________
LEBRON.......KOBE......
EXQUISITES WANTED
chrismiller81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #135 (permalink)
Member
 
chrismiller81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 1,458
Default

Just lost my case.. Imagine that.. LOL

Hi chrismiller81,

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.

We issued a full refund of $145.00 on Jan 05, 2013 to the buyer. As described in the eBay Buyer Protection program, the refund includes the purchase price, plus original shipping. This amount will be deducted from your PayPal account or charged to your preferred reimbursement payment method. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
This case has been decided in the buyer's favor.

Comments:
The buyer claimed that they received an empty box.
__________________
LEBRON.......KOBE......
EXQUISITES WANTED
chrismiller81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:55 PM   #136 (permalink)
Member
 
Kosmo Kards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Passed out in the Circus Liquor parking lot!!!!
Posts: 2,061
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismiller81 View Post
Just lost my case.. Imagine that.. LOL

Hi chrismiller81,

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision.

We issued a full refund of $145.00 on Jan 05, 2013 to the buyer. As described in the eBay Buyer Protection program, the refund includes the purchase price, plus original shipping. This amount will be deducted from your PayPal account or charged to your preferred reimbursement payment method. The hold on this PayPal transaction has been removed. This case is closed.

Decision:
This case has been decided in the buyer's favor.

Comments:
The buyer claimed that they received an empty box.
If this doesn't prove the buyer always wins, i don't know what does. So sorry you lost this one man. Total BS but that's e-bay for ya.
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #137 (permalink)
Member
 
jbarnett83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 3,825
Default

Wow, I am shocked to hear this outcome. Sorry man, I would definitely call someone at eBay and explain the full situation.
__________________
___________________________________________________________________________


I collect Steve Nash and other high end RCs and AUTOS of various players/HOFers
http://s767.photobucket.com/user/jbarnett83/library/?sort=3&page=0
jbarnett83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:00 PM   #138 (permalink)
Member
 
chrismiller81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kards View Post
If this doesn't prove the buyer always wins, i don't know what does. So sorry you lost this one man. Total BS but that's e-bay for ya.
This is what I expected to happen..
__________________
LEBRON.......KOBE......
EXQUISITES WANTED
chrismiller81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #139 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kards View Post
If this doesn't prove the buyer always wins, i don't know what does. So sorry you lost this one man. Total BS but that's e-bay for ya.
Absolutely. If the buyer did actually receive nothing, (as has happened to a few people before) then they would need compensation. However, as has been proven by things that have been done, this guy is a thief, yet ebay still sided with them? You need to be calling them and telling them how utterly stupid they are - how can someone win a case for something being counterfeit when they say that they never got it???
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #140 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,478
Default

Atlease fcb took the right action and banned him for scamming
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #141 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,538
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo Kards View Post
If this doesn't prove the buyer always wins, i don't know what does. So sorry you lost this one man. Total BS but that's e-bay for ya.
They just proved their system is a perfect blue print for the scammers . How sad
__________________
[CENTER]Collecting Cardboard of The Black N Gold Variety
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #142 (permalink)
Member
 
chrismiller81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: MI
Posts: 1,458
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
They just proved their system is a perfect blue print for the scammers . How sad
Yeah I wonder how many will do this now?
__________________
LEBRON.......KOBE......
EXQUISITES WANTED
chrismiller81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:48 PM   #143 (permalink)
Member
 
SDcardguy24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 3,947
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterpiece View Post
Just checking to see if i get a reward for giving the information leading to his conviction? Glad to see things look promising for you in this case.
He lost the case, so there is no reward for you

Can't believe that the OP lost the case. At least the scammer is off a few forums now...
SDcardguy24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #144 (permalink)
Member
 
CP3toOKC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OK
Posts: 3,779
Default

I think you could also appeal that claim, talk to a Ebay rep about appealing.
__________________
eBay sellers beware, I will leave you a neutral if you don't at least include a toploader when shipping a card. Feel free to block me if you don't ship with a toploader or secured card holder. That is all.
High-End Bucket: http://s1135.photobucket.com/albums/m627/AvenOZ/High-End%20and%20HTG/
CP3toOKC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #145 (permalink)
Member
 
crazymj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 9,175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDcardguy24 View Post
He lost the case, so there is no reward for you

Can't believe that the OP lost the case. At least the scammer is off a few forums now...
Takes 1 second to create a new account, and then half year later after he pulls another scam, someone is going to finally find this thread and be like oh wait, wasn't this the same guy?

I think we should make this guy's paypal address, name etc public so people can be careful if he uses a new ebay or BO account.
crazymj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 PM   #146 (permalink)
Member
 
FunDragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 599
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymj View Post
Takes 1 second to create a new account, and then half year later after he pulls another scam, someone is going to finally find this thread and be like oh wait, wasn't this the same guy?

I think we should make this guy's paypal address, name etc public so people can be careful if he uses a new ebay or BO account.
WOW... that is unbelievable. he claims he never received the card and then shows the card in his bucket, then claims it is a counterfeit copy. AND HE STILL WINs. I am all for buyer protection, but this is crazy.

We can go one more step and every one buy an item from this person and file a claim of EMPTY BOX received, see how he feels about that.
FunDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

So how as a seller can you be fully protected?

By getting insurance?

Hk still harboring him? Haha
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #148 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunDragon View Post
WOW... that is unbelievable. he claims he never received the card and then shows the card in his bucket, then claims it is a counterfeit copy. AND HE STILL WINs. I am all for buyer protection, but this is crazy.

We can go one more step and every one buy an item from this person and file a claim of EMPTY BOX received, see how he feels about that.
The one thing is that his post was before the claim, and the scan was the OP's original one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
So how as a seller can you be fully protected?

By getting insurance?

Hk still harboring him? Haha
Oh seriously shut up. HK still harboring someone when they probably weren't even aware of anything? How are they supposed to know? I have sent them this thread so they can investigate. You really are ignorant sometimes.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 PM   #149 (permalink)
Member
 
MrMasterpiece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,516
Default

WOW. I am sorry to hear the outcome.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:17 PM   #150 (permalink)
Member
 
Kingofkings1281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,920
Default

That's horrible, man. If I ever had to sell my collection, I'd be very hesitant to do it through eBay. All someone has to do is claim they received an empty package and they get their money back? Even when the evidence supports the seller? That's just pathetic.
__________________
Always looking for Vince Carter and Tom Brady.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/421028-what-can-i-do-about-someone-saying-card-wasnt-package.html
Posted By For Type Date
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-06-2013 02:04 AM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-05-2013 10:45 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-05-2013 09:50 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-05-2013 09:22 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 01-05-2013 12:32 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 12-29-2012 04:31 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 12-29-2012 01:57 PM
HobbyKings.com :: View topic - Recent Pickups!!! This thread Refback 12-29-2012 01:40 PM
Received package with no card This thread Refback 12-29-2012 10:47 AM
Received package with no card This thread Pingback 12-28-2012 12:02 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.