Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Does Perry Jones or Jeremy Lamb have a future in OKC?

I know these guys are rookies, but does anyone see any potential for these two while they are buried deep down on the bench and D-League for the Thunder?

I know both of these guys have great talent, but I'm afraid they will never be able to show it in OKC. Or are they just a few years away?
LeonfromNC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

Few years away
I think Jones wil be traded and Lamb will stay
ronaldo943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

Jeremy lamb defiantly will he will be our future shooting guard once KMart ages and Thabo also
OKCThunder35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to asujbl

Trade PJII & Toronto's Draft Pick to the Cavaliers for Anderson Varejao and the Heat's pick.

OKC showed they are lacking one thing in their loss to Minnesota the other night - a versatile center. Perkins is fine and all - but he can only guard a certain type of center - and obviously his offensive game is non existent.

Plug Andy in there - who can guard anyone - with his 15 rebounds a game (a monster on the O Glass as well) and OKC is set.

OKC, as this thread was made for, really doesn't need PJIII. Do they need a lottery pick? Not really other then as a trade asset.

OKC is a Top 3 team in the league. I realize people love lottery picks but this isn't the NFL where there are lots of positions. A lottery pick doesn't help OKC anymore then Lamb or PJIII current does.
asujbl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

I am pretty sure Presti is working on packaging something together with one or both of those guys. Both are projects right now, but Lamb looks promising.

With the emergence of Reggie Jackson, it looks like he might have taken over backup PG duty from Eric Maynor. Whick makes a much more attractive package deal, if you add Perry Jones ot the mix. With them getting the Toronto pick as well, OKc has some pretty good options coming up in the near future to make moves.

Theres not a big concern with these guys playing in the D League. OKC has a unique situation, in the fact that their D League affiliate team, is right up the Road. (Literally a 1 hour drive) So, there have been several times, where a guy might start a D League game, and then also play the next night for the Thunder. Jeremy Lamb, Perry Jones, DeAndre Liggins, and Reggie Jackson will all log minutes in the D League.

Last edited by Filthy; 12-28-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Filthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Perry Jones = probably not. All they need him to provide is like 5 mpg at SF and spot minutes at PF... but he can't even do that. He's like a poor man's version of Jeff Green. The knock on him coming in was "low motor," and he's validated that criticism so far. Even when he gets minutes in the D League, he doesn't really impress. I don't think D League success necessarily translates to NBA success, but the inverse is probably telling (not being able to light up the D League probably means you aren't an NBA talent). For as much talent and size he has, 11 points and 5 rebounds in 30 minutes per game is unacceptable in the D League. Jackson and Lamb get sent down, they kill it. Jones is just kind of "whatever."

Jeremy Lamb has been pretty good both in spot minutes and in the D League. He has a future in the league. He'll either become a major player on the Thunder in 1-2 years, or the team will extend Martin & Thabo and he'll be shipped out for an upgrade at center. I really like Lamb, though. He just seems cold as ice, and I think he can be an above average to great defender with his tools.
gamboooler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Someone must think that Lamb is the next James Harden, his Prizm Gold #1/10 just sold for $449.44! Thats way more then, Kawhi Leonard, Brandon Knight, Klay Thompson, Dion Waiters, Harrison Barnes, Jared Sullinger, Terrence Ross, Alec Burks and Enes Katner, Prizm Gold RC's sell for! WOW! I thought I could grab that card for $220.00! LOL! #1 isn't even his Rookie jersey # on the Thunder, its #11! Go Thunder!

Last edited by puregreen5; 12-28-2012 at 08:15 PM.
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:16 PM   #8 (permalink)

I'd trade both of them and 1st round pick for a legit center. Perkins is garbage. I don't see what he brings to the Thunder. People say he's intense but what does that really mean because he doesn't get rebounds, possibly the worst rebounding starting center in the league at 5.2 a game. And he doesn't defend the paint either, averaging just 1 block per game. His FG% at 46.9 is one of the worst for a Center and he shoots horrible free throws as well. He's dead last in efficiency for centers.

Last edited by Gio47; 12-28-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Gio47 is offline   Reply With Quote