Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Prizm Greens Might Be Way Less Produced Then What We Think

Or atleast for Rubio.
I've seen one green here. I pulled one. And only one on eBay that ended(none currently listed).
And there have been 4 golds on eBay so far
OKCThunder35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Retail doesnt get cracked as heavy as hobby. There was also a delay on retail release.

Its timing and whats up for sale. Most people wont bother putting up greens for sale either.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:59 AM   #3 (permalink)

Enough with these threads already ... they're not THAT short printed.

As OJ said, it's retail ... people don't bust it that much ... there's likely TONS sitting in Walmarts and Targets, etc.

Over 450 auctions CURRENTLY ... and almost 1700 COMPLETED

A lot of people are hyping these up because they can get them cheap now, and hope the values will skyrocket somehow if they 'dry up' ... they wont dry up. A FEW of the golds might dry up, but I'm sure we'll see a steady market on eBay for these. A few big player collectors will hold theirs, but many of the buyers are only trying to invest in them now ... so we'll see them back on the market at some point when they get bored of waiting for the 'big profit' and end up having to sell at current market price in 10 months.

People rely too heavily on eBay sales and not on REAL figures. An eBay sale does NOT designate true market value. There are MANY details that can be tampered with and manipulated. An eBay sale does NOT equal one person selling the item to another and getting PAID.

The golds are rare when we're talking per player ... since there are only 10

Greens are only rare because the big names are getting some attention on eBay.

Things will settle down once NT comes out, amongst other products in the near future.

Panini probably knows how much of each green was produced. Even with a big set, there has to be at least a few hundred of each player ... not all that rare at all ... just because we don't see them on eBay does not mean they don't exist!

You have a few good rookies and superstars selling high ... those are being listed.
The scrubs and even some nicer legends selling for $1-10 are NOT being listed by sellers as often!

(5) ACTIVE Lebron Greens being sold on eBay
OVER (30) SOLD Lebron Greens on eBay

People are only going to list and sell the cards worth the time...

Last edited by paul06901; 01-04-2013 at 10:01 AM.
paul06901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

there is also the possibility that they are produced with different numbering alhough not numbered. retail usually produced at about 1/3 of hobby.
panini used he same model of he original opps chrome which was retail only. the greens parallel the refractor odds in that product. 2 greens per box on average. not saying there is a kobe in the rookie class, but those boxes are quie expensive. for basketball prizm is the chrome

Last edited by The_Reverend; 01-04-2013 at 10:07 AM.
The_Reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul06901 View Post

As OJ said, it's retail ... people don't bust it that much ... there's likely TONS sitting in Walmarts and Targets, etc.

A lot of people are hyping these up because they can get them cheap now, and hope the values will skyrocket somehow if they 'dry up' ... they wont dry up. A FEW of the golds might dry up, but I'm sure we'll see a steady market on eBay for these. A few big player collectors will hold theirs, but many of the buyers are only trying to invest in them now ... so we'll see them back on the market at some point when they get bored of waiting for the 'big profit' and end up having to sell at current market price in 10 months.

People rely too heavily on eBay sales and not on REAL figures. An eBay sale does NOT designate true market value. There are MANY details that can be tampered with and manipulated. An eBay sale does NOT equal one person selling the item to another and getting PAID.

Things will settle down once NT comes out, amongst other products in the near future.

Panini probably knows how much of each green was produced. Even with a big set, there has to be at least a few hundred of each player ... not all that rare at all ... just because we don't see them on eBay does not mean they don't exist!

You have a few good rookies and superstars selling high ... those are being listed.
The scrubs and even some nicer legends selling for $1-10 are NOT being listed by sellers as often!

I agree 100% on this post. Its getting a little bit out of hand, with the "manufactured" hype.

HOWEVER....... I do disagree with one thing you posted, in regards to the product "sitting" idle in retail locations. With each "retail" location...i.e. Wal-Mart/Target/Sam Goody etc... was only alloted 1 retail box per location. This is a fact. So, the production numbers of this product is quite a bit lower than the majority of other "retail" products. I personally live in a city of 1 million + residents. There are approx. 26 WalMart stores, and 12 Super Targets in my metro area, and I have physically visited 15+ of these locations, and called all the others...and it is all gone. No more available to be sold anywhere. If this is the case in my city, I can only assume that it is similar elsewhere. I would just be curious as to know where all the "idle" unopened boxes/packs are.

And then, there is also the fact that not everyone in the World that buys packs of cards, posts on trading websites, or sells on Ebay. So, I'm sure there are a ton of Green Prizm Lebrons, Kobe's, and RC's that are just sitting on some kids dresser, or in a box...that wil never see Ebay, or a trading site like Blowout.

Last edited by Filthy; 01-04-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Filthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

I've got 5+ targets and 10+ Walmart's in my area...I've been to all of them searching for packs and haven't found a single one since release....I find it very hard to believe that there are hundreds of boxes sitting idle anywhere....I'm sure they would be out for sale by now.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

there was less retail made than hobby. retail distributers were allocated, which is unheard of for panini. it is drying up as we speak. it is impossible that there are more than 100 of each green, and the actual number could well be <40.

i own 1 green and don't plan to invest in them so the above is motive free. it's just correcting misinformation from people who don't know what they are talking about.
phil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

I hope there are severall hundred of these .

Rare and demand are different things .

you can have 20 of something and people don't like it who cares

If you have 200 of something and people love it it makes demand

There will be more demand for the greens then there actually are .

That is a Fact
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

30 green lebons sold on ebay ?

there are 5 different ones so that would be

6 of each
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

"People rely too heavily on eBay sales and not on REAL figures. An eBay sale does NOT designate true market value. There are MANY details that can be tampered with and manipulated. An eBay sale does NOT equal one person selling the item to another and getting PAID."

I agree with you that greens wont be valuable like the gold ones, but this statement is not true. THere may be some manipulation on ebay but when you see a card sell for a certain price over and over again, that is its market value. People trade the majority of the cards on ebay, so thats the default marketplace.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:

The base Green Lebron has 2 active and 4 sold, little bit different than your Inflated #'s.

Last edited by SacGWYNN19; 01-04-2013 at 10:35 AM.
SacGWYNN19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
30 green lebons sold on ebay ?

there are 5 different ones so that would be

6 of each
+1. very good point.
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
I hope there are severall hundred of these .

Rare and demand are different things .

you can have 20 of something and people don't like it who cares

If you have 200 of something and people love it it makes demand

There will be more demand for the greens then there actually are .

That is a Fact
Very true!!! Not only are they great looking, but not everyone will be able to afford a gold...myself included, so I started buying up the greens....will be more rare than the base refractor, and just look amazing!! I know Panini knows the print run, but I would be willing to bet that there are 40 copies of the green Prizms...I believe they took note from UD on the PMG's...first 10 are gold, remaining 40 are green.....just my opinion....
Old 01-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Plus people should never buy a card because when NT comes out its the end of the world

I love that statement .

Nt and exquisite comes out every year .

Rose chromes still sell very well he has a exquisite

Plus in basketball

there will be probaby more nt rookies like football

100 49 25 10 5 1 like football
Old 01-04-2013, 10:44 AM   #15 (permalink)

I think these are very limited as well. I don't see there being more than 50, and probably less. I've hit up every Target and Walmart in the past few weeks while passing by and I travel A LOT. I've found a total of 3 boxes, and the first 2 boxes were right after release. I know everyone on here is searching and having no luck either. It wouldn't surprise me if the greens are #/25 or less.
lb_sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:47 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

dammit i cant get rid of my green jj reddick
ivecenanuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

I bet panini releases the number of greens a week before Prizm Football comes out
Old 01-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:

Most of your statement is based on assumptions and very little fact. Please RTFF before posting:

Gold prizm /10 or PMG /10 why such a difference in price ? WOW
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboybill View Post
I've got 5+ targets and 10+ Walmart's in my area...I've been to all of them searching for packs and haven't found a single one since release....I find it very hard to believe that there are hundreds of boxes sitting idle anywhere....I'm sure they would be out for sale by now.
Retail hardly made it to retail stores.

My LCS can get retail product from their distributor.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

What is the retail box/pack configuration/cost? I rarely venture into these stores and never look at the card section. Is it worth the buy?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:23 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Retail hardly made it to retail stores.

My LCS can get retail product from their distributor.
Any idea what the cost is per box from the LCS?
Old 01-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
What is the retail box/pack configuration/cost? I rarely venture into these stores and never look at the card section. Is it worth the buy?
$2.99 per pack, 24 packs per box.

It's definitely worth it if you hit a nice green but that's the chance to take obviously. There are autos in retail as well which are said to be about 1 in 3 boxes.
lb_sa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post
$2.99 per pack, 24 packs per box.

It's definitely worth it if you hit a nice green but that's the chance to take obviously. There are autos in retail as well which are said to be about 1 in 3 boxes.
Thank you! Not too bad...if you get two greens per box....many are selling well right now...I know because I've been buying them up....lol!
Old 01-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

I think hobby is a better buy
Old 01-04-2013, 11:36 AM   #25 (permalink)

The target I frequent still has 20 packs left, the only concern I have is if the packs have been searched already. I would hate to buy 20 packs knowing I have no chance of a green
Christillman is offline   Reply With Quote