Blowout Cards Forums
2014 holiday shipping promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
brandonlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,529
Default A question in regards to the 11/12 Rookies and their presence in 12/13 products

Here is a question I pose for everyone and open for discussion. Please, let's not turn this into another Rondo-hate thread.

Not all things of Kryrie Irving coming out of 2012/13 NBA products is "RC" stuff, right?
I know Panini is doing a dual RC class this year with the rookies from last season, but that only applies to the true-RC sets within a product... Correct?
So for example, a Totally Certified Kryie Green /5 Patch and his Prizm Auto Refractor /25 would just be regular second year cards, while a Totally Certified Rookie Roll Call Auto would be a RC of him.
And it would be fair to assume that his beloved Prizm Gold parrallel /10 is nothing but a second year card, since it does not acknowledge as being a rookie?

Is my information correct?

I know some collectors will see everything of his this year as rookie cards and rookie year cards because of his lack of stuff last year, but in the technical world, this isn't true. Correct?

-Brandon
__________________
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/brandonlec/

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) My COMC store is 25% off Auto-Accept!
Do us all a favor and stop being a stuck-up half-witted scruffy-sounding nerd homer!
brandonlec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,357
Default

Yup, you're information is correct.
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
brandonlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,529
Default

Yikes, I feel sorry for the guy who bought the Kryie Irving Jersey Numbered Prizm Gold Parallel /10 for $5,000!

-Brandon
__________________
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/brandonlec/

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) My COMC store is 25% off Auto-Accept!
Do us all a favor and stop being a stuck-up half-witted scruffy-sounding nerd homer!
brandonlec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
Yikes, I feel sorry for the guy who bought the Kryie Irving Jersey Numbered Prizm Gold Parallel /10 for $5,000!

-Brandon
Unless it said RC on it. I never looked at any Prizm cards, because I'm not really a fan of it. But wow $5,000 is a little insane for card like that
theautographkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 1,452
Default

Personally... I view all 12/13 as Kyrie's second year for every card. In my eyes, he only has 3 rookies (2011/12 GS, P&P & Limited whenever they are actually sent out) since they were all sets from his rookie year. I know people say they are subsets, inserts, whatever... but they're the closest thing to his rookie cards since he was a rookie in 2011/12 and they are from 2011/12 sets.

That's just my opinion though. I'm not touching anything from 2012/13 for him.
Yaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
OKCThunder35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 941
Default

i view all the cards as rookies because they didnt make any cards last year other thank some black friday ones i think. Just like how i think a tristan thompson prizm auto is his rookie
__________________
Trying to Complete the 11-12 Gold Standard Black Gold Threads Set!
Set Completion: 22/100 22%
http://s1324.photobucket.com/albums/u602/OKCThunder3535/
OKCThunder35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,407
Default

I believe the 12/13 cards are his XRC, just as the 86-87 Fleer MJ is his XRC, but still considered a rookie card.
__________________
I collect D Rose, Eric Gordon, and Jimmy Buckets
whiteboybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
brandonlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,529
Default

What's does XRC stand for?

-Brandon
__________________
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/brandonlec/

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) My COMC store is 25% off Auto-Accept!
Do us all a favor and stop being a stuck-up half-witted scruffy-sounding nerd homer!
brandonlec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
nateadams2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Morgantown, WV
Posts: 1,870
Default

agreed. sucks for the kyrie collector who dropped all that. haha
__________________
Carmelo Anthony collector........
Always looking for 1/1's, Jersey #'d, Autos, Patches
Now collecting both KNICKS and NUGGETS uni cards
nateadams2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:46 PM   #10 (permalink)
GA0
Member
 
GA0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
What's does XRC stand for?

-Brandon
Extended rookie cards. Like the finest redemption rookies. They're rookies, but from a different year than their rookie class.
__________________
Check Out My Cards on COMC
15% off Auto-Accept!
KD 2 Wiz 2016??
John Wall sucks, send me all his autos for $5 a piece
GA0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,716
Default

Wait you say 2011-12 is a rookie year but cards I choose In his 2012-13 are rookie year .

Give me a break


Rookie roll call are inserts btw

Kyrie highest selling card will be his 2012-13 nationAl treasures

Last edited by pepsiporch; 01-05-2013 at 03:04 PM.
pepsiporch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 366
Default

only base cards are considered true rc's but most people consider any insert or parallel from the rookie year a rookie card. How rare the card means more to the value than whether or not it's a true rookie imo.
__________________
http://s1260.beta.photobucket.com/user/ninjoker2002/library/Cards
ninjoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
drob50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Perth, Australia
Posts: 3,794
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaga View Post
Personally... I view all 12/13 as Kyrie's second year for every card. In my eyes, he only has 3 rookies (2011/12 GS, P&P & Limited whenever they are actually sent out) since they were all sets from his rookie year. I know people say they are subsets, inserts, whatever... but they're the closest thing to his rookie cards since he was a rookie in 2011/12 and they are from 2011/12 sets.

That's just my opinion though. I'm not touching anything from 2012/13 for him.
The 11/12 Are not true RC's! Panini themselves named all of the cards XRC's.

A true rc has to be the first pack pulled card OF THAT PLAYER. The cards you pulled from Limited P&P and GS were not Kyrie cards until the draw! That is why they are XRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboybill View Post
I believe the 12/13 cards are his XRC, just as the 86-87 Fleer MJ is his XRC, but still considered a rookie card.
86-87 Fleer were NOT XRC, they are the True RC. It is the Star cards that were considered XRC's

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsiporch View Post
Wait you say 2011-12 is a rookie year but cards I choose In his 2012-13 are rookie year .

Give me a break


Rookie roll call are inserts btw

Kyrie highest selling card will be his 2012-13 nationAl treasures
No one says that the 12-13 cards are his Rookie YEAR cards, they are saying they are the Rookie Cards! It is clear that they aren't from his rookie year, but they are the first pack pulled RC's of him!
drob50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:45 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 1,513
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonlec View Post
Here is a question I pose for everyone and open for discussion. Please, let's not turn this into another Rondo-hate thread.

Not all things of Kryrie Irving coming out of 2012/13 NBA products is "RC" stuff, right?
I know Panini is doing a dual RC class this year with the rookies from last season, but that only applies to the true-RC sets within a product... Correct?
So for example, a Totally Certified Kryie Green /5 Patch and his Prizm Auto Refractor /25 would just be regular second year cards, while a Totally Certified Rookie Roll Call Auto would be a RC of him.
And it would be fair to assume that his beloved Prizm Gold parrallel /10 is nothing but a second year card, since it does not acknowledge as being a rookie?

Is my information correct?

I know some collectors will see everything of his this year as rookie cards and rookie year cards because of his lack of stuff last year, but in the technical world, this isn't true. Correct?

-Brandon
Then why does Kyrie Irving's 12-13 Panini Contenders Auto, say ROOKIE on the card?....
puregreen5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
brandonlec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,529
Default

Because that is a RC set
Panini is doing a dual rookie class in all their RC sets.

But if Irving had a base card in 12/13 Panini Contenders, it wouldn't be a RC or rookie year card. It'd be a second year card.
He has RCs this year... But only the sets that are exclusively for rookies... Like a NT Rookie Patch Auto /99 or like you said, a 12/13 Panini Contenders RC Auto.
Even the /10 gold RC auto of his from Contenders is a rookie.

What I'm trying to establish is a line between what is "RC" stuff and what is not.

His Prizm Autos and Gold Refractos are not RC stuff. They are being inaccuratley showcased.

-Brandon
__________________
http://s267.photobucket.com/albums/ii297/brandonlec/

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡) My COMC store is 25% off Auto-Accept!
Do us all a favor and stop being a stuck-up half-witted scruffy-sounding nerd homer!
brandonlec is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
minator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 176
Default

Looks like these guys feel that the prizms do count as his rookie cards. I guess it just depends on the collector.

Kyrie Irving Rookie Card Guide
__________________
https://sites.google.com/site/minatorsports/home/MyCollection/
http://www.youtube.com/minator
minator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
TheMaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: California
Posts: 312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drob50 View Post
The 11/12 Are not true RC's! Panini themselves named all of the cards XRC's.

A true rc has to be the first pack pulled card OF THAT PLAYER. The cards you pulled from Limited P&P and GS were not Kyrie cards until the draw! That is why they are XRC



86-87 Fleer were NOT XRC, they are the True RC. It is the Star cards that were considered XRC's



No one says that the 12-13 cards are his Rookie YEAR cards, they are saying they are the Rookie Cards! It is clear that they aren't from his rookie year, but they are the first pack pulled RC's of him!
This is correct.
TheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

XRC = Rc before the playing year of the player
1st issue/card = 1st card of the player eventhough it may be 1 yr later.

Most players without a rookie card usually have their 1 yr card considered their rookie card. The prizm Kyrie will probably be considered his Prizm Rc. His prizm gold is a paralell and wouldnt be considered his true rc from that set anyways!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:58 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
phdbeckett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ohio
Posts: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
XRC = Rc before the playing year of the player
1st issue/card = 1st card of the player eventhough it may be 1 yr later.

Most players without a rookie card usually have their 1 yr card considered their rookie card. The prizm Kyrie will probably be considered his Prizm Rc. His prizm gold is a paralell and wouldnt be considered his true rc from that set anyways!!
True definition of XRC dates way back. Cards int he 1980s got the label of XRC due to limited geographic distribution or availability. This was true for
  • Traded and Update Sets
  • Regionally available Products
Additionally, the label rookie card means the first issued card available for a professional athlete / specific player at the major league / highest level of competition.
Maybe this will Help ease some of these newer collectors.

Wilt Chamberlain's Rookie is 1961-62 Fleer. He played professionally for 2 Full seasons prior to that release.

Lebron James had 2 XRCs issues in 2002-03. They were redemptions.
Go tell all Lebron collectors that they are second year cards.
Kevin Durant had XRC Redemptions in 2006-07 They were redemptions.
Ditto for Durant.
Hockey has players debut all the time. Rising Star P.K. Subban played in the NHL in 2009-10 Season. All his rookie cards are 2010-11....

Rookie CARD has nothing to do with Rookie Season. Rookie means First year. Rookie Card means first card(s).
phdbeckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.