Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #251 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Haha of course he did! What was he suppose to do?
That situation is very much like this one a he said she said. We should mic up more players so we have proof to what they said. Remember the fine Kobe got when he said a derogatory term for a gay man? That was caught on video....if things like that were caught on video or audio then we have clear cut proof.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #252 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Garnett does have a history I would agree...everyoneone can argue to what extent and so on, but I think even celtics fans such as myself have to say he does have some history. I just find it amazing that many people are only talking about Garnett and not Melo. He was the one who took it to the next level....
He has a history of being a jerk on the court. No one would dispute that. The question was did he cross the imaginary trash talking line of talking about someones family. Absolutely nothing in this thread suggests he has. If being a jerk is the new crossing the line then that was probably crossed the day he stepped on a court.

Last edited by pac213up; 01-11-2013 at 05:36 PM.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #253 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
He has a history of being a jerk on the court. No one would dispute that. The question was did he cross the imaginary trash talking line of talking about someones family. Absolutely nothing in this tread suggests he has. If being a jerk is the new crossing the line then that was probably crossed the day he stepped on a court.
You are spinning it. It's crossing the line of trash talking in general. Talking about family is ONE part of that.

Doc said and implied that kg does not cross the line with his talk. All the past evidence and situations in his career do not support doc as being truthful in that statement.

Is it possible that maybe in this instance kg didn't cross the line and talk about Melos family? Maybe. But then again it would be quite interesting to know what kg said for melo to respond d the way he did. It seems highly unlikely that it was something that did not cross the line. We will probably never find out exactly what was said.

Kg has crossed the line and doc saying oh he didn't is a pretty
Weak excuse to say kg is not and never is at fault with his talk.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #254 (permalink)

What is the other part of it then? What are these imaginary rules of trash talk you keep referring to. Family and health, I would like to know the rest.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #255 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
What is the other part of it then? What are these imaginary rules of trash talk you keep referring to. Family and health, I would like to know the rest.
What are you talking about? I just said it wasn't just family. You just added health which is right. I would add racism too.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:34 AM   #256 (permalink)
Banned

just got to finally listening to simmons and jalen on the podcast discussing the topic. interesting how they discuss kg as "crossing the line" with his talking and being a "volatile talker" who will say anything and cross the line to get in your head and who is really "indefensible" and a "bully".

thats right homer simmons can admit it... a pretty reliable past nba player said it...

yes this is a tired topic but it seems like my position has fair amount of 'sources' while there are few on the other side (namely just his coach)... interesting... but of course i'm just crazy of course

Last edited by murrke03; 01-23-2013 at 06:47 PM.