Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Fair points and you have always made it clear you prefer the hardbosed old style basketball but a lot of members on here seem to flip flop back and forth depending on the player and that's wrong.

And did iamralpho finally admit kg is 'dirty'?????? Omg I never thought the day would come that a celtics fan would admit it! Haha
Still waiting for you to admit Wade is dirty, buit kicks in the balls and dislocating shoulders hasnt done it yet, so I doubt you ever will.

He plays dirty, but you make Garnett out to be this despicable human being which he is not. He does nothing off the court to deserve that. Never arrested, barely suspended, never badly in the news.

Big difference from playing dirty like a lot of players in this league do, some down in Miami, and being a terrible person, which he is not.

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:13 PM   #52 (permalink)

I dont get the frosted flakes comment, what is Simmons talking about?

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #53 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Still waiting for you to admit Wade is dirty, buit kicks in the balls and dislocating shoulders hasnt done it yet, so I doubt you ever will.

He plays dirty, but you make Garnett out to be this despicable human being which he is not. He does nothing off the court to deserve that. Never arrested, barely suspended, never badly in the news.

Big difference from playing dirty like a lot of players in this league do, some down in Miami, and being a terrible person, which he is not.
When did I say wade wasn't dirty. I admitted that as of recent wade has had some excessively chippy and 'dirty' play. Is he on kgs level yet? No not even close.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikkcaden View Post
so two competitors who clearly have a ton of passion for the game having a verbal altercation makes them "thugs" and "gangsters"? "look all ghetto"? Perhaps i'm throwing a race grenade here, but that sounds kind of racist....

I never hear those terms when two white mlb players or hockey players fight...that's just "part of the game"?

Where was calling kevin love a thug when he decided to step on luis scola's groin? No wait, i already know the answer.....

But back on topic, i love seeing the passion. I'm tired of everyone being best friends in the nba. If these two play in the playoffs it's going to be a doozy!

ok now that the race card has been thrown, show me the last time a white basketball player waited after a game by the team bus to continue a battle that started on the court.

Or go ahead and show me a white player who tells people they look like cancer patients or talk about people's wives?

But it is ok because it is kg and he is just passionate---right
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
I dont get the frosted flakes comment, what is Simmons talking about?
It is rumored (NOTHING CONFIRMED)

"LaLa tastes like honey nut cheerios" - KG to Melo
Old 01-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post

Good stuff right here.

https://twitter.com/JRAM_91/status/2...335232/photo/1
tupark82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #57 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post

If that is what he says that is just funny....I seriously LOL'ed
Old 01-08-2013, 01:27 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

If only kg could rely on his game instead of having to resort to insults to get someone off their game. Haha

I guess I would be a little bitter too if I was only the second best pf of this decade.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #59 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
If that is what he says that is just funny....I seriously LOL'ed
I thought it was disrespectful?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #60 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
ok now that the race card has been thrown, show me the last time a white basketball player waited after a game by the team bus to continue a battle that started on the court.

Or go ahead and show me a white player who tells people they look like cancer patients or talk about people's wives?

But it is ok because it is kg and he is just passionate---right
I think you're missing the point....

Which is, that whenever a black athlete loses his cool and does something idiotic....he is labeled a thug, gangster, and other derogatory Black stereotypical names.

When a white athlete loses his cool he is not called any such names.

It's not about who does what, it's about why are races still being treated this way.

Melo and KG are NOT thugs or gangsters....FAR from it.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I thought it was disrespectful?
I'm sure Carmelo didnt find it funny. Just sitting here I found it amusing. That really made Melo that mad?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikkcaden View Post

I never hear those terms when two white MLB players or Hockey players fight...that's just "part of the game"?

in the NHL, it is "part of the game". its well regulated and clear rules around it. MLB it is an unwritten rule. those who go outside of the unwritten rule are labeled thugs too.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:34 PM   #63 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
I'm sure Carmelo didnt find it funny. Just sitting here I found it amusing. That really made Melo that mad?
I doubt that's the only thing kg said.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #64 (permalink)

Keep it real

Kobe Anthology SET
thepinoymamba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:36 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
I think you're missing the point....

Which is, that whenever a black athlete loses his cool and does something idiotic....he is labeled a thug, gangster, and other derogatory Black stereotypical names.

When a white athlete loses his cool he is not called any such names.

It's not about who does what, it's about why are races still being treated this way.

dare you to give some examples of white athletes getting in comparable types of altercations.

only ones i can think of off the top of my head are the nascar guys, and they are definitely called everything in the book

& the only pitchers to ever really get called out for beaming, are the ones who do it outside of the unwritten rule, and ARE called thugs. see cole hamels for reference

Last edited by mcgahee21nfl; 01-08-2013 at 01:38 PM.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
People who think KG and Melo are thugs or gangsters are fortunate enough to have been sheltered enough in life to not understand what a real thug or gangster is.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #67 (permalink)

If he did say something about his wife, its disrespectful.

Doesn't give reason for Melo to do what he did, BUT leave the wives and moms out of the trash talk.

Ed Davis PC --> http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p525/MikeMamba/Ed%20Davis%20PC/
MikeMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMamba View Post
If he did say something about his wife, its disrespectful.

Doesn't give reason for Melo to do what he did, BUT leave the wives and moms out of the trash talk.
Agree totally and would add kids.
Old 01-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #69 (permalink)

Kg pussies out. There is nothing wrong with what melo did. So many people nowadays forget their manhood to look classy. If someone bullies you, you call them out and see if they are a man of their word. "game face" KG is obviously just that, soft puffy marshmallows underneath:

Bobby Knight Game Face - YouTube

Last edited by SocraticGoat777; 01-08-2013 at 01:49 PM.
SocraticGoat777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Kg pussies out. There is nothing wrong with what melo did. So many people nowadays forget their manhood to look classy. If someone bullies you, you call them out and see if they are a word of their man. "game face" KG is obviously just that, soft puffy marshmallows underneath:

Seriously? Nothing wrong with chasing after someone and then trying to fight them outside the bus? Where do you live?

KG made a stupid comment about cereal, how is that bullying? Isnt Melo a superstar potential MVP candidate and he is being bullied by saying his wife tastes like a fantastic breakfast cereal?

Come on man, Melo should have just laughed at it because its silly.

Bullied? HA

Old 01-08-2013, 01:51 PM   #71 (permalink)
Banned

KG might not be a thug or gangster, but he's definitely got something wrong with him. If it's a mental condition I mean no disrespect, but the way he acts is so immature it's downright disgusting to watch. I am a teacher and I swear some of my third graders are more intelligent than that guy. He's either got a serious problem or he's just an idiot.

Kevin Garnett punches Dwight Howard's forearm Magic vs Celtics Eastern Conference Finals Game 6 - YouTube

K.Garnett taunts Jose Calderon Nov 11 08 - YouTube

Kevin Garnett Barks at Chicago - YouTube

KGBarking - YouTube
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SocraticGoat777 View Post
Kg pussies out. There is nothing wrong with what melo did. So many people nowadays forget their manhood to look classy. If someone bullies you, you call them out and see if they are a man of their word. "game face" KG is obviously just that, soft puffy marshmallows underneath:

You would make a very poor professional athlete. Players hear tons of insults and heckling.... So if a fan called Melo or another player something and they didn't like it the solution is to track them down and try to fight them?
Old 01-08-2013, 01:56 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
KG might not be a thug or gangster, but he's definitely got something wrong with him. If it's a mental condition I mean no disrespect, but the way he acts is so immature it's downright disgusting to watch. I am a teacher and I swear some of my third graders are more intelligent than that guy. He's either got a serious problem or he's just an idiot.

Kevin Garnett punches Dwight Howard's forearm Magic vs Celtics Eastern Conference Finals Game 6 - YouTube

KGBarking - YouTube
What des this have to do with his intelligence? So any player who has done things like this must have a mental condition or be stupid?

I would think that it takes some brains to be able to comprehend defensive rotations, remember plays, and understand basketball tactics...

So when Bynum shoved Barea to the ground that meant he was unintelligent?

Same for wade kicking sessions in the balls?

Dwight Howard shoving Jordan Hills face?

Ron Artest for going into the stands?

To say all this people are stupid or not intelligent is pretty narrow minded..
Old 01-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post

KGBarking - YouTube
So he barks and taunts someone on the court, a court where trash talking and chippy play is an every day occurrence and you think he has something wrong with him? He does act pretty intense and strange at times, but you obviously do not like him for other reasons but to say him barking or taunting is worse than a 3rd grader is a bit much man, and again, ON THE COURT where a lot of this stuff happens not just from KG.

Not to mention he is going to go down as a top 30 player of ALL TIME, and you think he might have a mental condition? I hope you do not judge your students this way

Old 01-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #75 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
What des this have to do with his intelligence? So any player who has done things like this must have a mental condition or be stupid?

I would think that it takes some brains to be able to comprehend defensive rotations, remember plays, and understand basketball tactics...

So when Bynum shoved Barea to the ground that meant he was unintelligent?

Same for wade kicking sessions in the balls?

Dwight Howard shoving Jordan Hills face?

Ron Artest for going into the stands?

To say all this people are stupid or not intelligent is pretty narrow minded..

There is a fine line between hitting someone and barking at someone like a dog or growling at them.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote