Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 11:02 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post

All I'm going to say on this topic is this..
KG is oldschool. He will get in your head, talk trash, and throw elbows. If you can't deal with it then he punked you. He is one of the very few guys that will play an oldschool game and do whatever it takes to win. I respect that, some people don't.

I'll have to disagree on the old school comment. Magic and Bird were old school but they had the utmost respect for each other off the court and would never have said anything like that. They were brothers off the court and hated each other on but wouldn't stoop as low as Garnett to take a shot like that.

Reggie Miller trash talked a lot but it was never stuff like that. He'd try to get himself going by telling you how bad you were playing and what he was going to do to you. He did that to John Starks all the time.

Now Gary Payton might have done stuff like Garnett but he's a different character. LOL

Again these are just my opinion. I was never on the court, never had front row seats.

Photobucket:http://s662.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hof_collector_15/profile/

Last edited by HOF_Collector; 01-08-2013 at 11:04 PM.
HOF_Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:20 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF_Collector View Post
I'll have to disagree on the old school comment. Magic and Bird were old school but they had the utmost respect for each other off the court and would never have said anything like that. They were brothers off the court and hated each other on but wouldn't stoop as low as Garnett to take a shot like that.

Reggie Miller trash talked a lot but it was never stuff like that. He'd try to get himself going by telling you how bad you were playing and what he was going to do to you. He did that to John Starks all the time.

Hit it right on the head. Garnett isn't old school, he's a wannabe tough guy who seems to only get into with guys that are smaller than him (obviously not anthony)
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:38 AM   #128 (permalink)

Fake thugs, lol.

If you wanna see some real thugs, run the streets or do some time.

No one believes these millionaires are anywhere close to bein' a thug.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #129 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexcampos View Post
i think you're missing the point....

Which is, that whenever a black athlete loses his cool and does something idiotic....he is labeled a thug, gangster, and other derogatory black stereotypical names.

When a white athlete loses his cool he is not called any such names.

It's not about who does what, it's about why are races still being treated this way.

Melo and kg are not thugs or gangsters....far from it.
then tell them to stop acting like thugs and gangsters.

And you can blame rap music and videos for why black people who act thuggish get called thugs.

Melo makes 18 mil a year, what the hell is he doing trying to chase someone down and fight out by a bus??

You act like a thug, you get called a thug?
JOHNJOHNNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:31 AM   #130 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgahee21nfl View Post
dare you to give some examples of white athletes getting in comparable types of altercations.

only ones i can think of off the top of my head are the nascar guys, and they are definitely called everything in the book

& the only pitchers to ever really get called out for beaming, are the ones who do it outside of the unwritten rule, and ARE called thugs. see cole hamels for reference
THANK YOU.........
Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 AM   #131 (permalink)

Peoples idea of a thug or gangster is comical. Men getting into a heated argument that may/or may not come to a minor fight is now gansta....lol.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 AM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

Now Gary Payton might have done stuff like Garnett but he's a different character. LOL

Again these are just my opinion. I was never on the court, never had front row seats.
+1

People always try to make the excuse that Garnett is just 'intense' or is playing hardnosed old school ball and it is just that a lame excuse. He stoops to levels over line and that's not old school basketball it's straight up dirty.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:06 AM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
Bird and Magic were not brothers off the court to begin. The friendship started in 1985. You are right though, Bird would not say that, instead he would punch you in the head or close line you like a CB.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:07 AM   #134 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Not enough white people in the NBA. The racial makeup of the NBA doesn't mirror the general poplulation. The ACLU should fight this like they fight too few black NFL coaches, when the proportion there actually exceeds the general population.

A certain demographic wonders why they receive a certain perception? Well, that demographic is the one creating that perception and then constantly complaining about respect. Rodney Dangerfield had a nice quote.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:14 AM   #135 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullmetal View Post
Not enough white people in the NBA. The racial makeup of the NBA doesn't mirror the general poplulation. The ACLU should fight this like they fight too few black NFL coaches, when the proportion there actually exceeds the general population.

A certain demographic wonders why they receive a certain perception? Well, that demographic is the one creating that perception and then constantly complaining about respect. Rodney Dangerfield had a nice quote.
Problem is the majority of white guys cnat ball as well and this would bring down the level of play....I wouldn't want that to happen.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 AM   #136 (permalink)

Like to show this when ever I can. Old school, Bird living that Thug Life. Ask Mike Harlow. Good thing he did not reference Cheerios. That would have really crossed the line!

Last edited by pac213up; 01-09-2013 at 10:08 AM.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Like to show this when ever I can. Old school, Bird living that Thug Life. Ask Mike Harlow. Good thing he did not reference Cheerios. That would have really crossed the line!

Hahaha like a boss.

If someone did that these days, they would be banned from the NBA, such a sissy league now.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #138 (permalink)

Kevin Garnett Fights Carmelo Anthony (RAW VIDEO) - YouTube
adiddy32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #139 (permalink)

Quote:
Bird and Magic were not brothers off the court to begin. The friendship started in 1985. You are right though, Bird would not say that, instead he would punch you in the head or close line you like a CB.
LOL That's true. I hadn't seen the video of Bird clothes-lining King. That was pretty gangsta. See he'd just beat your ass he didn't need to stoop low and talk about a man's wife. LOL

Photobucket:http://s662.beta.photobucket.com/user/Hof_collector_15/profile/
HOF_Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #140 (permalink)

Celtics coach Doc Rivers thinks Garnett's reputation as a trash talker is blown out of proportion.

"All Kevin did was say something back," Rivers said. "But the talking is so overblown to me. Talking's been going on since, hell, before I even started playing. Larry Bird was one of the biggest trash talkers in the league."
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #141 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Celtics coach Doc Rivers thinks Garnett's reputation as a trash talker is blown out of proportion.

"All Kevin did was say something back," Rivers said. "But the talking is so overblown to me. Talking's been going on since, hell, before I even started playing. Larry Bird was one of the biggest trash talkers in the league."
Well duh. Who is trying to say trash talking is new?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #142 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL That's true. I hadn't seen the video of Bird clothes-lining King. That was pretty gangsta. See he'd just beat your ass he didn't need to stoop low and talk about a man's wife. LOL
Unfortunately the brand is now a corporate version of it's former self. They said and did everything back in the day but were able to police each other within reason.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

except for the fact he reached down to help him up
Old 01-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #144 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Well duh. Who is trying to say trash talking is new?
You are trying to say what Garnett did either makes him mentally disabled like yesterday or a bigger scumbag than everyone else who does it.

Doesnt work both ways.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #145 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
You are trying to say what Garnett did either makes him mentally disabled like yesterday or a bigger scumbag than everyone else who does it.

Doesnt work both ways.
Kg is abigger scumbag because no one else does it quite to his level of ridiculousness. O
Old 01-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Kg is abigger scumbag because no one else does it quite to his level of ridiculousness. O
And how do you know? You have a problem with KG, the entire board knows this, you will quote Charlie Villanueva (Disregard what KG and others have said) but believe him because YOU DO NOT LIKE GARNETT. It is blatantly obvious your opinion is biased.

Is he bigger than Gary Payton? Larry Bird? Reggie Miller? How do you know? Do you play in the NBA? Do you measure them? Everyone trash talks but because YOU do not like KG, he is a scumbag and a terrible human being worse than anyone else.....because.....you do not like him.

And the video shows Carmelo looking to fight, so that theory of him "just talking" is refuted.

And again, no talk of Carmelo looking for a fight just about TRASH TALKING that happens A) On the court and B) all the time.

I hate Kevin Garnett so I need to let EVERYONE know ALL the time REGARDLESS of the situation.

We get it. I am surprised you didnt involve Rondo somehow, saying he was a scumbag for trying to break it up too.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

I already asked you to name me another player that has the amount of contraversal stories out there that kg has. There is a reason he has more then most. It's because not many take it to his level of scumbagging it.

You act like I am the only one that calls kg out but im not and I know this because there are many and many stories about kg being a complete tool and scumbag from a lot of different people.

You finally admitted he was dirty but still go on about your tiresome protection of him for some reason. His actions and the words that come out of his mouth prove the type of guy he is.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #148 (permalink)

I just find it funny that many people get on Garnett for what he did when Melo was trying to fight him and escalate it to a physical altercation....
Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #149 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I just find it funny that many people get on Garnett for what he did when Melo was trying to fight him and escalate it to a physical altercation....
People got on melo too.

It's the same thing (kind of) with the brawl in Detroit. Artest had a history and reputation. People tend to ignore Jackson or jermaine oneals parts at times when thinking back.

Carmelo has no where near the history Garnett has that's why people will tend to focus on Garnett. Also NO ONE is giving melo a free pass or saying he was in the right.
Old 01-09-2013, 03:38 PM   #150 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNJOHNNY View Post
except for the fact he reached down to help him up
Yeah he was going to help him up.