Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:10 PM   #76 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Mike Bibby is #2 pick, and he was good when he was RC

Beasley is #2 pick as well. So, it is a correct choice at that time, but he sucks right now.

Horace Grant is the key players in the first Bulls 3 peak.

Tell me which players is "ICON" in that absolute list. People like Brandon Bass is not top picked, nor a key player in any team.
Really? HAHA. Even if they were #2 picks in the draft, none of those players are "EPIC" which mean " extending beyond the usual or ordinary"

Every year there is a #2 draft pick. Nothing epic about that.

As for "icon" the definition of that is "One who is the object of great attention and devotion" in which case that fits most professional athletes.

And there are lots of great names in the Iconic set

Blake Griffin
Steve Nash
James Harden
Kevin Martin
Luol Deng
David Lee
Chris Paul
Ray Allen
Grant Hill
Carlos Boozer
Jason Kidd
Kobe Bryant
Deron Williams
OJ Mayo
LaMarcus Aldridge
Kevin Durant
Vince Carter
DeMarcus Cousins
Stephen Curry
Chris Bosh
Kevin Love
Andre Iguodala
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #77 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Yea but thats Epic Century Legends set. Noway Bibby in 99 should be in a "legends" product period. Same with Beasley
Bibby helped lead the Wildcats to the NCAA championship in 1997. Eat this.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #78 (permalink)
Member
 
peekaboo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 12,178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Bibby helped lead the Wildcats to the NCAA championship in 1997. Eat this.
and Jason Gardner is current assistant coach for Loyola University Chicago
__________________
www.ScottRobbins.origamiowl.com/ your special friends will love you!
peekaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #79 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Bibby helped lead the Wildcats to the NCAA championship in 1997. Eat this.
Awesome, Press Pass would have killed with him in that set!
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:17 PM   #80 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Really? HAHA. Even if they were #2 picks in the draft, none of those players are "EPIC" which mean " extending beyond the usual or ordinary"

Every year there is a #2 draft pick. Nothing epic about that.

As for "icon" the definition of that is "One who is the object of great attention and devotion" in which case that fits most professional athletes.

And there are lots of great names in the Iconic set

Blake Griffin
Steve Nash
James Harden
Kevin Martin
Luol Deng
David Lee
Chris Paul
Ray Allen
Grant Hill
Carlos Boozer
Jason Kidd
Kobe Bryant
Deron Williams
OJ Mayo
LaMarcus Aldridge
Kevin Durant
Vince Carter
DeMarcus Cousins
Stephen Curry
Chris Bosh
Kevin Love
Andre Iguodala
Bibby helped lead the Wildcats to the NCAA championship in 1997.

Beasley's 866 total points and 408 rebounds ranked third and second among all freshmen in NCAA history. Tell me if he was not good back in 2008. Since when Brandon Bass is #2 pick nor a key player for a Boston team?
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #81 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Bibby helped lead the Wildcats to the NCAA championship in 1997. Eat this.
How does that make him an NBA legend in 1999? ARe you saying that bibby goes to the HOF for that?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #82 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
How does that make him an NBA legend in 1999? ARe you saying that bibby goes to the HOF for that?
No, but forecast of him due to his success in NCAA. Can you forecast Brandon Bass to be HOF?
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #83 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Bibby helped lead the Wildcats to the NCAA championship in 1997.

Beasley's 866 total points and 408 rebounds ranked third and second among all freshmen in NCAA history. Tell me if he was not good back in 2008. Since when Brandon Bass is #2 pick nor a key player for a Boston team?
not a college set chief. It's an NBA set.

So every college player that was great should be an "epic" nba signature?

That's funny because most if not all NBA players were probably absolutely fantastic high school players, so they deserve to be there!

See, look at some Bass information!

"Played forward for Coach Alvin Stewart of Capitol with the school winning two district championships ... He was District Most Valuable Player in Class 4A in both 2002 and 2003 ... He was named a McDonald's All-American, a Parade All-American and an Adidas All-American ... All-State as both a junior and senior ... He was also the Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Louisiana in 2003 and was named to The Advocate's All-Metro team for two seasons ... Averaged 19 points, 14 rebounds and three assists per game in his senior season and 18 points and 13 rebounds as a junior ... Also played in two prestigious all-star games, scoring 14 points in the McDonald's All-Star game and 16 points and nine rebounds in the EA Sports Roundball Classic in Chicago."


If you're allowed to bring college into the discussion, I'm bringing high school!
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #84 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
No, but forecast of him due to his success in NCAA. Can you forecast Brandon Bass to be HOF?
Nope but as history has shown us, forecasting players to stardom fails more times than succeeds. Josh Smith, Ed Obannon, Bobby Hurley, Darius Miles were all forecasted to become super stars. What happend? The same thing that happend to Bibby. Pretty much fell short.

There is no reason for Bibby to be in a "Legends" set as much as Brandon bass to be in an Iconic set. I admit Panini made a poor excuse of a checklist for the Iconic set. Stop making up excuses for putting Beasley and Bibby in a "legends'" set. You have to admit that was poor on UDs part.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:25 PM   #85 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
not a college set chief. It's an NBA set.

So every college player that was great should be an "epic" nba signature?

That's funny because most if not all NBA players were probably absolutely fantastic high school players, so they deserve to be there!

See, look at some Bass information!

"Played forward for Coach Alvin Stewart of Capitol with the school winning two district championships ... He was District Most Valuable Player in Class 4A in both 2002 and 2003 ... He was named a McDonald's All-American, a Parade All-American and an Adidas All-American ... All-State as both a junior and senior ... He was also the Gatorade Player of the Year for the state of Louisiana in 2003 and was named to The Advocate's All-Metro team for two seasons ... Averaged 19 points, 14 rebounds and three assists per game in his senior season and 18 points and 13 rebounds as a junior ... Also played in two prestigious all-star games, scoring 14 points in the McDonald's All-Star game and 16 points and nine rebounds in the EA Sports Roundball Classic in Chicago."


If you're allowed to bring college into the discussion, I'm bringing high school!
Lol... why don't you say he was born in black and he should be better basketball player?

Seriously, I don't know how to discuss with some of you when you keep putting weird fact.

Your NBA draft position is based on NCAA career, not high school. You look at the most recent years of the player. Mike Bibby got NCAA title, and he drafted high. Brandon Bass is ok player in NCAA, that's why his high school number means less. I'm sure you see some high school kinds scored 50+ points but never makes into NBA because they suck in college games.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #86 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Lol... why don't you say he was born in black and he should be better basketball player?

Seriously, I don't know how to discuss with some of you when you keep putting weird fact.

Your NBA draft position is based on NCAA career, not high school. You look at the most recent years of the player. Mike Bibby got NCAA title, and he drafted high. Brandon Bass is ok player in NCAA, that's why his high school number means less. I'm sure you see some high school kinds scored 50+ points but never makes into NBA because they suck in college games.
And if you're not a good high school player you'll never be in that position to play for a good college!

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous your argument is. NBA cards should be based on NBA success when you name a set "epic" or "iconic".

You can't fault one and justify the other
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #87 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Nope but as history has shown us, forecasting players to stardom fails more times than succeeds. Josh Smith, Ed Obannon, Bobby Hurley, Darius Miles were all forecasted to become super stars. What happend? The same thing that happend to Bibby. Pretty much fell short.

There is no reason for Bibby to be in a "Legends" set as much as Brandon bass to be in an Iconic set. I admit Panini made a poor excuse of a checklist for the Iconic set. Stop making up excuses for putting Beasley and Bibby in a "legends'" set. You have to admit that was poor on UDs part.
No, I don't think it is UD mistake 'cuz UD clearly wants to pick top picks into the set. Michael Olowokandi is in as well. #1 bust. He was pretty hot in hobby list before Day 1 of NBA.

What part of Brandon Bass is Iconic?
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #88 (permalink)
Member
 
pingbling23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,226
Default

Not sure why you are justifying ud putting those players in an epic set, losing battle.
pingbling23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #89 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
No, I don't think it is UD mistake 'cuz UD clearly wants to pick top picks into the set. Michael Olowokandi is in as well. #1 bust. He was pretty hot in hobby list before Day 1 of NBA.

What part of Brandon Bass is Iconic?
What part of Horace Grant is? He was a solid role player for a championship team.

Are you going to tell me

Steve Kerr
John Paxson
Bill Wennington
Bill Cartwright
Luc Longley

were all "epic" players as well?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #90 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
And if you're not a good high school player you'll never be in that position to play for a good college!

I'm just pointing out how ridiculous your argument is. NBA cards should be based on NBA success when you name a set "epic" or "iconic".

You can't fault one and justify the other
Aside Michael Olowokandi and Mike Bibby in the set (#1 and #2 pick), the rest of this set is HOF (or nearly HOF like Tim Hardaway).

Your Panini lover Iconic has players that don't even play starter position for their teams.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #91 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Aside Michael Olowokandi and Mike Bibby in the set (#1 and #2 pick), the rest of this set is HOF (or nearly HOF like Tim Hardaway).

Your Panini lover Iconic has players that don't even play starter position for their teams.
Oh ok, so now you're admitting that UD made a mistake with those guys, but Panini's mistake was bigger?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #92 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
No, I don't think it is UD mistake 'cuz UD clearly wants to pick top picks into the set. Michael Olowokandi is in as well. #1 bust. He was pretty hot in hobby list before Day 1 of NBA.

What part of Brandon Bass is Iconic?
They never put Kenyon Martin in an epic set?

Clearly the product was Century Legends. Anyone outside of having put in atleast a decade of playing time in the NBA should not be in a "Legends" set.

Its obvious you will support UD till they are 6 feet under so im not going to argue this anymore. I have already admitted that Panini made a sad attempt to an Iconic auto set. But you fail to admit mistakes made by UD and over look them with blinders.

Im guessing you think UD is okay with not paying Kareem for the autos they leeched from him? Or UD was okay for defrauding Konami. THe best is when UD faked a Babe Ruth Cut auto into their packs and claimed negligence. UD never did wrong in any of their attempt huh?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #93 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Oh ok, so now you're admitting that UD made a mistake with those guys, but Panini's mistake was bigger?
Why would I admin someone's fault? I said UD puts these 2 picks because they are top pick.

Panini put Brandon Bass in the list because they don't know anything about basketball.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:36 PM   #94 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 524
Default

I love Panini, I have stopped buying wax due to the absolut JUNK that panini puts out. I understand Upper Deck and Topps were always gambles also but this is on another level of bad!

I use to buy cases and now I only buy one single box of each product.
celtics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #95 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Coachella Valley
Posts: 326
Default

joe smith not josh
4mightyQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #96 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
They never put Kenyon Martin in an epic set?

Clearly the product was Century Legends. Anyone outside of having put in atleast a decade of playing time in the NBA should not be in a "Legends" set.

Its obvious you will support UD till they are 6 feet under so im not going to argue this anymore. I have already admitted that Panini made a sad attempt to an Iconic auto set. But you fail to admit mistakes made by UD and over look them with blinders.

Im guessing you think UD is okay with not paying Kareem for the autos they leeched from him? Or UD was okay for defrauding Konami. THe best is when UD faked a Babe Ruth Cut auto into their packs and claimed negligence. UD never did wrong in any of their attempt huh?
Their legal issue has nothing to do with me. Besides, the former CEO is dead already. Whether UD continues to practice shady or not, I do not know.

And I do have problem with UD when they photoshop Bulls MJ picture with UNC jersey in Exquisite.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #97 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Their legal issue has nothing to do with me. Besides, the former CEO is dead already. Whether UD continues to practice shady or not, I do not know.

And I do have problem with UD when they photoshop Bulls MJ picture with UNC jersey in Exquisite.
You clearly support them while turning a blind eye to their fraudulent behaviour.

But you're right. Bibby and Olowokandi are true "legends" because UD said so!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #98 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 7,450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Why would I admin someone's fault? I said UD puts these 2 picks because they are top pick.

Panini put Brandon Bass in the list because they don't know anything about basketball.

Ok, well for what it's worth, a very quick look through some checklists

2008 Consumate Masters AUTOS featuring
Andre Miller
Muggsy Bogues


2008 Marquee Stars
BJ Armstrong
Gheorghe Muresan
John Salley
Muggsy Bogues


I didn't realize ole 7.7 PPG Muggsy was both a Master AND a Star!
and Muresan a Star?????? Really?????
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #99 (permalink)
Member
 
xavieronly1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,381
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
You clearly support them while turning a blind eye to their fraudulent behaviour.

But you're right. Bibby and Olowokandi are true "legends" because UD said so!
Their fraudulent behavior has something to do with the selection of player in the checklist?

I guess you can see someone's poor/cheap collection and assume he/she is just a thief.

Funny.
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #100 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,479
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavieronly1 View Post
Their fraudulent behavior has something to do with the selection of player in the checklist?

I guess you can see someone's poor/cheap collection and assume he/she is just a thief.

Funny.
How is that anymore far fetched than calling Candy man and Bibby a Legend only 1 yr into the league? Justify that?

/end thread. You and I both know Bibby and Candy man should not be considered "Legends" in 1999. Agree or Disagree? The answer will put this to a rest.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.