Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Getting autographs at a Clipper game

This will be my first time watching a game at the Staples Center. Me and my wife are driving from Anchorage, AK to Las Vegas, NV in february. One of our stops would be to watch the Clippers vs Spurs on Feb 21. Has anybody tried getting autographs before the game? Any advice and suggestions? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm a season ticket holder and sit 7 rows behind the basket. Advice get there early. Check to see when doors open and head to clippers tunnel near section 117. Players usually sign after they go in after initial warmups.
padsfan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:57 AM   #3 (permalink)

Also check with the clippers directly on their autograph policy.
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks! I will definitely do those.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

Make sure to only bring panini cards for Blake.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

i just went to a game recently and tried to get auto's with my son. got in as soon as the doors opened but they wouldn't let us down by the tunnel to get autographs unless you have seats in that section.
fumanchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumanchu View Post
i just went to a game recently and tried to get auto's with my son. got in as soon as the doors opened but they wouldn't let us down by the tunnel to get autographs unless you have seats in that section.
That sucks! I'll be in section 106... Would that be close enough to the tunnels?
Old 01-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

No tunnel is on the other side, 117. The Staples Center staff are pretty hard core about who goes where. For instance, my seats are one section over from the tunnel, but they won't my 4-year-old son and I stand by the railing (because the people with those seats would be coming soon). Best guess is to get past one of the staples center folks near 117 and make your way down. You won't be able to go to your seats in 106 and then snake around to the other side of the arena. BTW where are your seats in 106? That's where my seats used to be the last two seasons.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

wow awesome seats! i think you can in that section, i believe that's the side where the away team comes & goes.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsfan10 View Post
No tunnel is on the other side, 117. The Staples Center staff are pretty hard core about who goes where. For instance, my seats are one section over from the tunnel, but they won't my 4-year-old son and I stand by the railing (because the people with those seats would be coming soon). Best guess is to get past one of the staples center folks near 117 and make your way down. You won't be able to go to your seats in 106 and then snake around to the other side of the arena. BTW where are your seats in 106? That's where my seats used to be the last two seasons.
isn't 117 the clippers tunnel and 105 the away team tunnel? anyway guess i was wrong if you couldn't get near the tunnel when you were one section away, my seats were in the 200 level so i couldn't go down. Enjoy the game!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #11 (permalink)

Yea you gotta be in that exact section where they come out of the tunnel. I was actaully literally right next to that section and the players were signing autographs and taking pictures and the security lady wouldn't let us go over. Maybe it depends on the security person but best chance is that section.
crazymj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

even if you can't get autographs, try get there early anyway so you can check out the kareem abdul jabbar museum/exhibit, it's pretty cool
Old 01-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by padsfan10 View Post
I just bought the tickets online. It's section 106 row 13... Hopefully it's a decent view from the floor. Thanks for all the advice guys! I'll definitely get there early.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:11 AM   #14 (permalink)

Does anyone know how good blake is about signing autographs on the road? Big fan of his and have tickets to the Indy game on Feb28th and am wondering if it would be worth a shot? So is he good about signing?
HenneFan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Banned

have fun getting those autographs. hopefully they are nice to you..i went to a wizards game during steve Blakes rC year and he looked up at allof us asking for his auto, smirked and walked away.
Ironcourtcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcourtcards View Post
have fun getting those autographs. hopefully they are nice to you..i went to a wizards game during steve Blakes rC year and he looked up at allof us asking for his auto, smirked and walked away.
And that is why I already told my wife to wear a low cut shirt, and that she'll be getting the autos for me. LOL
Old 01-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikcute View Post
I just bought the tickets online. It's section 106 row 13... Hopefully it's a decent view from the floor. Thanks for all the advice guys! I'll definitely get there early.
Yea just to be clear 117 is the clips tunnel and 106 area is near visitors tunnel. Your seats are about halfway up in the lower bowl so not bad but u have to see if u can make to the floor where the folding seats are. First year I was in 106 row k on floor last year 106 row 20, and both seats were for 10-12 game packages. This year me and another guy went all in, had to. Was going to go to today's game but flu bug struck so had to get rid of some tickets I bought online as well.

Good luck and let us know how it goes (and posting a pic of your wife wearing something low cut wouldn't hurt either). Ha. j/k.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

You're married which would indicate that you're an adult. Adults don't hassle players for autographs, that's for kids. Use money from your job to buy whatever said autograph you want.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
You're married which would indicate that you're an adult. Adults don't hassle players for autographs, that's for kids. Use money from your job to buy whatever said autograph you want.
Thanks for the input. What's your point in posting this though?
Old 01-13-2013, 02:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironcourtcards View Post
lol ... u should have chucked a beer to his ass.. lmao
Joshua961203 is offline   Reply With Quote