Blowout Cards Forums
MEM MADNESS

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Has anyone had a problem with Customs? (eBay)

I purchased a Kobe Bryant "Stitches in Time" autograph from overseas on November 26th and it has yet to arrive. The tracking information says that it has been sitting in customs for over a month. The person I am dealing with is a highly reputable seller and it really isn't his fault. I opened a case citing that I was worried that I would never receive the card and lose all of the money I paid him. I explained that it was not the sellers fault, but I couldn't afford to get nothing out of the deal. The post office employees were unable to help, and I have yet to figure out a solid way to see what's going on. The customs website was also no help. Any ideas or experiences concerning this type of situation? Thanks in advance.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

Someone should have been notified if it was held in customs. There seems to be some new rule about internet purchases where the receiver has to acknowledge/authorize that they have indeed bought the item (though I thought it was only over a certain value).
If you have a tracking number just be calling either the post office or customs and ask what is happening. The sender might have to get his postal service to investigate.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

Here is what you do... file the Ebay claim before your window closes. ONCE you get the item? Simply refund the seller his/her money. It is not the easiest solution, but it is a fair solution. Just don't be a dirt bag and stiff the seller on their money IF you get the card.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Here is what you do... file the Ebay claim before your window closes. ONCE you get the item? Simply refund the seller his/her money. It is not the easiest solution, but it is a fair solution. Just don't be a dirt bag and stiff the seller on their money IF you get the card.
I hate to do that to him, but I feel like I have no other choice. It's just odd that I purchased a few other things from him a week later and it showed up pretty fast. I would obviously have no problem paying him the money back if I were to be refunded and the card showed up eventually, but there's no way I'm losing all of that money AND the card.

http://s1159.photobucket.com/albums/p623/Kingofkings1281/
Kingofkings1281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjustinfarrell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingofkings1281 View Post
I hate to do that to him, but I feel like I have no other choice. It's just odd that I purchased a few other things from him a week later and it showed up pretty fast. I would obviously have no problem paying him the money back if I were to be refunded and the card showed up eventually, but there's no way I'm losing all of that money AND the card.
Orrrrrr... you could be proactive and try to find out why it's held up. When I had my issue the receiver and I as the shipper had no idea that it was being held or why it was. By calling the postage service and getting them to look into it we got it back on the way...
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Being a Canadian I have had 1 instance where a package was held almost a month at customs. I tried many different ways to find out why it was being delayed, and could not get a good answer. My local Postmaster said that customs people can hold a package indefinitely, and do not have to provide a reason why. Give it a little more time and wait until the last day or so before opening a paypal claim. Good luck, hope you get the card.
DoubleD is offline   Reply With Quote