Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 10:48 AM   #51 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombaby_rm31 View Post
what was his streak
Really? the streak was left in his undies!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #52 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Really? the streak was left in his undies!
Someone's feeling giddy and childish today. Hahaha
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:51 AM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
boombaby_rm31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ottawa, ON, CANADA!
Posts: 2,656
Send a message via Skype™ to boombaby_rm31
Default

lol..........
__________________
always looking for indiana pacers cards
http://s898.photobucket.com/user/pacer_pan/library/

@boombaby_rm31
boombaby_rm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #54 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Someone's feeling giddy and childish today. Hahaha
Thats because everyone has an opinion on players. Let them have it. You hate KG and show it. This guy doesnt like Lebron and he shows it. Whats the difference?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:02 AM   #55 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Thats because everyone has an opinion on players. Let them have it. You hate KG and show it. This guy doesnt like Lebron and he shows it. Whats the difference?
I didn't say he couldnt have an opinion. But if you make outlandish statements don't be shocked when someone calls you out.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
rhigh2390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,578
Default

Thank you Orangejello! I honestly wouldnt dislike lebron so much if it wasnt for his fans. they are just so cocky and ignorant. Like you said, they dog on everyone else, but they cant look at their own idol and say anything at all...
__________________
Photobucket: http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/rhigh2390/

Always looking for Bulls dynasty autos and Jordan jerseys/patches.
rhigh2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #57 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
I didn't say he couldnt have an opinion. But if you make outlandish statements don't be shocked when someone calls you out.
He stated his opinion and you challenged it. An opinion cannot be outlandish!! its a personal view and thats about it. Just like ordering a steak "Blue" vs "medium". A guy who orders a blue steak probably thinks the guy ordering a medium is "outlandish". Who is right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
Thank you Orangejello! I honestly wouldnt dislike lebron so much if it wasnt for his fans. they are just so cocky and ignorant. Like you said, they dog on everyone else, but they cant look at their own idol and say anything at all...
Ive always stated that I dont hate Lebron. I hate his fans. Same goes with MJ. I dont hate him. I hate his fans!!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:06 AM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
rhigh2390's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1,578
Default

And Murrke, don't lie you lebron fans do not think that people that dont like lebron can have an opinion
__________________
Photobucket: http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z427/rhigh2390/

Always looking for Bulls dynasty autos and Jordan jerseys/patches.
rhigh2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #59 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhigh2390 View Post
And Murrke, don't lie you lebron fans do not think that people that dont like lebron can have an opinion
You say Lebron fans don't think that he has any faults.

That is a straight up bold faces lie. So you are wrong.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,250
Default

The problem with some fans of Superstars is they see there favorite player for more than he is.. Every player has faults...we could list them for each player but I don't think that would help anything....

I really Like Chris Paul and he is my favorite player but i would never say he is the greatest ever or best player in the league....

Some fans need to be more realistic in what there favorite player is on the court.
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #61 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Thats because everyone has an opinion on players. Let them have it. You hate KG and show it. This guy doesnt like Lebron and he shows it. Whats the difference?
The difference is it is heat fan's. Of course they never want to look at their player's as being bad but any other team they want to dog on them. Got to love hypocrites in the world. It is the main reason I hate the heat as well. The fans are annoying and I hated Lebron's and Wade's cockyness.
vc15jrich23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:16 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
lyyca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 491
Default

Haha this is such a funny thread
__________________
I collect Jeremy Lin and lovin' the hobby!
Check out my Lin Collection: http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/714767-am-i-jeremy-lin-super-collector.html
lyyca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:26 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,250
Default

I find it odd people's opinions can't be seen as outlandish or unrealistic.

If I said Cory Joseph was better than say Kobe,Durant, or Lebron people wouldnt think thats crazy or outlandish....... Seems ridiculous......
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:30 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I find it odd people's opinions can't be seen as outlandish or unrealistic.

If I said Cory Joseph was better than say Kobe,Durant, or Lebron people wouldnt think thats crazy or outlandish....... Seems ridiculous......
Thats your opinion. As to why you think that, its still your choice. An opinion cannot be argued. A fact can.

Fact: 1 + 1 = 2. Cannot be argued nor opinion formed.

I love the colour Blue because I think its the best colour period. This is an opinion. Cannot be argued as colour is a subjective matter dependant on taste variables.

The real question you have to ask yourself is why would you challenge someones opinion? To force them to change it?
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
bigcwd2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 4,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyyca View Post
Haha this is such a funny thread
They always are when people start talking bad about Lebron and or Kobe.
bigcwd2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:38 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,250
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Thats your opinion. As to why you think that, its still your choice. An opinion cannot be argued. A fact can.

Fact: 1 + 1 = 2. Cannot be argued nor opinion formed.

I love the colour Blue because I think its the best colour period. This is an opinion. Cannot be argued as colour is a subjective matter dependant on taste variables.

The real question you have to ask yourself is why would you challenge someones opinion? To force them to change it?
I agree to a point but I don't think is that cut and dry....

For example stats are facts....they are a measure of what happened....

Lets say Cory Jospesh averages 2ppg 1 apg and 1 ppg and Lebron averages 26ppg 7apg and 8pg. These are just numbers not real stats btw.

Wouldn't these stats which are facts show that Lebron is better than Joseph?

Like I said I agree to a point but I think at some point people need to be reasonable non bias...
__________________
Current deals- none sadly.
bdoody42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 PM   #67 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
I agree to a point but I don't think is that cut and dry....

For example stats are facts....they are a measure of what happened....

Lets say Cory Jospesh averages 2ppg 1 apg and 1 ppg and Lebron averages 26ppg 7apg and 8pg. These are just numbers not real stats btw.

Wouldn't these stats which are facts show that Lebron is better than Joseph?

Like I said I agree to a point but I think at some point people need to be reasonable non bias...
You gave the information for comparison. What you didnt do is define the critera for the comparison. This is why comparison threads always end up in arguments and debacles. You leave a "worm" hanging on fishing line and then try and figure out which fish is taking the bait only to complain about a bass taking it when you wanted trout all along.

If you want a reasonable non biased answer, just make your question more specific without holes. Try not to include a loophole in your question that lets people challenge it because you were too general or asked for a subjective opinion.

For example...
Instead of asking who is a better player, Kobe or Lebron? (which would insight a riot and give you possible reasons to their answers under the moon), ask a more specific question. Based on scoring pts this year, who is better Kobe or Lebron? Or based on assist who is better? Youll more often than not get the proper answer. Take all the sketchy out of the question. If someone throws in a "ohh well kobe takes more shots thats why he scores more" then you direct the question back to "Based on pts" not a "percentages".

The issue is more about asking such a general question and getting back general answers. Specify your question and get a specific answer!! See it every day in our meetings at work!! if a question is asked in a general purpose, the answer usually is fence sitting. Ask a direct to the point question, you get a direct response answer.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:59 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,138
Default

What the hell is a "blue" steak?
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #69 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Still wondering why people think Lebron fans can't admit his faults.
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:17 PM   #70 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
What the hell is a "blue" steak?
Quote:
There are six stages of steak doneness:
•Very Rare/Blue
•Rare
•Medium-Rare
•Medium
•Medium-Well
•Well Done
Blue is usually seared on both sides for about 5 seconds on extreme high temp then served. Pretty chilly on the inside. I think its also called "chicago" style as well but I might wrong about that!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 2,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Blue is usually seared on both sides for about 5 seconds on extreme high temp then served. Pretty chilly on the inside. I think its also called "chicago" style as well but I might wrong about that!
yikes, sounds beyond nasty, lol
__________________
http://s110.photobucket.com/albums/n93/Cadesnh/

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
Kosmo Kards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Passed out in the Circus Liquor parking lot!!!!
Posts: 2,061
Default

LeBron is a selfless player, he doesn't look to score every single time he touches the ball. If he scored 35 and lost, some haters would say he was being a ball hog and not a team player. LeBron can't seem to win either way.
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #73 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 10,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Blue is usually seared on both sides for about 5 seconds on extreme high temp then served. Pretty chilly on the inside. I think its also called "chicago" style as well but I might wrong about that!
Does anyone actually order tht way? Yuck
murrke03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #74 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 12,477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrke03 View Post
Does anyone actually order tht way? Yuck
I dont know. Ive eaten at some top steak places all over North America. You order anything over medium rare and they give you this look like "you're kidding right?".

That being said, the way your steak is done is personal choice. I know in Montreal, they love steak tar tar which I cant stomach at all. Im a med-rare guy depending on the joint.

The other thing that comes into question during steak consumption is if you eat the fat or trim it.

Found a definition for "Chicago" steak

Quote:
A style exists in some parts of North America called "Chicago". A Chicago-style steak is cooked to the desired level and then quickly charred. The diner orders it by asking for the style followed by the doneness (e.g. "Chicago-style rare"). A steak ordered "Pittsburgh rare" is rare or very rare on the inside and charred on the outside. In Pittsburgh, this style is referred to as "black and blue" (black or "sooty" on the outside, and blue rare on the inside).[3]

Last edited by Orangejello727; 01-11-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
IamRalpho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,138
Default

I work in hospitality. If someone asked for a blue steak I'd ask them to leave.
__________________
If you have under 25 iTrader feedback or any negative, I will ask you to send first

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.