Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 76er struggles.....

Hey guys the 76ers made the playoffs last season even advanced a round and pushed the a celtics to 7 games.... This season they're really struggling. Did the lose of Iggy matter that much? Is it because Bynum hasn't played? Have a turner and Holiday not grown as players? I have one see two or three of there games and they played well those days with a turner and Holiday playing great.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #2 (permalink)

Biggest difference I've seen is they look like they hardly care. Last year, they were fun to watch, tried hard for 48 minutes, and clawed their way to at least a few wins.

This year, they look tired, lack heart, and are hurting that PF/C. Turner and Jrue are better players offensively I think now that they can work without Iggy there, but otherwise, they look defeated already. With Bynum back, they are a playoff team, but I feel like it will be too little too late at this point (This is assuming Bynum comes back around late Februrary).
Ajax1723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

They are missing Iggys defense, alot..

The Bynum trade didn't help. Vucevic is an absolute beast for Orlando and Harkless is up in the air (performance wise). What has Bynum done? Sell season tickets and jerseys.

Also, Nick Young is a bomb when shooting the ball and Jason Richardson has been a let down. Lavoy Allen constantly plays C when he should be at PF. Just so many damn problems.

Bynum isn't going to play this year. The constant stalling by the team and the media. Just a boatload of BS. If he does play, it'll be for the last month and he'll just do that to get his max contract from another team for the next 5-7 years.

Last edited by ajscards101; 01-11-2013 at 06:02 PM. Reason: edited some errors
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 05:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
Biggest difference I've seen is they look like they hardly care. Last year, they were fun to watch, tried hard for 48 minutes, and clawed their way to at least a few wins.

This year, they look tired, lack heart, and are hurting that PF/C. Turner and Jrue are better players offensively I think now that they can work without Iggy there, but otherwise, they look defeated already. With Bynum back, they are a playoff team, but I feel like it will be too little too late at this point (This is assuming Bynum comes back around late Februrary).
Okay I thought Turner and Holiday looked good when I saw them. They're digging themselves a hole for making the playoffs. Doug Collins has had issues with teams not really buying into what he says after a couple of season on the job. Could this be part of it?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdoody42 View Post
Okay I thought Turner and Holiday looked good when I saw them. They're digging themselves a hole for making the playoffs. Doug Collins has had issues with teams not really buying into what he says after a couple of season on the job. Could this be part of it?
I want Collins gone after this season.

Turner has been good this year in what I call his "break out" year...

Although check how many turnovers per game Holiday has, last I checked it was around 4.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:09 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post

Although check how many turnovers per game Holiday has, last I checked it was around 4.
That's a lot of turnovers for how many assists he gets. They don't seem to have a big man who can score when you need a bucket down low. Remember when Hawes had the great start last season?
Old 01-11-2013, 06:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
That's a lot of turnovers for how many assists he gets. They don't seem to have a big man who can score when you need a bucket down low. Remember when Hawes had the great start last season?
Just checked...He is averaging 3.8 turnovers per game and 8.8 APG

Vucevic would have been the perfect big man to score down low Although Collins didn't really give him a fair chance, heck Lavoy Allen got more playing time then him it seemed last year.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I am surprised that Hawes couldn't stay up his level of game when he should be playing hard for 35+ minutes at center position. What a waste of opportunity for him to boost his value.

http://s953.photobucket.com/albums/ae15/xavieronly1/Basketball/Penny%20Hardaway%20PC/
xavieronly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Just checked...He is averaging 3.8 turnovers per game and 8.8 APG

Vucevic would have been the perfect big man to score down low Although Collins didn't really give him a fair chance, heck Lavoy Allen got more playing time then him it seemed last year.
That was a shame in my eyes. Vucevic I think will be a solid big man for the upcoming years.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

Sure Collins will get canned after the season.

How do you get blown out at home tonight vs Magic in a must win?
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
Sure Collins will get canned after the season.

How do you get blown out at home tonight vs Magic in a must win?
Vucevic showed Collins with 12 and 19 tonight.

I hope the same thing doesn't happen with Moultrie (traded + then breaks out)
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #12 (permalink)

This team is an absolute disgrace and there is no heat on anyone in the organization because the Sixers are number four in the city maybe even lower than that. collins just gives the tired answers when they should have just admitted that they went for the fences with Bynum and got burned big time. Its a damn shame to see my beloved Sixers suck balls but it takes me back to my childhood at the Spectrum watching Dana Barros, Clarence Weatherspoon, Vernon Maxwell, and Willie Burton. That team had no talent whatsoever and you expected them to lose. This year's team is a bunch of softees that dont play as a team and are just role players. You have jrue and turner and maybe thad young but thats it. The rest are garbage bro and Collins should take the heat because this is his team.
shags76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shags76 View Post
This team is an absolute disgrace and there is no heat on anyone in the organization because the Sixers are number four in the city maybe even lower than that. collins just gives the tired answers when they should have just admitted that they went for the fences with Bynum and got burned big time. Its a damn shame to see my beloved Sixers suck balls but it takes me back to my childhood at the Spectrum watching Dana Barros, Clarence Weatherspoon, Vernon Maxwell, and Willie Burton. That team had no talent whatsoever and you expected them to lose. This year's team is a bunch of softees that dont play as a team and are just role players. You have jrue and turner and maybe thad young but thats it. The rest are garbage bro and Collins should take the heat because this is his team.
You are going to give me nightmares tonight with memories of those post Barkley Sixers teams.

Truth be told, Collins still hates playing Turner. He has not featured him in the offense this year and Jrue's numbers are nice only because there are not any other options. Without Bynum this team has no go to guy on offense and no interior presence. Elton Brand's 7 boards a game would look nice this season. Lou Williams is missed for his consistency and instant offense which cannot be replicated by the bonehead Nick Young.

This team has lost their defensive identity. Last season they were top five in the league and got a ton of points on the break. This year it is a layup drill and a slow plodding offense.

I also don't like how the team's marketing campaign revolves around Collins and not the players on the floor. This is not college and pros do have egos. While not a major factor, this could play into the overall effort.

Oh well maybe next year with a new star and coach.
DrJ Converse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:33 PM   #14 (permalink)

I bet we see a swap of #2 overall picks this summer. D Will for Turner. Both need a change.
Sixers have much cap space next year.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:04 AM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to tristan20

BYNUM, that's the killer. Why the heck don't they drop him already!

The Kwame Brown effect

!
tristan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #16 (permalink)

It really is hard to beleive that Iggy was that big of a deal to the 6ers! But I guess he was on an intangible level. I like Turner even though every is always down on him even though he improves each year noticably. I like Holiday, he is a very good player. But Bynum is from my town, I know his brother although I never met him. He is not known as a hard worker and obviously not as a good decision maker. I know people who played against him and weren't impressed although that was back in the mid 2000s, he's clearly improved so much since then. So while his talent today is definitely there, his mindset and health are not! And Dough Collins is a good coach. If they don't improve they still have a solid little nucleus, they should ride it out with DC and just take it as a weird off year bc of the personel changes.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #17 (permalink)

Bynum just reported of degeneration in his knees. They have no cartilage and he won't ever be able to play many games in a row. Bynum is done
metsplaya123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnft17 View Post
I bet we see a swap of #2 overall picks this summer. D Will for Turner. Both need a change.
Sixers have much cap space next year.
that would be a good trade for both teams
Old 02-27-2013, 08:10 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
that would be a good trade for both teams
Hmmmm. So would you put Thad young at the small forward. Derrick williams is not better then Thaddeus young and they have both been playing the power forward.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #20 (permalink)

I think this is one of those seasons where you have to go down to get up. They have a ton of cap space in the next two years and I still think they have a bright future. This season has been painful to watch but I think they are in a better spot
Now than anytime since 2001
adamrosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #21 (permalink)

Sixers and celtics on TNT tonight.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote