Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > BASKETBALL

BASKETBALL Post your Basketball Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Dallas88228

cant see pix blocked at work.....what set are you guys discussing? thanks
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #27 (permalink)

Just a new card from a new product, other than that...crap that will sell for 5 bucks in the near future.

***Don't ever send first before receiving payment... Trust me on this one.
ChasK510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:29 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas88228 View Post
cant see pix blocked at work.....what set are you guys discussing? thanks
These are the Hall OF Fame hits out of Contenders 12/13. They blow case hits out of the water odds-wise 1 in 20 cases. Yet they sell like a case hit or less.

We are discussing the insanity of Panini putting this stuff in a box with no way to know by serial # or even a gloss that these are so rare. Check this out if you wanna laugh, guy probably thought it was a regular insert, can't blame him!
H17 2012 13 Contenders Grant Hill Hall of Fame 22 Clippers Duke Blue Devils | eBay

Don't be so hard on me, I'm already a Knick fan!
dasiegel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned

I dont think they are as rare as 1:20 cases. They might be limited but I dont know about 1:20 cases. Only time will tell. Im sure the lack of demand which has led to slim prices has to do with more sketisism in the set being rare than its looks.

If this set was rare and serial numbers to /5, I definately think there was be price and demand behind it whether or not it had foil or any fancy stuff on the card. Who knows if a bunch of guys chase down the set later, the prices can boogy based on bidding wars!
Orangejello727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

its not a debate, its listed 2012-13 Panini Contenders Basketball Checklist, Set Info, Boxes, More

that's why some people are saying hold onto it, like people will catch on over time... but the fact that it isn't numbered or shiny does hurt the appeal.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasiegel View Post
its not a debate, its listed 2012-13 Panini Contenders Basketball Checklist, Set Info, Boxes, More

that's why some people are saying hold onto it, like people will catch on over time... but the fact that it isn't numbered or shiny does hurt the appeal.
Whats not a debate? That they are gaurenteed 1:20 cases and that Panini specfically states they are in that allotment? Or that its assumed to be 1:20 cases and hitting these cards is based on averages?

It also states there are 3 rcs per box but ive seen boxes with more than 3 and a box with only 1. So can you tell me how its not up for debate that the odds listed on a website or a box are not specific but rather based on averages??

The odds state 3 rc per box. If someone gets more than 3, what does that say about the odds stated? Please explain?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:35 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Whats not a debate? That they are gaurenteed 1:20 cases and that Panini specfically states they are in that allotment? Or that its assumed to be 1:20 cases and hitting these cards is based on averages?

It also states there are 3 rcs per box but ive seen boxes with more than 3 and a box with only 1. So can you tell me how its not up for debate that the odds listed on a website or a box are not specific but rather based on averages??

The odds state 3 rc per box. If someone gets more than 3, what does that say about the odds stated? Please explain?
Well It's not like they'd say something is 1:20 cases and in reality it's 1 per box.

The card is definitely short printed, just a matter of how much.

Looking at ebay sales there's have been 4 or 5 of both Garnett and Wade up so I think each player might be a different print run.

If there's 5 Garnetts on ebay past and present then it's safe to say the print run is at least /15.

So if every card is /15 and it's a 25 card set at 1:20 cases, that means panini produced 7,500 cases of Contenders.

I know nothing about how much product is produced, but does 7,500 cases sound reasonable, or is that number probably off?
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #33 (permalink)

Yeah I am not that impressed with this insert. It's nice that they are trying to limit certain inserts in their products though. I just think the design needs to be a little better.
bigcwd2000 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Well It's not like they'd say something is 1:20 cases and in reality it's 1 per box.

The card is definitely short printed, just a matter of how much.

Looking at ebay sales there's have been 4 or 5 of both Garnett and Wade up so I think each player might be a different print run.

If there's 5 Garnetts on ebay past and present then it's safe to say the print run is at least /15.

So if every card is /15 and it's a 25 card set at 1:20 cases, that means panini produced 7,500 cases of Contenders.

I know nothing about how much product is produced, but does 7,500 cases sound reasonable, or is that number probably off?
Thats what I was suggesting. THere is no way this insert is one in 20 cases and 5 garnetts show up this fast. I think they are limited, but not 1:20 case limited. I think they fall multuple times over 20 cases
Old 01-14-2013, 01:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangejello727 View Post
Thats what I was suggesting. THere is no way this insert is one in 20 cases and 5 garnetts show up this fast. I think they are limited, but not 1:20 case limited. I think they fall multuple times over 20 cases
I guess that depends on the numbering.

There have been 0 Kobe's to show up and only 1 Lebron, yet 5 KGs and 4 Wades.

So maybe they all have different numbering.

KG /25
Wade /25
Kobe /5
Lebron /5
Yao /5
Chris Paul /20

and so forth.
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 PM   #36 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to boombaby_rm31

i doubt 20 cases of this product has been opened. lol

@boombaby_rm31
boombaby_rm31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #37 (permalink)

its convienient..but kindof weird that they (panini) have their card checklist directly linked to ebay sales..

i collect basketball patch cards..
bettydaw1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
I guess that depends on the numbering.

There have been 0 Kobe's to show up and only 1 Lebron, yet 5 KGs and 4 Wades.

So maybe they all have different numbering.

KG /25
Wade /25
Kobe /5
Lebron /5
Yao /5
Chris Paul /20

and so forth.
They have been known to do this before so its not out of the question. I just think for a 1:20 case hit, we have seen a ton of them in my opinion especially for a product that has not been popular.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:01 PM   #39 (permalink)

look i can't verify that its 1:20 cases but contenders is usualyl a popular prodcut and to me there aren't haven't been too many on ebay so i don't think its too far off. let's say it was 1:15 cases instead on avg., thats pretty damn rare. much more rare than a gold prizm. i think this thread's best points are just that the card itself doesn't have much appeal on its own design.

Old 01-14-2013, 03:33 PM   #40 (permalink)
Banned

Im going to speculate that the Hall of Fame cards will not be as rare as 1:20 case odds on average. THe sales will reflect this. If Panini had numbered them, it would have been easier to figure out. Take a gamble and speculate on them, they will either be a hit or miss.

Atleast with gold prizm, I can sit here and verify with a fact that there are only /10 of each.