Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   BASKETBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/)
-   -   New idea.... Lets lists the reasons we do like panini. (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/basketball/431931-new-idea-lets-lists-reasons-we-do-like-panini.html)

bdoody42 01-14-2013 12:08 PM

New idea.... Lets lists the reasons we do like panini.

Hey guys I wanted to make a list of the things we do like about Panini. Maybe someone somewhere within the organization will read this and take note. Hey we can dream.

I ask people to please be positive about panini in this thread.

I will start with a couple things.

1. Prizm has the feel of bowman chrome and topps chrome that we have been missing. The golds are all the craze right now and look awesome. The have also done a good job keeping the number of greens a secret in order to keep buyers on there goes.

2. HRX card is something that had never been done before. It's mixing cards and modern technology together.

Let's see some other people's ideas before I confine to ramble on.

greetl01 01-14-2013 12:11 PM

b/c they are the only BBall card manufacturer around

Gurds 01-14-2013 12:22 PM

Their Customer Service is outstanding.

xavieronly1 01-14-2013 12:24 PM

I like redemption because I get free toploader and bubble mailer 12 months later.

bdoody42 01-14-2013 12:25 PM

Should have known there wouldn't be many reals answers....

mrmojorisin71 01-14-2013 12:27 PM

tracy hackler has joined blowout, welcom

1eyed_jack 01-14-2013 12:28 PM

I think Panini has great player photographs on their cards and while they put out a lot of stuff, there are always some very nice sets they put out like Court Kings and Prizm

thepinoymamba 01-14-2013 12:29 PM

The Gold Prizm!
The NBA Uniforms on your card!
Free boxes!
Free cards
For the love of the cards! The true passion of collectors really collecting!

jumbogorilla 01-14-2013 12:29 PM

I like panini because they're trying to bring back the rare cards without the autos / jersey / gimmick nonsense. Yes, they have those too, but lately they have been producing case hits and 20 case hits that are not necessarily 1 inch think with patches and sticker autos - i.e. gold prizms, century stars (form the threads set), hall of fame contenders, pmg from totally certified.

bdoody42 01-14-2013 12:30 PM

[QUOTE=1eyed_jack;4024639]I think Panini has great player photographs on their cards and while they put out a lot of stuff, there are always some very nice sets they put out like Court Kings and Prizm[/QUOTE]

I did like court kinds when it came out.. Too bad they stopped making it. Prizm will be a featured product from here on out I assume..

crazymj 01-14-2013 12:30 PM

National treasures is what I look forward to all season

hche 01-14-2013 12:30 PM

Actually, for your 2 points,

1) Since we grumbled for so long, they FINALLY make something that looks like Chrome. I would say they actually could have done better with a couple more colors.
2) I think UD actually made the first video card in FB?

What I like?

1) I think their CS is better than UD and Topps in a way. At least they will honor expired redemptions with something.
2) Prizm is a nice start for listening to us.
3) we have no chioce, but we do get rookies in their NBA uni and their real RCs.

bdoody42 01-14-2013 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=hche;4024653]Actually, for your 2 points,

1) Since we grumbled for so long, they FINALLY make something that looks like Chrome. I would say they actually could have done better with a couple more colors.
2) I think UD actually made the first video card in FB?[/QUOTE]

I was not aware of that on football. Have any information on it? I think more colors would have watered down the product. Don't need sixteen colors like bowman or topps...that's exaggerating I know.

bjho852 01-14-2013 12:33 PM

Not too sure if it's their original idea or they "copied" from another company, but I like Panini's "Private Signings" autograph cards.
Nice design. Clean space for autographs - all on-card (so far).

1eyed_jack 01-14-2013 12:37 PM

[QUOTE=bdoody42;4024669]I was not aware of that on football. Have any information on it? I think more colors would have watered down the product. Don't need sixteen colors like bowman or topps...that's exaggerating I know.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This seems to be a good debate point with people here, but I also love that there are not a lot of colored cards in prizm, and I actually really like that they aren't numbered either

phdbeckett 01-14-2013 01:36 PM

I used to break their Hockey cards. If they used their DUFFEX technology on all these rare case hit non-auto-mem cards for Basketball, I think they would hit a home run.

In hand they really are great, and you can feel the card stock is special.

dasiegel 01-14-2013 01:37 PM

I have to say, if any of the companies was the exclusive we with byitch about them. So I think they do a pretty good job with providing different types of prodcuts and I think the Panini blog is more than UD or Topps ever did to keep me in the loop. Tracy even emailed me back today, I'm special!

Jin 01-14-2013 01:40 PM

I think through their forums they reach out to the collectors well and really try to listen to the consumers opinions and thoughts.

Also I like a lot of their patch sets; very low numbered (which overall is a good thing outside of the case busters) and great designs.

mrveggieman 01-14-2013 01:47 PM

I like their nba hoops and I am glad they also are bringing back their panini base series. If I could make a suggestion also bring back adrenalyn xl. While I did not care for the game that much the cards were fun to collect.

Chaddie84 01-14-2013 01:47 PM

I collect Football, so I have a choice to buy other product :devil:

Also, Panini helps make us appreciate Upper Deck.

groundsupport 01-14-2013 01:50 PM

Good fire starter Material.

Orangejello727 01-14-2013 01:52 PM

Im a fan of big base sets. I like seeing 300 cards in a base set. Couple that with select paralells of the base set, makes for a great chase. Example of this is Prizm golds/green and a base set of 300.

This enacts more trading and chasing down of cards. If you look at the BST, we finally see a few collectors posting their needs to complete a "Base" set. When was the last time you saw this happend in basketball?

bettydaw1970 01-14-2013 01:53 PM

i like their jumbo patches!!!
although the design on most of them are terrible (tools of the trade, star gazing, etc)
they have a few nice sets like this one:

[IMG]http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac170/iplumb63/Image19.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff76/maxdaaxejd/lb.jpg[/IMG]

mrveggieman 01-14-2013 01:53 PM

For everyone who complains about panini would you like to go back to 1988 when there was only 1 major manufacture for football (topps) and 1 major manufacture for basketbll (fleer)? Atleast with Panini you have a variety of products. Yes it would be nice if UD, Topps and others could offer basketbell products but they can't. There is no shortage at least for me of basketball cards that I can collect this year.

bdoody42 01-14-2013 01:54 PM

Keep the ideas coming. Nice to see some insight not just troll posts.